Print Thread
Hop To
B
bbassi Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm curious if anyone has tried to figure this out. the barrel I bought came threaded. There was no option for a target crown or I would have got it that way. Here in NYistan we can't have a "flash hider" but we can have a "compensator".

I have my second comp on my new barrel. The first comp was so fricking loud I took it off after 40 rounds. Now I'm on to my second comp. It's one with all the ports facing forward to reduce the noise to the shooter, but I'm less than thrilled with the accuracy I'm seeing so far, not to mention the comp looks huge and stupid. I just bought a 3rd comp used off a guy on AR15 and I'm wondering if I should save powder until it gets here or keep trying to find something the barrel likes even though I'm likely going to change comps once again. I am assuming point of impact will change, but what about accuracy?

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Why not buy a thread protector and just shoot it? You could also get the threads cut off and have it target crowned. The additional weight of the compensators are messing with the barrel harmonics, which is causing your accuracy problems.

Good luck

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Yes. Wear ear pro. grin

RLTW
B
bbassi Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BESpain
Why not buy a thread protector and just shoot it? You could also get the threads cut off and have it target crowned. The additional weight of the compensators are messing with the barrel harmonics, which is causing your accuracy problems.

Good luck

I did buy a thread protector. It looks stupid on the light weight barrel. as for cutting the threads off, that would make it a SBR so it's not an option.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
They do make a fake bird cage that is not a brake, no slots at all.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
anything you put on the end can change things. Think about how the BOSS system and that funky rubber weight work, accuracy comes through least amount of vibrations basically, and vibrating at the same rate every time.

IE yes anytime you change weight or location it can affect accuracy EITHER way. And thats in addition to an impact change.

Sucks, but thats life. Thats why in reloading or searching for gun problems you only change ONE thing at a time.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 30 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,882
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.