G
GWP?

Gunner

Trump Won!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Lucky it wasn't on your roof. Could have ended up looking like this!!!

Hilarious!!!! laugh

Love his daughters comment right at the end!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's alien...burn it

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Azshooter
I also say let it live. We have several of them in our house. They are shy and are usually found on the walls or ceilings near corners. Every once and a while I will see one moving to a new location. My GWP spotted one a few days ago while I was on the computer. She was very interested, lots of fun to watch her pointing on it.

We have had several that only had 7 legs. Never knew if it was a genetic flaw or they lost a leg.

Now those black widows and brown recluse are another matter. They get destroyed when found.

" 7 legs" is very bad luck..burn them soon as possible!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Azshooter
I also say let it live. We have several of them in our house. They are shy and are usually found on the walls or ceilings near corners. Every once and a while I will see one moving to a new location. My GWP spotted one a few days ago while I was on the computer. She was very interested, lots of fun to watch her pointing on it.

We have had several that only had 7 legs. Never knew if it was a genetic flaw or they lost a leg.

Now those black widows and brown recluse are another matter. They get destroyed when found.

Spideys dont bother me, but the little Wifey is terrified of them in the house, so's, I gotta be the squisher.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500
GWP?

Gunner

Great Western Pyrenees?

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Send it to Les

HAHA! I thought the same thing!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrentD
Wolf spiders are harmless.

Unless you are an elk of course. Now you know why you have no elk in eastern NE...

PS. When you find one, you can be sure there are others. They run in packs.

laugh

You're close on the pack thing, though.
Can't tell from the photo for sure but at that size I'd guess a nice big female burrowing wolf spider. Look around the yard for hole(s) about dime size.

I found a whole patch of them one time. 50 or 75 holes, maybe 100, all in about ten or fifteen yard square area. We grabbed a couple tater forks and started prying them up. A fork a foot or little less on either side of a hole then ease a whole chunk of sod up. A few were smashed in the process but most came out in good shape. We kept at it until a nice big one like yours came up, took her up to the house and made a pet out of her. They tame right down and tolerate handling pretty well but ya gotta watch out, VERY fast runners.

Set it up in a terrarium, feed bugs to it. Use a coffee can lid or similar with a piece of sponge for water. They can live several years in captivity.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
A Triple Shock or Partiton of any caliber ought to do it!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'd leave it alone. They can be pretty interesting.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To get that big, it's eaten lots of bugs already, let it go & continue eating bugs.

Be sure it doesn't run up your pants leg when you let it go, though grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
If I saw a spider like that I would pack up my crap and move. God I hate spiders.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I agree that it looks like a common wolf spider. Make no mistake, they can-will bite, not venomous. While fishing, Elliesbear on this forum had one bite him on the neck. Hurt for a while and that was it. No problems. Left a little red mark a day or two.

The F-4 Phantom II is the standard of excellence that all modern fighters are measured by. Sign on the wall at the factory in St. Louis.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Than and again, it might be one of those "Ice Spiders of Death" that thrive on sub zero temps, and go dormant in the Summer.

LOLOL i like your immagination grin

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I was bit by a similar appearing spider (although looking through the plastic container it surely isn't the same species). Reached into the pool skimmer to clean out leaves and felt a sting similar to a bee sting. Turned out to be a male tarantula that hadn't drowned by the time I encountered it. Male tarantulas are longer, slimmer and have a smaller abdomen than the female. So I trapped it in a jar and headed off to the ER. The triage nurse said it was a good thing I came in and brought the spider with me. They identified it and found it wasn't particularly venomous, but gave me a tetanus vaccine injection anyway.

The nurse said it isn't a good idea to ignore a spider bite, she recalled her friend, also a nurse, was bitten by a brown recluse spider. She didn't have it looked at until symptoms developed. First they cut out a large portion of flesh around the bite, then they amputated her leg below the knee, then the entire leg, then the poor woman died. Seems the spider's bite can also cause necrotizing fasciitis, so if the venom doesn't get you the infection will. The park I managed was home to black widows and brown recluse spiders, one had to be careful lifting a manhole cover, one manhole contained at least 200 black widows. It had to be fogged with insecticide before rodding the line.

When it comes to large dangerous spiders, kill 'em all.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
It's a spider and a big one and that's all I need to know. Anything with 8 legs just creeps me out and needs to die ASAP if it has decided to take up residence in my proximity.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by AussieLad
Lucky it wasn't on your roof. Could have ended up looking like this!!!

Hilarious!!!! laugh

Love his daughters comment right at the end!

That was great, thanks I needed that!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Blackheart
It's a spider and a big one and that's all I need to know. Anything with 8 legs just creeps me out and needs to die ASAP if it has decided to take up residence in my proximity.

Spiders don't bother me but that is exactly how I feel about snakes!!!! eek

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Looks like a Obama Crab

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Set it up in a terrarium, feed bugs to it. Use a coffee can lid or similar with a piece of sponge for water. They can live several years in captivity.

Screw that, call in an airstrike...

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,112
Posts18,502,295
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.