Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
Plinker Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
irresponsible dog owners

Someone around the corner abandoned their house. They left trash all over the yard and left their two dogs behind. The poor creatures have wandered the neighborhood for days. One is a beautiful female white German shepherd. Mrs. Plinker won't let me me bring them home. Damn. Just damn. I just saw them again on the way to church, looking hungry and thirsty.

Sent from my iPhone.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Call the county or a rescue organization. The dogs deserve better and they will cause someone a lot of grief as they get hungrier and more desperate.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn shame, the owners should be dropped off on a deserted barren Atoll In the middle of the Pacific.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Plinker
irresponsible dog owners

Sent from my iPhone.

"I just saw them again on the way to church, looking hungry and thirsty."

A couple of fine christian dogs like that will be fine. Don't worry about 'em.

grin grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Consider taking them there yourself, or at least notifying a dog rescue group. Poor fellows; they ask for little, and got even less.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Feed them and take them to the shelter.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
Damn shame, the owners should be dropped off on a deserted barren Atoll In the middle of the Pacific.
+1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If they was close my daughter would take them in a heartbeat.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Dont know yer geographical locale or surrounding landscape makeup P, and as always necessary of course, but they may sure appreciate a fresh bucket of cold water.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Some people just need to have a meeting arranged with a sack of doorknobs. Our family volunteers with the local Akita recue here. We've seen quite a few dogs that we call foreclosures. People leave their house and their dogs behind, quite often they've been chained out in the back yard or left behind locked gates.

I have no idea of your location, but please consider bringing these 2 in, give them water and a meal and call your local breed rescue, humane society or animal control and at least give them a chance. Here in Phoenix we do have a local rescue specific to white german shepherds and another for german shepherds in general. Unfortunately a lot of municipalities have their animal control adopting breed specific policies against "agressive breeds" and a lot of the time german shepherds are considered to be an agressive breed.

IC B3

P
Plinker Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
We do have a county animal control department. They keep stray dogs for 72 hours, then destroy them.

I did talk to neighbors on the next street over who supply water for the two dogs. They are the people who told me the home owners moved and abandoned the dogs.

Why do I have a soft spot for dags? It's a freaking curse I tell you!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We do have a county animal control department. They keep stray dogs for 72 hours, then destroy them.

I did talk to neighbors on the next street over who supply water for the two dogs. They are the people who told me the home owners moved and abandoned the dogs.

Ain't that the truth! I had the same thing happen to a POS that lived next to me. They foreclosed on him and he got into his BMW and left a white German shepherd behind. I just happened to go to his house looking for a couple of my dogs and saw her. She was so emaciated that she could hardly walk. Just skin and bone but I got her here and she became my "Sugar" and is a fine, loving dog. There's no finer gift than a dog that loves you.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I agree.New dog is named Little all she wants is to sit in front of you a let you pet her.That and a nice wet hole to lay in.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We need to save a dog by killing a hog!

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

It's not a curse, just a sign you've got a big heart and that it's in the right place. I've taken the time and helped several lost dogs fing their way home. Hopefully it's a karma thing and if either one of mine get out someone would do the same for them. I've also picked up a couple of strays and turned them into rescue organizations, but I won't give a human panhandler a dime.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a special place in hell for people who abandon dogs and other pets....

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Notify a resue if the county gets them their dead inside a few weeks.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is a shame that dogs have to suffer for the actions of people.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No curse , as has been mentioned. If there is no neighbor willing and you are still unable to take them in. Consider at least a big bag of dog food / few days or week to at least give them a bit of re-assurance until you all can find a rescue or new home(s) for them. Desperate dogs can do desperate things . That never seems to end well for the dogs. frown

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Big soft spot in my heart for the Akitas Mosby . Amazing breed they are. Congrats to your family in helping them out cool

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,677
Posts18,513,328
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.