Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
late to this one also... but same thing.. you guys rock...

if anything like bullets or anything would help out, let me know...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I think Klik's young candidate seems perfect.

I don't know if he'd want them but I have an old pair of Japanese binoculars that are clear and sturdy but also heavy and bulky.
7-15 zoom.
They are certainly not something I'd carry hunting as I have other options but if Klik thinks he can use these they're his.

Pictures forthcoming.

I think it's a great idea. Kids are flexible and I think just having them would be an encouragement. I'll pm my address.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Lonny
Klik's prospect seems like a kid who could use a little help.

I'd like to donate a new in package Kershaw Chill folding knife.

Tell me where to send it.

That sounds really handy I'll pm my address.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Kliks nominee sounds like a perfect fit to the mold Paul set when we started this and has my vote. Let me dig around and I will see what I have for a .308

That sounds good and I know this could will be excited when he gets it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm thinking anything like a gun case, back pack, compass, first aid kid, anything that goes along with hunting or just using guns and shooting them would be greatly appreciated. Doesn't sound like this kid has much.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
That sounds like the kind of kid that deserves a nice rifle. I have brass and bullets plus a good knife and sling if he needs one. powdr

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I think most kids work off of more is better. It'll all be appreciated. I'll pm my address.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Kliks nominee sounds like a perfect fit to the mold Paul set when we started this and has my vote. Let me dig around and I will see what I have for a .308

That sounds good and I know this could will be excited when he gets it.

If we go with the young fellow here, seeing the various offers already made for components, I'll either load the components with my own powder and primers then, or, perhaps I can use the opportunity to reload them himself as an incentive to help him get to school a bit more regularly.

And before anyone offers reloading gear, while I don't mind teaching the process of component assembly, it isn't something I encourage unless people are really ready. The hassle of getting the hazmat out here is substantial.

But bullets and cases are good contributions.

Originally Posted by nsaqam
I think Klik's young candidate seems perfect.

I don't know if he'd want them but I have an old pair of Japanese binoculars that are clear and sturdy but also heavy and bulky.
7-15 zoom.
They are certainly not something I'd carry hunting as I have other options but if Klik thinks he can use these they're his.

Pictures forthcoming.

Binos = Good!

As far as other ideas, realize that conditions here can be pretty rugged. Things are subject to dampness, so preventing moisture problems with any gear is a good thing.

Which reminds me, if anyone has gloves which are too big, too small, too warm, or just not what you thought they were, that can work too. Gloves are one thing that always seem to be in short supply out here.

Plastic ammo boxes might be handy if anyone has spares around, especially a few 20 round types.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 07/02/12.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

I've got GORTEX mittens and a hvy toboggan if you'll pm me where to send them. Also,got any idea what size clothes would fit him? I've got some wool clothing that I could send to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another thought came to mind this morning; something that would really make an impression on this kid would be having a name and state attached to the items. That probably holds true with kids anywhere, but I know especially out here where the rest of the world can seem pretty foreign and unknown, save for what they see on television.

I know some people like to remain anonymous and I totally respect whatever anonymity people want to retain with the internet. However, a first name and state would be plenty of info as far as making the givers real people. (I'm not sure that screen names would mean a whole lot all by themselves. wink )

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Klik, I think this is coming together very well so far. Thanks for providing a kid. laugh

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hows about a knife? I assume the boy has one, but I have a larger Buck NIB I bought here on the fire several years ago ....

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
looked it up online .... its a model 119 .... if that's too large maybe a CRKT folder ... nice knife too.

-g

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
George, either one would be great. I appreciate the offer. You decide. I'll pm my address.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Klik,

I've got a pair of Leupold Aluminum Rifleman rings (Weaver style) that are essentially new. Let me know if you need them, as I'd happily send them your way for the cause.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Iddave, I don't think we've got scope rings or bases yet for this rifle.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Klik, I think this is coming together very well so far. Thanks for providing a kid. laugh

I hope this works out. You can do the 'collection' on your end if you like and I can get everything sometime when I'm in town - should be before the summer's out. I'll be happy to pull loose ends together on this end. Really a nice gesture on your part to organize another deal for a kid , especially providing a nice rifle.

Some of these youngsters out here almost live a saga rather than a life. Such is the case with this fellow. I was reminded of a phone call I nearly didn't answer one early morning a few months ago' it was about 3 am and well below zero. They were looking for people to go check on a house which was burning. When I arrived there were a few people throwing snow up on the roof while others were attempting to assemble firehose and get it all connected. Windows were wide open and we could see people still inside the very smoky interior of the house. One of those people was this kid. He was trying to save their house. We had to tell him to get out and close the windows so the fire didn't have so much air. I still remember his words, "Wait, I need to get some things...my (shot)gun."

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I don't have a doubt in my mind. I appreciate you being able to come up with a kid and the fact that you have the insight to help use this to keep him in school and motivated. What ever doesn't come in I'll work on and try to kick in myself. I'd sure like this to be a great memory for him and a good motivator.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have a NIB (still wrapped) matte Pentax Pioneer (Burris FFII equiv) 3-9X available. I will not be home until September. Let me know via PM if it is desired.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Tony I pm'd you. Hope things are going well over there. Take care.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 06hunter59, 117LBS, 12344mag, 70 invisible), 2,618 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,387
Posts18,527,654
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.