Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I agree with Redbone pay him a personal visit . And after some polite conversation show how p***ed off you really are.

Freedom is not free just ask a combat vet.
I'll never forget : Frank , Chief , Cutter and Rat hole
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redbone311
File a complaint with your local police department for theft/mail fraud as well as the post office and the police depart in which he lives. I had a friend that got taken by a similar guy in California (my Buddy in Connecticut). He bought an expensive video camera (about $2,000) from the guy. Guy pulled similar scams on others. Him and many other people filed complaints with that guys local police. The police caught on that he was ripping a lot of people off. They gathered the proof, and arrested the guy. Guy did a few years in jail. No BS.
Good luck with that.
Personally, I would not sit around for $450.
I would fly out and see him. Then he would pay me all my travel expenses plus the money he owed me, or else.
I mostly post in the classifieds. Sorry but I have a bad addiction.... guns and toys. LOL
Doesn't make you a thief or a bad person. No more than a guy that goes to the gun shop a lot.
But I understand the thought. Just need to be careful.
But I am mostly just a buyer anyway. Not a seller.

I have to agree, file a complant with the local police.
Tim

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Sorry to hear this. I was hoping the SOB would come through.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FOsteology
My personal policy is that I will not buy nor trade with newbies nor those that only post in the Classifieds.

It is sad and rather unfortunate to lump them all together, however, the vast majority of the trouble with theft and scams within the Classifieds occur with that set of demographics. [Linked Image]

Yep...its asking to be fleeced.

I'm sorry that he did this to one of our good members. frown

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Get a Rope.

HM

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it's the same bigmag that gave me the runaround for a couple months earlier this year the name I have is jesse marx from de valle tx and the only way he responded to a pm was a bunch of open forum talk. If its the same guy he got a few over on longrangehunting. He did finally come through with half the brass I bought and gave back some of the funds. Others over there had some high dollar items and I don't know if he came good or not.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/please-read-anyone-know-jesse-marx-83112/

Last edited by DANNYL; 07/26/12.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Glock2240
File a complaint with your local police department for theft/mail fraud as well as the post office and the police depart in which he lives. I had a friend that got taken by a similar guy in California (my Buddy in Connecticut). He bought an expensive video camera (about $2,000) from the guy. Guy pulled similar scams on others. Him and many other people filed complaints with that guys local police. The police caught on that he was ripping a lot of people off. They gathered the proof, and arrested the guy. Guy did a few years in jail. No BS.
Good luck with that.
Personally, I would not sit around for $450.
I would fly out and see him. Then he would pay me all my travel expenses plus the money he owed me, or else.
I mostly post in the classifieds. Sorry but I have a bad addiction.... guns and toys. LOL
Doesn't make you a thief or a bad person. No more than a guy that goes to the gun shop a lot.
But I understand the thought. Just need to be careful.
But I am mostly just a buyer anyway. Not a seller.

I have to agree, file a complant with the local police.
Tim

Except the money was sent as a gift by PayPal it might be hard to prove anything was stolen. When in doubt I always pay the fees so I can dispute if there is a problem. The extra fees are worth not having to post problems like these.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As a police officer, I recommend that you print all communications and postings. List any known names, address, and phone numbers. Make sure you have all paperwork, receipts, etc in hand along with a written statement detailing the who, what, when, and where's along with any further actions you have taken to attempt to remedy. Contact your local PD and file a report for theft by deception. After you file with your local PD, ask if they would be willing to assist with contact to HIS last known local PD. The crime has jurisdiction in either location, so if you push HIS Police Dept. to file with the report and assistance of your local police, they can obtain an arrest warrant in the area where he resides.
The biggest obstacle to overcome is every crime needs a victim. So....if his local PD would arrest him on their charges, you would need to attend hearings in that jurisdiction. Unless his PD would make contact with him and threaten the charges if he doesnt complete your deal by sending the items. Its a hard situation to finalize if there is distance between you and the seller.
Another option would be file a civil suit in your local court and, obviously, he probably wont respond. You could more than likely get a judgement against him, but again....that doesnt get your money or merchandise.
I hate seeing this bullsh*t happen. And the ones doing it know how hard it is to get taken care of. It it was a felony grade or firearm it would be a total different story though.

Some people don't know that they don't know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW
[Linked Image]
That never gets old.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is there some chance the package got hung up crossing the border?

A couple years ago I had quite a time getting some Nosler Partitions shipped up north.

Black Cows Matter!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
dogman, couldn't a deposition be used instead of travelling to the location for court actions?

I realize this would also cost money but you wouldn't have to travel.

HM

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not in a criminal case....

Some people don't know that they don't know.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Sorry to hear this. I was hoping the SOB would come through.
+1

R
R
Hello, I just had a guy contact me about a Nightforce scope I had for sale. He asked for some pics and I sent them to him. We talked on the phone a little later and I became suspicious when he wanted to send a money order for my scope. i figure he will use my pics to victimize other people. Please beware! He was going by Jesse Marx out of Texas #512-995-1277. I found a different scam of his on Long Range Hunter. feel free to contact mme if you need more info. rogue93030yahoo.com

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It is Jesse Marx he screwed me out of a Nightforce on here this last winter and I know he has done the same thing to 3 other guys on longrangehunting with the very same NF.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a AR lower receiver for sale on Long Range Hunting and was contacted today by longangehunter80 about it. Luckily I had a posted note with his handle on it and realized before it was to late. Beware, he is still at it!

JohnP
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeoW
[Linked Image]
I be busy lately. I'll catch up.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dogman_24
As a police officer
As someone with common sense -- a quality you DESPERATELY NEED -- let me offer some reality. NO POLICE AGENCY OR PROSECUTOR IS GOING TO DO A DAMNED THING TO RESOLVE THIS CIVIL DISPUTE. PERIOD.

STOP POSTING INANE HORSESHIT. THANKS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
File a complaint with your local police department for theft/mail fraud as well as the post office and the police depart in which he lives.
Waste. Of. Time.

No one -- AND I MEAN NO ONE -- is going to run out and get a "no knock" warrant or obtain an arrest or successful prosecution based on this.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

687 members (10gaugemag, 16gage, 10gaugeman, 160user, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 3,289 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,542
Posts18,510,109
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.