Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Michigan LEOs are tough on unlicensed ORVs running on public roads...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by rockchucker
then why did'nt he stop? if he stops the chase is over
Didn't want to be messed with and charged protection money by the local mob. Not really that complicated when you look at it objectively.

you sir are a real piece of work. i take it the are no laws to follow in hawkeyeville and everyone is friendly and merry.

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The word "objectively" is his problem, or else he lives in a really bad place where objectivity is extremely skewed.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Darrel
AJ300MAG said: "Only issue could have been the quad didn't have a license plate..."
I agree but I feel the same way about bicycles that tend to hold up traffic, too. No license, no insurance and they pay no taxes to use that road!
I sure thought the police car could have caught the quad on the pavement easier than that showed, though. Kind of surprised me but then that was no fat ass like me riding the quad!!
But what was she going to do if she caught up with him on the pavement? Execute him?

Were you dropped on your head when you were a kid or something ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Been there done that. Them bikes under the right conditions can out run the police.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Me and several buds were cuttin down the highway in between two large WestVaCo tracts. The Billy Bob deputies were on a crusade to score themselves some wheelers for their auctions. The word was they would "confiscate" any ORV on pavement. We rounded a curve, there was the fuzz comin the other way. [bleep] them, we took the ditch and tore out through the pines.

I think it was bullsh!t anyway, just for riding down the edge of the road.

You guys got it made out west, I passed several 4wheelers in Kanab. Heck they ride through town, pull into the gas pumps, grocery store.

Don't know why the law are such bitches in the south about these type things.

Yup,here in Montana ATV's and UTV's can be made street legal for about $200.00.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My first response would have been why are you chasing? Absent a damn good reason my next response would have been terminate chase.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Unregistered/uninsured vehicle speeding on a public thoroughfare.....open and shut case.
Copper was doing his job.

The part I do not get is the number of dills on this forum that are willing to ignore tossers doing unlawful, dangerous, stupid things just so that they can fnck over the cops.
I wonder how permissive you lot would be if that same tosser skittled your wee little Grand-daughter?

Personally, I do not have a problem with coppers shooting dangerous tossers...over there, or over here.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
ahhhh, an Australian, eh?

Sam......

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I made it a point never to chase someone I couldn't catch...and to make'em wish they hadn't once I caught'em.

Had a family member, 1st cousin, run from the cops one night. He died in a wreck. His Dad was upset. Me being a cop, I could only listen to the bullcrap so long. Someone runs for no reason, they are simply morons. If they have a reason to run...they are double morons.

Cops aren't beyond reproach, but the person who runs, bears the responsibility for what happens.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
So..... What is the top speed of a quad anyway..... For factory and then the um, modified versions?

Stock they're in the 60-70 mph range I guess. Dunno for sure.

I know mine pushed triple digits and beyond with the gearing I had.
Holy mackerel..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Mac84
My first response would have been why are you chasing? Absent a damn good reason my next response would have been terminate chase.

Sure wish more in LE (AND lawmakers)had this perspective.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
ahhhh, an Australian, eh?

Yep, so you can read....now grow a brain and see if you can begin to comprehend.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
The word "objectively" is his problem, or else he lives in a really bad place where objectivity is extremely skewed.
What I meant by that word in that context was to look at it form the perspective of someone who was born totally at liberty, who wasn't messed with so long as he wasn't harming anyone. Put that person in this context and then try to see how he'd perceive being chased by a cop so the cop can oblige him to make a payment of several hundred dollars to her gang under penalty of her gang kidnapping him and tossing him in a prison cell, or worse should he resist. That's seeing it objectively. A biased view (good or bad) would be the one we're all taught in civics class, i.e., look to the greater good of everyone needing to abide by rules, and punishments applied to those who don't abide by them. See, that's not the objective perspective. That's the perspective that's biased towards what we've all been indoctrinated into since childhood.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
So..... What is the top speed of a quad anyway..... For factory and then the um, modified versions?

Stock they're in the 60-70 mph range I guess. Dunno for sure.

I know mine pushed triple digits and beyond with the gearing I had.
Holy mackerel..

60-70 doesn't sound too fast to somebody used to doing it in the safety of a car, or even a street bike, but on a quad? And faster?? eek

I have been to just past 90 in a boat. It's a WHOLE different experience than doing 90 in a car on a smooth highway!

I'm imagining that it would be the same pucker factor on a quad!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by Darrel
AJ300MAG said: "Only issue could have been the quad didn't have a license plate..."
I agree but I feel the same way about bicycles that tend to hold up traffic, too. No license, no insurance and they pay no taxes to use that road!
I sure thought the police car could have caught the quad on the pavement easier than that showed, though. Kind of surprised me but then that was no fat ass like me riding the quad!!
But what was she going to do if she caught up with him on the pavement? Execute him?

Were you dropped on your head when you were a kid or something ?

Hear me out. Let's say she caught up with him, but he still wasn't pulling over. What was she going to do then?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Capsicum spray or taser at 60mph should just about solve the problem.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Capsicum spray or taser at 60mph should just about solve the problem.
Which would amount to an execution, which was my point.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
you have no point or a clue, cuz your blinded by your rose colored glasses

FJB
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No, that would amount to suicide....your point is moot.

Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 66 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,790
Posts18,496,063
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.