Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by double tap
Originally Posted by kend
Poor judgement by the Cop. Even if the Quad was stolen there was no justification to put the public at risk with the high speed chase.

So, the cop showed poor judgement by chasing the offender, but no comments as to HIS judgement by speeding, blowing stop signs, traveling in the oncoming lane of traffic on curves, etc... which apparently, by your logic, did not put the public at risk?

Interesting train of thought...

Chris

had the copette not foolishly gone after the quad, then none of the high speed crap would have happened at all. Guess that escapes your logic, eh? She was the person that was putting the public at risk, including the poor guy on the quad.

Sam......

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
then why did'nt he stop? if he stops the chase is over

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She maintained a safe distance throughout the incident, best I could tell anyway.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
A few more laws should solve the problem.

Nearly anything can be justified by the nanny staters in the name of "Public Safety". If you're against new laws, you must hate children & want complete anarchy! cool

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As a one time owner of a highly modified Banshee - I'm surprised the cop kept up as well as she did.

I've ridden a lot of things with engines and that Banshee was the only one I was really scared about. It would pull the front tires off the ground as you shifted every gear. Even 6.

Me

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Too bad the guy didn't become a quad despite his best efforts. More proof there's no shortage of morons in our country.

A retard here stole a car, ran from the cops, and killed another driver. I hope they euthanize him in Huntsville.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockchucker

Exactly. It was the dummy on the quad putting people at risk. Not the other way around

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
As a one time owner of a highly modified Banshee - I'm surprised the cop kept up as well as she did.

I've ridden a lot of things with engines and that Banshee was the only one I was really scared about. It would pull the front tires off the ground as you shifted every gear. Even 6.

You oughta ride a 700 Raptor. Holly cow !!!!!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So..... What is the top speed of a quad anyway..... For factory and then the um, modified versions?

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RDFinn

You oughta ride a 700 Raptor. Holly cow !!!!!!!!!

Have - didn't scare me like that Banshee did. Wound up a GSXR quite a bit - not as scary as that Banshee.

It was just stupid fast. My cousin had a pretty quick Blaster (200 cc 2-stroke), he was topped out in 5th and I passed him shifting to 3rd - 3 more gears to go.

Eventually I threw a lower rod bearing WFO in 3rd which caused some pain as I went over the bars.

Me

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
So..... What is the top speed of a quad anyway..... For factory and then the um, modified versions?

Stock they're in the 60-70 mph range I guess. Dunno for sure.

I know mine pushed triple digits and beyond with the gearing I had.

Me

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
She was the person that was putting the public at risk, including the poor guy on the quad.

I can see some logic to both sides of this argument, and we don't have the whole story as to why it all happened, but I will never agree to see how you can say "the poor guy on the quad". crazy

Maybe she didn't need to chase him (debatable), maybe he wasn't doing anything wrong to begin with (debatable), but as soon as he leaned in to that throttle and starting going evasive, he lost the "poor guy" status, instantly. At that point, he becomes the aggressor, and responsible for what happens. HE was putting HIMSELF, and others, at risk.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yet another pretty much unwarranted high speed pursuit. The quad was not causing any problem to start with.

Agree.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Stock they're in the 60-70 mph range I guess. Dunno for sure.

I know mine pushed triple digits and beyond with the gearing I had.

Wow, and you lived to tell about it..... eek

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hardest part of that quad was getting traction. On concrete or very hard pack/loose gravel - it wasn't so bad. It would hit the powerband and the tires simply would spin.

In good dirt where you can get traction across the power - it was everything to keep clean shorts on....

Me

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by double tap
Originally Posted by kend
Poor judgement by the Cop. Even if the Quad was stolen there was no justification to put the public at risk with the high speed chase.

So, the cop showed poor judgement by chasing the offender, but no comments as to HIS judgement by speeding, blowing stop signs, traveling in the oncoming lane of traffic on curves, etc... which apparently, by your logic, did not put the public at risk?

Interesting train of thought...

Chris

had the copette not foolishly gone after the quad, then none of the high speed crap would have happened at all. Guess that escapes your logic, eh? She was the person that was putting the public at risk, including the poor guy on the quad.

Sorry, but you are correct, this "logic" completely escapes me! I will assume I missed the part in the video where someone forced the offender to flee against his better judgement. Otherwise, it would have been his decision alone to evade the police and jeopardize the public by flagrantly violating numerous traffic laws.

Since I don't know why the officer was pursuing the quad, I really can't make an informed, educated opinion as to whether the pursuit was justified. I did note that her chain of command (via her dispatcher) authorized her to continue the pursuit, so maybe they were aware of circumstances not evident in the video.

"Poor guy on the quad" my azz...

Chris

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockchucker
Didn't want to be messed with and charged protection money by the local mob. Not really that complicated when you look at it objectively.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Maybe you can loan her a GPS...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
AJ300MAG said: "Only issue could have been the quad didn't have a license plate..."
I agree but I feel the same way about bicycles that tend to hold up traffic, too. No license, no insurance and they pay no taxes to use that road!
I sure thought the police car could have caught the quad on the pavement easier than that showed, though. Kind of surprised me but then that was no fat ass like me riding the quad!!

Last edited by Darrel; 07/04/12.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Darrel
AJ300MAG said: "Only issue could have been the quad didn't have a license plate..."
I agree but I feel the same way about bicycles that tend to hold up traffic, too. No license, no insurance and they pay no taxes to use that road!
I sure thought the police car could have caught the quad on the pavement easier than that showed, though. Kind of surprised me but then that was no fat ass like me riding the quad!!
But what was she going to do if she caught up with him on the pavement? Execute him?

Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,474
Posts18,471,489
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.