Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I posted this in Deer hunting but not getting much. Just wanting to celebrate a good harvest with others. I sure would like to tell you all it is mine, but I can't. It is however, my father-in-laws. This picture is taken in front of the fridge. That will give you some kind of idea of how big it is. We opened a newspaper and laid it down and this rack is wider than an opened newspaper. I can't believe he did not mount this. I take that back, I have tried to get him to mount many that he has killed. I would have a wall full If I were him, but he just saids, " nah, I will wait until I get a big one" Im thinking to myself what in the world is this one to you???? This is truly a once in a lifetime. Can anyone estimate a score as I know he won't even take it to have it scored officially. He is one of the simple kind that don't need awards and braggs for his accomplishments. He seems to think well of it and it doesn't matter what others think. He is a to him self kinda guy. I love him and respect him and he would give the shirt off his back to anyone that needed it. Just wish I could get him to mount this. What do you all think? All by the way, it was killed in West Virginia.
Whitey

Attached Images
664556-Jimmy\'sNewspaperDeerwebsize.jpg (0 Bytes, 290 downloads)

" The Greatest Reflection of the Kind of Person You Are, can be Given and Answered best by the People who Work for You rather than those You Work For. " --- Brian White

"You are not defined by the way others treat you, but by the way you treat others." --Brian White
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Awesome deer...Hard to tell from the pic but it looks like 170" to 175"ish. Be a hell of a christmas present if you have it mounted for him. That buck truely deserves a good taxi.!

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice rack, indeed. Congratulations

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where at in WV (county would suffice). I am from outside of Charleston and hunt Lewis Co. My wife's from outside of Parkersburg.

Karma and Trouble have busses, and there's always an empty seat.
S
S
I say don't buy someone a puppy if they don't want the dog.

Nice thing about a shoulder of rack mount they don't cost so much to take care of once they are made.

I bet your father in law would be real happy if you handed him his trophy after it's been mounted. Even if you end up buying a cape of anohter deer. He may appreciate even more if you were able to, and took the time to, do the antlers mounted on something for display.

My dad shot his biggest deer (Oregon Blacktail) last year. I know he doesn't have the passion for a trophy animal many hunters do. Even so I know he would enjoy having a mount made of his deer. I've been putting it off and your post reminded me of my project plan... Thanks

StevenB

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,126
Posts18,502,517
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.