It surely is, my dear friend.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

On one of my Ruger #1s, I milled out an AR15 riser on the bottom to fit the top of a Ruger #1, and then glass bedded them together.

This way I can use Weaver rings, like the other 99% of my guns.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Clark I'm interested in what you did there. Care to explain the process?

It looks as though it mounts in the same position up the barrel as the stock mount, but because of the picatiny/weaver mount can you set the scope further back to the shooter to fix the eye relief problem?

Thanks.

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Clark,

An elegant fix!

Another thought is that your design also allows for moving the rail back a bit further yet over the receiver ring. That would allow the use of just about any scope on Ruger #1s.

Too bad Ruger never thought of adding a rail with screws. But then they reserved all their innovative design thinking for the Ruger American.

1B

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

In 2001 when Tapco went from Gen I to Gen II AR15 riser mounts, I called them up and negotiated a quantity price on Gen I for $9 each.

I knew Gen I were just a big block of anodized Aluminium in the shape of a Weaver rail on top, and I could mill into shapes on the bottom, like for Mosin Nagants.

With the Ruger #1, I had kind of a hard time getting the Ruger Rib off. The screws are in tight. Very well made. It is like a short shoulder bolt.

I knew I only had to mate accurately around near the screw holes, and clearance every where else. Then put epoxy between the mount and receiver.

Since then I have noticed that the very cheap ATI scope mount for Mosin Nagants has contact ribs that act like V block force multipliers.

[Linked Image]
Who would have expected great design, quality, and usefulness from ATI?

So if I make another Ruger #1 scope mount, I would go for those out rigger contact points.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogzapper
[Linked Image]

Senor Timm,

That is an awfully handsome rifle. Congrats.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just acquired a Ruger 1A --yeah, with the hated AH forearm -- that has a rail mounted neatly to the factory quarter rib. The key point is that the rail extends back over the receiver ring to about 3/8 of an inch past the edge of the falling block!

This device gives an ungodly amount of spacing options for moving the cular end of scopes way back past the safety towards the rise in the cheek piece area. With Warne QR rings, you can detatch the scope and still use the irons -- if you can see them with your old eyes that is.

The guy I got the rifle from on another site, designed this mount, and has a metal working buddy make them.

I can email a pict to someone who volunteers to post it here.

1B

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Burris medium height rings. Zeiss 3-9 scope. Works well without any other mods.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

172 members (1minute, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1_deuce, 26 invisible), 1,195 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,347
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.