Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Did you hear that moron say you could buy mortars and howitzers at gun shows?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by spr1

I want to know where this show is at because I have always wanted my very own 155MM Howitzer whistle

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You have to buy the 200.00 Tax Stamp and buy through a Class 3 Dealer. unless you buy through the Fast and Furious Program

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lets see here in a few minutes if he eats a little crow.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
"What about the armour piercing bullets and ammo? Is this what FMJ bullets are called?"
FMJ and AP are not the same. FMJ has a lead core but AP usually has a tungsten or steel core and can be purchased from Midway USA. It, Armored Piercing, is marked with a green tip, normally, but there is another color also being used these days. So, yes, .223 REM AP can be purchased by any meathead with the dollars to pay for it! That from Midway is even advertised as AP!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glen Beck just fed him something.... laugh

It was pretty funny. They have a lot of disagreements but are both good sports about it.\

Beck had a skull and he's moving the mouth like a ventriloquist act "buy a bazooka and a tank, ha ha ha".

TFF!

Oreilly says "I didn't say that, you have to see the whole thing" or some such/similar.

Beck "Yes you did, Bill! I played it on the radio this morning!"

laugh

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OH, another thing.

"You're wrong on gun control, Bill... You're wrong."

Not "I disagree".

"You're wrong!"

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is it that Bill doesn't understand the second says shall not infinge. Lame fricking conservative wana be for money.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aaaaaand, bill just screwed the pooch again.

Answering a letter at the end off the show about gun control comments.

"Your heart might be in the right place but what is the definition of "heavy guns"? The devil is in the details."

"That's not up to me it's something for congress to argue."

Well I say, bullshiit Bill! You dolt.
Congress shouldn't touch it. They should never have been allowed to touch any of the Bill of Rights.

Ever.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by spr1

You forgot about the bazookas and fully automatic weapons. They tables full of 'em at every gunshow. No ID needed, no background check, no reporting, just pay the man and go on your merry way.

Last night while watching O'Reilly, right after his rant, I hit the record button so that I could take a second look at it. Almost everything he said was BS. It pizzed me off so much the first time that I haven't been able to watch it a second time. I was going to email him about it but I figured it was pointless. I know he's been flooded with emails today pointing out the errors he made.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know if real armor piercing bullets are available or not but FMJ is.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stray round
Just wait until Oreally finds out that an arrow will zip right through body armor. He'll try to ban Indians.

His show is much better when he is gone and his show is hosted by someone else.

True. I had a MHP tell me he fears archery especially compound crossbows more than firearms because a broad head will go through body armor like a hot knife through butter.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
They will be calling the fmj armor piercing before long. Remember what happened to the 'bear claw'. I have an old box in 300 win. mag.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball
They will be calling the fmj armor piercing before long. Remember what happened to the 'bear claw'. I have an old box in 300 win. mag.

Yes I do. I do forget what was supposedly bad about them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About as mean as them "Black Talons." whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
About as mean as them "Black Talons." whistle

I remember them to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O'Reilly is as full of [bleep] as three foot up a bull's ass. Makes me want to puke.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
If I remember the regs correctly, ATF's definition of armor piercing ammunition applies only to handgun rounds. But it covers 7.62x39, because handguns have been chambered in that cartridge. And there was something about 5.56x45 being exempted. Probably someone will chime in with more info.

The legal definition includes bullets with more than a certain percentage of tungsten, steel, and several other materials. So a steel bullet with a copper jacket is armor piercing, but M855, which has a small steel penetrator ahead of its lead core, is not. The military does not count M855 as an AP bullet, incidentally. It's not made to penetrate armor. It's made to penetrate Ivan's helmet. I'm told M855 will zip right through the front and back of most body armor.

Common FMJ bullets are simply a lead core and a copper jacket, designed not to expand. The military is not allowed to use expanding bullets, hence FMJ.

Be not weary in well doing.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The AP rounds at the armory in 7.62, 5.56, and 6.8 are military and law enforcement only has to do with the handgun rounds like denton mentioned. 50cal is okay for civilians to own.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Armor piercing ammunition

18 U.S.C., � 921(a)(17)(B)

A projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or
A full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.

The term �armor piercing ammunition� does not include shotgun shot required by Federal or State environmental or game regulations for hunting purposes, a frangible projectile designed for target shooting, a projectile which the Attorney General finds is primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes, or any other projectile or projectile core which the Attorney General finds is intended to be used for industrial purposes, including a charge used in an oil and gas well perforating device.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 7 invisible), 1,537 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,312
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.