Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Bill O'Reilly understands the regular American. He is on TV because he is far more educated than those who doubt him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mikeduhast
Bill O'Reilly understands the regular American. He is on TV because he is far more educated than those who doubt him.

Those that doubt him realize there's a huge gap between "educated" and "intelligent".

Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
Last night I watched The O'Reilly Factor on Fox News Channel and he engaged in a discussion with a Republican member of the US House of Representitives. In the course of the discussion O'Reilly stated that it's easy to buy machine guns and armour piercing bullets without these items coming up on the Feds radar. I don't know about the armour piercing bullets but I'm sure that there is a lot of federal paperwork involved in a machine gun. Am I correct and O'Reilly is full of crap on this issue? And what about the armour piercing bullets and ammo? Thanks.
He's full of crap..

And it was so bad that I've decided that was the LAST time I ever watch that fool... Everything he said demonstrated to the world his complete lack of knowledge on the subject.. If I were he - I'd be so embarrassed I'd never show my face again..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Glenn Beck was on O'Reilly's show last night and made a fool out of O'Reilly for his previous statements. Kinda funny to watch the pompous a$s that O'Reilly is try to justify what he said.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Originally Posted by spr1
Did you hear that moron say you could buy mortars and howitzers at gun shows?

I want to know where this show is at because I have always wanted my very own 155MM Howitzer whistle

here ya go: http://www.cannonsuperstore.com/m1918.html

GOA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When SKS rifles first swept through this area people went nuts over them. Cheap. Dirt cheap.

79 bucks for the rifle, that's cheap enough. And 1.50 per box of chinese ammo, even cheaper if you bought a whole case. Both were marked Norinco.

Few years down the road the bayonet was outlawed then the ammo. Ammo was just FMJ as far as I ever knew but a lot of people said "armor piercing". I sawed one up to have a look. Lead filled copper clad steel.

People used them for varmints, especially coyotes, but I always said they weren't worth a damn. No expansion, just drilled a .3 hole strait through. Sometimes have to hit a yote 2 or 3 times before he'd go down. Unless a head shot they can run a couple miles with a hole drilled through. Shooting them on the run IS fun, but still...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TooDogs

I want to know where this show is at because I have always wanted my very own 155MM Howitzer whistle

Now that is just plain cool cool

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

That will be good for defense during the zombie invasion....

NRA Benefactor Member
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TooDogs

Well I stand corrected. Now, I just need to find a holster for it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yesterday I looked online into the availability of true AP 7.62X39 rounds with hardened steel cores. I previously knew little to nothing about the subject because I've never had an interest in it.

Here's what I found and please feel free correct me if I'm wrong.

There was ban in 1994 on imported AP ammo in 7.63X39 so it's limited to existing pre-ban supplies. You can find it, but it's not readily available. The real deal hardened steel core AP ammo has a black lacquered tip - at least with some and I don't know if all of it does. There's also a variety of various steel core ammo, including lead filled copper clad steel, that's not the same as the true AP stuff.

Here's a good article on the ban.

http://www.thegunzone.com/762x39.html

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nothing will penetrate a bullet proof vest like a sharp dagger point knife

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Type PS ball has a mild steel core. Not true AP, but does have enhanced metal penetration. Most of the true AP is in the 7,62x54R rounds like the PKM use. Punches US body armor quite handily as our guys learned to their distress.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bea175
Nothing will penetrate a bullet proof vest like a sharp dagger point knife

Back in the late 1970's that was demonstrated well when a couple of vest manufacturers' representatives were demonstrating their newest and greatest vest in OKC and they decided to demonstrate it's unexpected non-resistance to a knife. The recipient died according to the newspaper.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To call a vest bullet proof is a bit of a stretch. Like its been said vests are resistant to some types of small arms ammunition. Its not the end all to beat all. It will some some bullets and keep others from doing to much damage. Machine guns are legal to own and shoot, if you go thru the required paper work. Your local cops have to sign off on it. while If you live in NYC, your chances are better with the Lotto, while in places like Alaska and Idaho, they could care less. Some people shoot cannons, and I mean cannons like World War I French 75's. O'Reilly is foolish, to lazy to do some looking into what you can and can not do with regard to firearms. Poor journalism. And nobody buys it so its makes him look even more stupid.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gmsemel
ToMachine guns are legal to own and shoot, if you go thru the required paper work. Your local cops have to sign off on it. while If you live in NYC, your chances are better with the Lotto, while in places like Alaska and Idaho, they could care less.

Depends on the State you live in. Lots of States will not allow you to by the Federal Tax State and acquire those class of weapons it isn't only NY.

But say I'll have to thank Bill O'Really for showing his colors again it isn't about the constitution its about Billy O'Really and what he thinks things should be.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 07/26/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I shot alot of the pre-ban Norinco 7.62x39 stuff back in the day, it did have a steel core, but I think it was mild steel. Shooting in a field at night it would sometimes throw sparks when you hit rocks with it.

I had some surplus, pre-ban, black-tip 30-06 though that was the real deal. 164 grain projectile with a hardened steel penetrator, and they were loaded HOT. Shot some 3/4" plow shanks with that stuff and it would punch a quarter inch (the diameter of the penetrator) hole in them just like you drilled it on a drill press. I have absolutely no doubt you could crack engine blocks and disable vehicles with that stuff.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by JTPinTX

I had some surplus, pre-ban, black-tip 30-06 though that was the real deal. 164 grain projectile with a hardened steel penetrator, and they were loaded HOT. Shot some 3/4" plow shanks with that stuff and it would punch a quarter inch (the diameter of the penetrator) hole in them just like you drilled it on a drill press. I have absolutely no doubt you could crack engine blocks and disable vehicles with that stuff.
I have some old pulled 30-06 bullets. I just wanted the cases until I found they had the crimped primer. Some had black tips, some red tips, and some no color at all. Does the black tip mean they are armour piercing? What about the red tip? Thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can use a magnet to detect steel cores in AP ammo.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
There is a fundamental problem with those that support firearms freedom in that we are constantly put on the spot by those that want to limit firearms ownership. Thus we are constantly left trying to defend our position in the wake of a national tragedy that involved firearms.

I propose that we go on the offensive in the firearms debate. How many times per year does the average person see someone killed or wounded in the media? When firearms are used inappropriately, does the media sensationalize the event across the nation, leading to copy-cat events in other locations? I believe that Hollywood is playing both sides of the street - ever more violent movies and television that leads some individuals to act out what they see. And when that happens, liberal news outlets are there to ring out the clarion call for more firearms control. I feel that it's time we go on the offensive in asking for controls on the media. We need limits on brutality in the media. We also need limits on reporting firearms tragedies so the sensationalism doesn't motivate others to act out their fantasies.

In short, if you want to limit the Second Amendment, you'll have to deal with limits to the First Amendment. I suspect those that want to limit firearms freedom will quickly shut up.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
No. O'Reilly is not correct. O'Reilly is a statist prick who has far too big of an audience, many of whom are fools that buy the garbage he's selling every night.

I'm sure another just like him will replace the jackass when he's gone. He was very early on the romney bandwagon & his ilk gave us the terrible choice we're now stuck with.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 1minute, 257 roberts, 58 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.