Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
...You'd be surprised how easy it is to conceal a full sized 1911. A T-Shirt will do it quite well enough, with the right IWB holster.

True, although I typically wear a button down shirt, untucked. Works in most situations.

Last edited by acesandeights; 07/26/12.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

TripleA RV in Medford, OR SUCKS

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by stray round
Originally Posted by gunner500
Summertime right front jeans inner pocket holds a little Sig P 239 in 9MM

Dang, you've got some big pockets.

To the OP whatever you get don't skimp on the belt and holster because they are just as/or more important for comfort/concealment and access as what handgun you choose.

I like the idea that has already been posted to go to a LGS that rents a wide variety of handguns and shoot and try them out.

Jus regular old 36"X36" britches. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I carry a Kimber full size .45acp daily and I wear jeans and a t-shirt.

Get a bianchi itwb holster and don't tuck your shirt in, Wear it on your side or in the small of your back easy to get and you have a real gun in your hand when you need it (I don't like plastic in my guns, it's just a personal choice)

for a right hander you would want a right hand holster for the side and a left hand holster for the small of your back, just the opposite for a left hander. it takes a little getting used to but so does a heavy winter coat when winter comes around again.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only one thing to really consider make sure you shoot it well enough you'd bet your life on it.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stray round
Originally Posted by gunner500
Summertime right front jeans inner pocket holds a little Sig P 239 in 9MM

Dang, you've got some big pockets.

To the OP whatever you get don't skimp on the belt and holster because they are just as/or more important for comfort/concealment and access as what handgun you choose.

I like the idea that has already been posted to go to a LGS that rents a wide variety of handguns and shoot and try them out.

He wear a Farmer Bib Overall and they will hold his 500 Smith if he can keep his nuts out of the way

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's easier to conceal for some body types than others.It's harder for a small guy than a guy with big shoulders and small waist.If you are tall with a big waist,it's hard to get shirts long enough that won't ride up and show your gun.

I carry a Kahr P-380 in a front pocket holster 90% of the time.If I was going into the city or somewhere i considered a higher level of danger,I carry a Glock 36 in an IWB holster.I could carry the Glock just about anytime and I did for years but it is a lot more comfortable in shorts and T-shirt with the P-380.

Just remember everything is a compromise.Pick a carry combo that you are WILLING to carry all the time and is comfortable to do so.Don't fool yourself into thinking you will put up with discomfort.You may for a few months and then the uncomfortable rig will stay in the truck.

It's when you don't expect to need your gun that you will need it.You wouldn't knowingly put yourself in danger.It's the rig that will go on with your pants and you just forget about that will be there when you need it.Most of the time I don't even think about the Kahr P-380 in my pocket and even have it on around the house,only taking it off when my pants come off.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LMFAO Bea, damn dude laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by johnw
for clarity...

link

just a simple illustration of why not everyone should carry a gun...

and...
Police now back CCW , 100%!

this is simply untrue...

I beg to differ, Every cop I know with the exception of 1 like the fact that the ccw laws exist as it makes for less work for them and crimminals must take into consideration weather what they want to do is potentially worth getting killed for.

The 1 who objects to it is kinda a nasty guy and is on a power trip so I really don't value his opinion much anyways.

I don't think it's 100% but its more for it then against it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Can't stress strongly enough to find a HIGH quality holster that is comfortable.

Most guys, myself included, have a drawer full of holsters that didn't quite work out.

I agree with those suggesting Super Tucks, Tucker gunleather etc. These are both excellent hybrid (leather and kydex) holsters. Sparks and others make some excellent leather and comp-tac make excellent kydex holsters.

Montana MOFO
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by okok
I'm really impressed with my Kahr.

I like them too. I have an MK9 Elite (with the elite trigger) and a new CM9 for the times when I don't want to carry the weight of all-stainless. I find I have to be a bit extra careful with the MK9 Elite trigger... it's the lightest, smoothest DA trigger I've ever owned a pistol. It seems as though I only need to think about it going "bang," and it does so. CM9 trigger is also smooth, but not nearly as light a pull weight.

In any event, both are emminently concealable, and stay loaded with 147 gr. Fed HST. I'd also feed them Ranger Talons... if I could find them.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

I've had to carry for 30 years, usually in jeans and t-shirt. A Glock 23 gets the nod, and it's never been in a holster.

Even while driving?

Sorry for the delay, it's one of those 90 hr weeks. It's carried butt forward in the waist band, between the right hip and small of the back.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 257 roberts, 10Glocks, 2UP, 31 invisible), 1,702 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,289
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.