Print Thread
Hop To
M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
my son and I were wheels up for our DG hunt in Zimbabwe, with Martin Pieters Safaris. Can't believe its been a year. Glad I went last year. Presently I'm fighting back, leg, feet issues. No way I could go now. For any of you boys wanting to go to Africa, get it done while you still have your health.

maddog

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I could not agree more!

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Well said Maddog, Hope the leg and feet issues clear up fast so you and your son can make it back to Africa.

Brian
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is no better time than now.

Glad you did it maddog and I hope the back and feet hold up. Youngest son was diagnosed with Sheuermann's disease in this week with an added stress fracture of one of the vertrebae (how in the heck you spell that confused) in the lower back. Will know next week some time what this 15 yo will have in stall. Glad I hunted with him a month ago as of yet we are unsure what the recoil can cause.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sorry about the health issues maddog.
I am headed to Zimbabwe this sunday 29th to hunt with Martin Pieters.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
you suck......

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I am very glad to have gone to RSA for plains game in 2011, came back in May and was laid off in August and am still unemployed. Have since retierd
Go while you can.
It was the MOST fun i have ever had with clothes on ---

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
There are more factors than health.

Nine years ago I was preparing to go to the Okavango Delta with a friend for buffalo and plains game. It was a great hunt--and the two PH's on the trip were Martin Pieters and his good friend Russell Tarr. I hunted with Russell and my friend hunted with Martin.

Today the Rann Safaris camp we hunted out of is long gone. More and more African hunting is being screwed up by governmental officials turning safari areas over to folks who know nothing about the business, changing them to game-viewing areas, or charging ever-higher fees, which will eventually drive some safari operators away. I am really glad I went when I did. It was my best safari ever, in several ways, and I never would have believed the same trip wouldn't be possible less than a decade later.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I maxed out a CC to do just that. You give excellent advice.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
True, go while you can. Friend of mine in Australia and I have been talking about me getting over there and hunting Sambar with him. got a call from a mutual acquaintance in Pueblo, Wed night, saying Ian has died. 55 years old. Probably a heart attack. I am trying to get in gear and get money sent to do a Buff hunt in Oct.

Last edited by ghost; 07/27/12.

Ghost
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Always been my dream trip, Africa! Almost went 2 diffrent times, but kept putting it off, now at 53, blood clots, in left leg, 3 surgerys later, think im on the mend, but not sure of what damage the leg has had, already been told it will never be the same! been laid up since may 4th, no job now, sold most of my gun collection, takeing it a day at a time now! Ill get thru it, but cant, even think about the trip anymore as it will take for ever to pay the med. bills. so if you got the chance, and or the $$$ Id say go for it! but please post your trip and pics, so myself and others may get to live a small bit of it!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

281 members (1minute, 204guy, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 34 invisible), 14,382 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,947
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.