Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 944 of 1,842 1 2 942 943 944 945 946 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good idea on the equalizer hitch. Especially, if you still have the blazer to pull it with.

Sweet toy hauler!

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well today is one of those day's in my life that I didn't think would come here so quickly. Today PWM, RWS and I will head south with a truck load of CLB's things, CLB following with her car packed also. Her room is cleaned out and she's ready to go.

I can see she's excited, terrified and already missing her dad. As he hugged her and walked out the door this morning, she turned to me with huge tears streaming down her face...that's my dad she said. grin

This is one hard day for me, I'm gonna miss her...alot. I know it's not the end and simply just the beginning of the possibilites for her and her life. She hasn't been the worst of kids nor the best as I look back and think "where has the time gone". I also know that there will be more trials and happy times to come because she is a girl. LOL. And yes she's only a little over an hour away, but maybe what's hitting me is that I need to let go just a little more today and that she's growing up.

Now I'm left in a house with a bunch of boys......ugh. grin Have a good day everyone. And like my signature lines says, I AM CRYING I usually just say that when I am and don't want anyone to know.

Mrs. ND

Last edited by mrsnortherndave; 07/27/12.

"I'm not crying!!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mrs ND, you and ND wear the Titles "MOM" and "DAD" like well polished Medals of Honor. Now Weezy has to go out and learn how to stand on her own. I think you and Dave have done a Helluva good job raisng her and that Weezy will do alright. I hold her in very high regard (Dave can explain that to you). The Best for ALL of ya!!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been gone all week at a national staff meeting, so I had some catching up to do.

ET hit the nail on the head, you two done good, the rest is up to her and she can't do it from home.

Uncle Dusty, Prayers sent up, hope you're feeling well and continue to.

buschy- get the 06, a 270 will just bounce off most game I read it on the innernets, so it has to be true

Missy, I love the toy hauler! congrats!

now I get to go catch up on a bunch of stuff from the rest of the week. Kendra's about ready to pop and has a time of it getting comfortable much of the time, I think little sylvia will be coming early, we'll see. Have a great friday everyone!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
BTDT, Pam. Tough on parents when the kids leave the nest. However, you've got the 2 boys to keep you on your toes. eek

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Mrs. ND you did what you're supposed to do. You raised a little girl into young lady, and now into an adult. That is our job as parents.

We're supposed to prepare them to be on their own. You did it! Be proud of yourselves and be proud of her.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Weezy,

I wish you luck on where ever this new chapter in your life takes you. You've grown up and taken a HUGE step in a positive direction. Be smart, be safe, have fun...you're still a kid ya know. smile

Good Luck Weezy,

Tom

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep Weezy have fun....but remember this...your mom and dad are a lot smarter than they look so take their advice on things to heart! laugh

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Pam and Dave(mostly Pam) have done an exemplary job in raising a fine young lady.She will do well and be a credit to her upbringing.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been thinking about you Dave & Pam. I know it has to be hard to have your first child going off on her own. She will do great, she has grown in many ways and should be very proud. Good Luck Weezy!

Thanks for the advice on the caulking. There are no leaks in the ceiling and I would like to keep it that way. smile I have to order a new vent cover for one because it is cracked (put tape on it till I get one), but the other 2 look brand new. We are taking the bed out today and flushing out the lines. Did I mention that there were 2 brand new boxes of Armstrong vinyl floor tiles left in there. Yep I am going to but them down, a box of each black & white. I also got textured paintable wall paper for the walls. Figure it would be better than spackeling all the holes from when he took the bed off the wall. Now I am getting excited to get started!!!!!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sounds fun! I just finished painting the kitchen, doing to put the backsplash final trim on and grout the top seam and the kitchen will be done for the most part. I like small scale remodel jobs, its fun to see the change a couple days can make.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wheew!

Had a heckova long weekend but very productive. Worked until 4 on Sat, headed up to Duluth to see Pa. We hit the town for pizza and some frosty beverages. I swung into the grocrie store and picked up a few racks of ribs for his new smoker I spied when I got to his house.

Today we got the drives side cab corner and the pass. side rear box rocker(on the box behind the wheel) panel on the truck. There is a small hole to fix next to the cab corner, on the door post, then it's time to sand, sand, sand. Primer and sand, sand, sand.

See a pattern here? grin

I'm so wiped out I can't post pics tonigh.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I brought my little bear cub out to visit the crew at Chickenbuck Saturday afternoon. There was a lot of energy amongst the young folks out there. It wore me out just watching. It was a good time but we'll have to bring some machinery with next time so we can play outside. Ben was eyeballing the preacher's 50cc dirtbike pretty hard!
Thanks, guys! I would love to visit again next time I'm in the area.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Got some work done out there too.

I think Pam took some pictures, mostly mowing by deer stands.

I'll take a look tonight and see what she's got for pictures

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I could use a chickenbuck run. I'd like to get this truck done before fall hunting type festivities start, to be honest, I'm getting a little burnt out on it.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That happens with those projects.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Had a great weekend fishing Walleye on Devils Lake in ND. What a fishery!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
That happens with those projects.

Part of it is I know it's not going to be as nice as I want it to be just because of the shape it was in when I bought it. I'm only willing to put so much money into a $3K truck.

I also have a vision of what I want for the next one, which would cost WAY too much to put into this truck at this point. I'll find a nicer truck to start with the second time.

I bought to learn how to do some of this stuff. I've learned not to buy one in the shape this rig was in when I got it, I've learned that you need to have a plan before you start or my ideas are all over the board, I got to spend many, many hours with my dad and son, and I learned these old Ford trucks still kick ass.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That sure sounds like fun.

Nort dakoda eh??

I hear they have prairie dogs that needs shotting.

That would be an awesome trip, if a feller had a new 8x20 ice castle camper/ice fishing house.... You could tow that out to ND and do some prairie dog shooting....

But I don't know anybody that has one of them. frown

or do I?

grin

Last edited by northern_dave; 07/30/12. Reason: 8x20, not 8x10

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
What did the walleyes run for size Rooster.

Spent a good part of the morning making reservations for our upcoming Montana trip. We'll finally get to see the house my son and DIL bought in Three Forks. Grandson will be coming back with us to spent a few days in WI. Than we have to take him to O'Hare to fly back home.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Page 944 of 1,842 1 2 942 943 944 945 946 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.