Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I am interested in purchasing a Model 700 CDL in 30-06. I really want the X-Mark Pro trigger and would also possibly like the old R3 recoil pad (before they switched to the Supercell pad)

When I look on Gunbroker, there are two different appearances to the stock. One version shows a single dark circle below the action and another version shows two circles (one below the action and another more forward) I assume these are screws going across the stock.

Any idea what the difference is between the two? Any idea how to tell if a particular rifle has the old trigger vs the x-mark pro (besided looking for the adjustment screw)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do a search on here for the X-Mark Pro trigger... not real highly thought of. I think one of the Montana guys has broken two or three of them, snapped right where the adjustment screw peeks through the shoe. I have one on a .243, and as soon as I can, it's gonna be replaced by a Timney or Shilen.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have three x mark triggers and non have the adjustment screw, they have to be adjusted just like the old triggers oh and they are as nice as my shilen and timney

Last edited by msuhunter; 07/28/12.
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
What do you guys think about my stock question?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would think the dual crossbolts would be used on the Magnum models.

`Bring Enough Gun`
IC B2

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I wondered the same thing. But, those pics are the same caliber. Where's all the Remington fanatics?

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

I only have three X-Mark Pro triggers and all three were the easiest to adjust M-700 triggers I've ever worked on. They simply adjusted perfectly ... then, a drop of nail polish on each of the screws and I was in biz.

Any time I see the words "NEW & IMPROVED" I just know that some lawyer-fella has dicked-up the product and that is especially true with liability traps, like triggers.

Friends, this is one time that NEW & IMPROVED really resulted in a better product.

I love the X-Mark Pro trigger ... a lot.

May God Bless All of You,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The X-Mark Pro works fine. The dark spots are cross bolts. The factory uses whatever it has in stock at times. You don't want the old recoil pad. It's a mess...

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Friends, this is one time that NEW & IMPROVED really resulted in a better product.

I love the X-Mark Pro trigger ... a lot.

May God Bless All of You,

Steve

Steve, you know I look forward to your posts and enjoy them, but I finally found something we can disagree on.... Ive had four X-Mark Pro Triggers, the first magically went from four pounds to 16 pounds all by itself overnight, the second broke at the adjustment screw before the rifle was ever fired, the third and fourth never got the chance to [bleep] up... wink
I value your opinion far more than most, and you have to know that I'm one of those people who were put on this earth to prove to others that Murphy's Law exists...If there is a bad trigger out there, I'll get it....Honestly...I got a can of pork and beans once with one (1) count it, one bean in it! cry

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
It's disappointing to hear some bad reviews of the X-mark. I am a serious trigger snob and the old trigger was a POS in my opinion.
Also seems weird about the 1 vs 2 crossbolt thing. I would have guessed they would wanted more uniformity off the production line.

IC B3

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's keep straight what we're talking about here... an X-Mark is not the same as an X-Mark Pro... IIUC, the plain X-Mark DOESN'T have the screw though the trigger face... right?

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
10-4...

but both are a POS.....so they are alike in that regard... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually both types are called X-Mark Pros at least that's what the tags on the rifles say. I prefer the original trigger over either. It's easy to adjust and stays put.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
throw the x mark in the trash buy a timmney

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My xmark pro breaks as clean as pudding,

I also like the way the adjustment screw sticks out and is always in the way, catching my finger, my gloves....

Garbage...................

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My x marks have been great, maybe its the guy who adjusted mine, but I wouldnt spend 10.00 to upgrade on a timney or shilen with the way my x marks are. The x mark pro? i guess, one with the adjustment on the trigger that catches the gloves, POS and wont have one on my rifle.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've had 4-5 Mark X triggers...all worked flawlessly...I hope it stays that way...

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The regular old Rem trigger is far from junk. It is easily adjusted to a hoot range if you know what you're doing. I also like the XMark triggers...the XMark Pro? Idk yet, but I'll give one a chance sooner or later.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I look on Gunbroker, there are two different appearances to the stock. One version shows a single dark circle below the action and another version shows two circles (one below the action and another more forward) I assume these are screws going across the stock.

CDL stocks with the single black cap are those on non-magnum calibers with the standard sporter barrel contour. Two black caps - the stock is for magnum sporter barrel contour, or a standard caliber gun with the fluted stainless barrel.

BTW, the black caps are merely decorative covers for brass pins that act as cross bolts in the area behind the recoil lug and between the magazine well and trigger inlets.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (22kHornet, 25aught6, 280ACKIMP, 222ND, 270wsmnutt, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,380
Posts18,527,505
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.