Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
ChrisF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
With all the hoopla surrounding Michael Phelps run at history, a significant shooting story was overshadowed. Yesterday, Jamie Gray took Gold in the Women's 50 meter 3 Position Championship. She led by 2 going into the finals, and extended it to huge (for shooting) 4 points on her way to a Olympic record score.

Those of you from Pennsylvania or those that shoot smallbore might know her better as Jamie Beyerle. Compared to Kim Rhode's win, this one was pretty quiet. I had to search for this one out of curiosity (nice surprise) versus seeing it in the coverage.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Chris, for keeping us up to date on that one.

And it didn't make the national news? Who would have thunk it?

I heard about Kim Rhode's win, but nothing else about the shooting sports. Granted, I don't have TV, but would have liked to have seen it on the internet pages at a minimum. Or heard about it on the radio. Then again, what does one expect regarding the shooting sports and our news media.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
ChrisF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You're very welcome Geno. The USA Shooting webpage didn't even have press releases posted as of Saturday night even with the time difference (although they do have a facebook page with very current news and photos).

Ya know, Eastern Washington must be some kinda hotbed of ISSF shooting. A gal I know from Cheney won Gold a few years back, and this year's team has Uptagraft and Furrer on the Rifle team and Olson on the Paralympic team hailing from Spokane area.

Watch the web today, Monday. The men's 50m 3P finals are on. Hopefully Emmonds and Parker are holding hard.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Valsdad

And it didn't make the national news? Who would have thunk it?

Be glad it didn't, from what I've read about the woman trap shooter and the abuse and disgusting comments she received no one would want their accomplishments in the shooting fields to be public knowledge.
She has apparently received death threats from the demented anti hunting crowd.

The original international turd
ChrisF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't let the twisted words of the anonymous radical few posting on the internet spoil my party if I won Olympic Gold in shooting...and apparently Kim Rhode hasn't either. She was in such demand for interviews, appearances on Good Morning America etc., that she barely had time to sleep and get refocused for her next event.

BTW, Kim Rhode and Jamie Gray roomed together in London.

Last edited by ChrisF; 08/06/12.
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
ChrisF: Of any evening of late I have been watching a LOT of the Olympics and the "busy body" commentary bits that seem to go on endlessly between events - yet I have not heard one word of this Shooting Gold until seeing your posting!
Thank you for posting this information for us shooting enthusiasts to enjoy.
Yes the "coverage" should be a little more inclusive - I did see several Archery events on different days but have as yet to lay eyes on a Shooting event or any word thereof.
Thats a shame.
Congratulations to Jamie Gray!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 007FJ, 76 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,714
Posts18,494,533
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.