-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No problem getting new guns into our house. My very understanding wife knows how important hunting and shooting are to me. I tell her when I am planning to buy a new one and she encourages me to buy it. She does the same with things that are important to her. We discuss the larger purchases and agree that we each have our own interests. Seems to work well for us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife and I have been married for over 40 years. I have never had to sneak anything into the house and neither has she. I support her in her golf addiction, she supports me in my gun addiction. Also, she is a hunter and shooter, so if I come home dragging a new-to-me gun, she always wants to see what it is and when can WE go shoot it. grin

Cant imagine being in a relationship where the partners have to be deceptive about their purchases. Or anything else, for that matter.

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Give it to a trusted friend. Have him bring it over and thank you for letting him borrow it for a while.

One of my favorites as told to me by an older gunshop owner. Years ago a preacher bought a used shotgun from him, and was worried about how his wife would react to the new gun. The next time the shop owner saw the preacher he asked how it went when he got home with the shotgun.

The preacher said that while he considered sneaking it in he decided he could not do that so he just walked right in the door and past his wife toward the safe. His wife looked at the gun and asked, "kill any birds today". He simply replied "no", and put the gun in the safe.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Toddly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JMR40
Give it to a trusted friend. Have him bring it over and thank you for letting him borrow it for a while.

One of my favorites as told to me by an older gunshop owner. Years ago a preacher bought a used shotgun from him, and was worried about how his wife would react to the new gun. The next time the shop owner saw the preacher he asked how it went when he got home with the shotgun.

The preacher said that while he considered sneaking it in he decided he could not do that so he just walked right in the door and past his wife toward the safe. His wife looked at the gun and asked, "kill any birds today". He simply replied "no", and put the gun in the safe.
laugh he didntn even have to lie!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Car..,

My wife DID ask once why I had so many guns. I asked her if she'd ever seen a guy play golf with just one club. She got it.

O

Too old to suffer fools
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I must be weird. I actually tell her I'm interested in a gun, we work the budget, and I buy it. It cuts down on impulse buys, which isn't a bad thing in my experience. When she wants something, she does the same with me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I set up at gun shows I told prospective buyers, especially the young ones, that the absolute worst mistake they could make was to have a gun cabinet or gun rack. Even the dimmest wife can look at a cabinet/rack and count the empty places. By standing the guns in corners and constantly moving them to empty corners throughout the house they could run in several new guns in the mix if they took their time doing it. Worked like a charm. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
No problem. She buys cameras. I buy guns. We both use both. IMHO a wife that has issues with a husband buying what keeps him happy has a larger issue in life. Assuming its not cutting into normal living expenses.
So you use her camera as a gun? How's the penetration?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
What i buy with what i earn is none of her business as long as family is taken care of and we are in a sound financial place. She doesnt question what i spend money on and i dont question what she does with the monthly stipend i give her

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've got one torn apart in the garage I'm refinishing now and a couple more that showed up leaning in the bedroom corner. I don't know if she knows they're new or if she thinks they've been around a while. She knows quite a bit about guns and shoots and hunts. As long as she isn't asking questions, I'm not giving out information. She did have a new camera show up the other day that cost more than any of my guns, so that goes for a little mileage for me I think.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can honestly say I do not have that problem.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
D-I-V-O-R-C-E!!!!!!!!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Pat McManus's "Gunrunning" is a must read for you!

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've been married to the same woman for 12 years and can honestly say I do not have that problem. I buy and sell quite a few guns but I established from day one how I will not be questioned on my purchases. I don't run the bars, and provide both emotionally and financially for my family. I feel that I earned the money, it's mine to spend after my family is taken care of.

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinevery so often it ain't a bad idea to buy sumpthin' that makes yer Wifey all giggly and gushy either grin Bribery works!! wink

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I leave it in the garage until the timing is right,then quickly put it away in the safe.Never saw me bring it in,so no questions asked.Used to only have one safe,now I have two.It's got to be a male addiction.Had a woman tell me once,"My husband is always buying guns.He says he needs to buy a gun for deer and he needs to buy a gun for hogs,he needs to buy a pistol for snakes,he needs to buy a gun to shoot doves and one for quail,I just don't understand why he needs all those guns."I gotta say,it cracked me up!!!Must be a guy thing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by deflave
Just divorce her.

Travis

Or not get married in the first place so you don't get halved. grin

He went over yonder way
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by deflave
Just divorce her.

Travis

Or not get married in the first place so you don't get halved. grin

I didn't want illegitimate children. It's a sin.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I tried sneaking them past her, never worked. I decided to be upfront about the purchase always worked better. I did say that I traded another gun for it. I got away with trading the same gun three times in a row.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by 6mm250
My wife TELLS me to buy guns.
Guns come & guns go , my wife is a keeper

Mike

Same here

Ted
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,697
Posts18,494,224
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.