-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just finished the Templar series of books by Paul Christopher, kinda Indiana Jones stuff. They were entertaining. Then the Emperors Tomb by Steve Berry, it was just OK.

Gonna dig out my collection of W.E.B. Griffins "Brotherhood of War" series and read it through from "The Lieutenants" forward to the end, that series is like visiting old friends. Then I gotta dig out the Tony Hillerman books on the Navajo Police with Jim Chee and Lt. Leaphorn, probably the best books of the genre I am aware of.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fearless by Eric Blehm. Great story about a Navy Seal.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Im reading through C J Box's Joe Picket Books. Currently on Free Fire. I Recentley went through most of the Patrick McManus books, they were very enjoyable. Oh, and started My Side of the Mountain last night with my 6yr old daughter.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lincoln and Child. Agent Pendergrast books. Great series.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just finished George Washington by Joseph Ellis. Resuming/finishing Decision Points by GWB. Tall stack of various awaiting....

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Your post....Duh! laugh

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Catching up on the latest James Lee Burke novels while reading a terrific non-fiction, "Agent Zig-Zag."

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I finished 'Merle's Door', and 'Pukka - The Dog After Merle', both by Kerasote.

Right now I'm reading 'Gone Tomorrow', a Jack Reacher novel by Lee Child. After I finished the Kerasote books, my father got me into the Jack Reacher novels, and I've been reading them steady ever since. 'Gone Tomorrow' is the 13th one I've read. I read them voraciously, but am prolly gonna run out soon.

I also like reading the 'Longarm' adult western novels.

I read 'The Haunted Mesa' a long time ago.

Last edited by DELGUE; 08/16/12.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Just finished American Sniper.

Checked with a SEAL of my acquaintence to confirm with an unimpeachable source (instead of the Internet): Kyle did indeed punch Jesse Ventura in the face, in a bar fight.

Immensely interesting book. I can't analyze from a professional standpoint, but the lack of PC - hell, the open contempt of PC - is refreshing to say the least.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
50 shades of Grey and it is awesome. LOL. I am reading Killing Lincoln and the wife is keeping me up to date on the other. wink

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DELGUE
I finished 'Merle's Door', and 'Pukka - The Dog After Merle', both by Kerasote.

Right now I'm reading 'Gone Tomorrow', a Jack Reacher novel by Lee Child. After I finished the Kerasote books, my father got me into the Jack Reacher novels, and I've been reading them steady ever since. 'Gone Tomorrow' is the 13th one I've read. I read them voraciously, but am prolly gonna run out soon.

I also like reading the 'Longarm' adult western novels.

I read 'The Haunted Mesa' a long time ago.

I've listened to a couple Jack Reacher stories on Book Radio on Sirius. Pretty good stuff. I need to look into the books.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Why Capitalism? by Allan Meltzer. Last book was All The Devils Are Here, The hidden story of the financial crisis. by Bethany McLean and Joe Nocera

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Just finished American Sniper.

Checked with a SEAL of my acquaintence to confirm with an unimpeachable source (instead of the Internet): Kyle did indeed punch Jesse Ventura in the face, in a bar fight.

Immensely interesting book. I can't analyze from a professional standpoint, but the lack of PC - hell, the open contempt of PC - is refreshing to say the least.
read that book a few months back. really good read.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Right now it's Vince Flynn- Extreme Measures.

Before that it was Andrew Barclay- The Accident.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by DELGUE
... got me into the Jack Reacher novels, and I've been reading them steady ever since.

Can't remember which novel it was, but at the end Reacher writes a check to PETA and ponders for a while about what a worthwhile organization it is.

I don't read the Reacher novels anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been re reading some old si-fi but I just got "The Fatal Conceit" and "The Road to Serfdom" by Hayek. Now that I'm feeling somewhat better I might start in on those.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I too just finished up American Sniper a little bit ago. I also just finished up a Cj Box Joe Pickett book. I am thinking of starting Craig Johnson's Walt Longmire series after watching the TV series. I read the first one Cold Dish probably 4 years ago. Will probably reread it and start the series.

I am also thinking of rereading Nothing like it in the World, by Steve Ambrose. I am watching Hell on Wheels and can't remember enough details about the book.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
When Thunder Rolled by Ed Rasimus. Great Vietnam flying stories by a Thud driver. I've read his second one about F-4s later in the war and this one has been on my list for a while.

If anyone is interested in other reads: http://www.goodreads.com/vairboy

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
"The Selous Scouts, Top secret war"

A book on the formation, history, experiences, operations and eventual disbandment of the regiment.

Formed in the 1970's in Rhodesia to combat ZANLA and ZIPRA forces within and without the former country during the bush war.

Also have read "Winds of Destruction" which is primarily about the same conflict, but from a Royal Rhodesian Airforce perspective.

Both good books for those interested in recent military history.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just finished The Red Circle by Brandon Webb. Great book by a former SEAL.

"I love it. God help me I do love it so. I love it more than my life." -Patton
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 9,922 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,355
Posts18,546,758
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.