Print Thread
Hop To
B
brayh92 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
lookin for opinions on a rossi amedeo .44 mag i have a chance to buy one for 250 has a little damage on the end of the mag tube but i thought about just having the barrel and mag shortin a inch so you would never notice it just lookin for your thoughts on it has a 16 inch barrel

You dont hurt them if you dont hit them
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
If it's got a 16" bbl, I wouldn't go shortening it an inch or so without having all your legal ducks in a row.

B
brayh92 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
i meant just the mag idk why i said barrel too

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by rossileverboy92
lookin for opinions on a rossi amedeo .44 mag i have a chance to buy one for 250 has a little damage on the end of the mag tube but i thought about just having the barrel and mag shortin a inch so you would never notice it just lookin for your thoughts on it has a 16 inch barrel

Talk him down to $200.
They are good rifles.
I own Rossi Pumas in .357, .44, .454 Casull.
They can be NIB rough cycling but they smooth out really quick after a good cleaning and oiling.
If it has a 16" barrel don't shorten it (BATFE won't like it frown ) unless you consider 10 years in a federal detention center a holiday. If life is that bad at home getting a divorce is a better alternative. grin

Proud Life Member of the NRA & GOA
B
brayh92 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by pricedo

Talk him down to $200.
They are good rifles.
They can be NIB rough cycling but they smooth out really quick after a good cleaning and oiling.
If it has a 16" barrel don't shorten it (BATFE won't like it frown ) unless you consider 10 years in a federal detention center a holiday. If life is that bad at home getting a divorce is a better alternative. grin

He was at 325 when I started talkin to him but that wasn't gonna happen not with some damage on the gun I'm goin to pick it up today got him to 225 I'm good on the whole federal prison thing but might end up gettin a divorce when my wife sees me walk thru the door with another gun lol I kno the mag tubes can be replaced does anyone know where I could find one?

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by pricedo

Talk him down to $200.
They are good rifles.

He was at 325 when I started talkin to him but that wasn't gonna happen not with some damage on the gun I'm goin to pick it up today got him to 225 I'm good on the whole federal prison thing but might end up gettin a divorce when my wife sees me walk thru the door with another gun lol I kno the mag tubes can be replaced does anyone know where I could find one?

A decent 'smith or a competent tinkerer with a lathe can shorten the tube for $50 or less.
It might look a bit odd but shorten the magazine if you need to but NOT the barrel if it's already at 16".
I have Guide Guns and a Winchester Model 71 leverguns with magazine tubes shorter than their barrels and they look OK.

B
brayh92 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Prolly just gonna take it to a local gunsmith and see what he can do for me it wouldn't bother me but it looks like someone tried to saw it off themselves with a dremel and it just looks bad

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
order a new tube....easy fix

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Buckeye
order a new tube....easy fix

Best answer yet..........if the new part will fit the old gun.

It should....other than adding the stupid bolt safety there haven't been many changes from the old Amadeo Rossi guns.

You need a serial number from a post Braztech takeover Rossi of the same or similar model to get parts.

Braztech won't support the pre takeover Rossis in any way shape or form.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why not just order a new barrel while at it. At the prices you're quoting, I'd think full replacement of both barrel and mag would not cost a great deal more.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1234, 42 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,107
Posts18,502,189
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.