Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Leases will be the death of hunting in America. A cancer is a very accurate description. Soon it'll be all $$$$, and cornfeeders, game cams, breeding programs. Eventually they'll stop cutting the tags off their ears before the trophy pics.

Not necessarily said in regards to the Lakosky's, I don't know a thing about them beyond what I've read on the net. Just a commentary on the sad future of our hunting heritage.
And the irony is that the ones leasing up all the land with the express purpose of excluding/locking out other hunters are the same ones who'll lament shrinking hunter numbers and lack of participation by todays youth in the very next breath. Dumbazzes.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steelringer
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
...but I do have a problem with giant commercial leases coming in and displacing local hunters. It's an ever growing cancer in the sport.

I don't, and I do not see it that way at all.
Landowners have the right to do as they see fit. They paid the freight to own it and they pay the taxes.

I just don't want to see every state end up like Texas. Southern Iowa is pretty much all locked up by outfitters these days, and I consider that a shame. Like I said, imo it's the commercial leases that do the most damage.

True story. I hunt turkeys in SE Minnesota on land that is right next to a fairly large deer leasing operation. A couple of hired goons from the lease drove their pick-up right into my hunt one morning, telling me I had to 'get the [bleep] outta there'. I had to go back to my truck and get the platt book to 'PROVE' to them I was legally hunting on land not part of the lease. Of course I was legal, I've been hunting there for 20 years. But the goons didn't even know the boundary of the lease property or we're trying to bully me off land that I had a legal right to be on.

That kind of schit sticks in my craw. Ruined my hunt and soured me forever.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
HI yall
I have no dog in this fight and could care less, but I will give my take for chits and kicks.
What irks me about the whole thing, and maybe Drum missed it, is they stole/took a treestand, on someone elses land that was not theirs. Now it could be a lie, or it could be true. If it is true, the ranch hand had no right taking property off someone elses property that isn't theirs. I think 99% of us would kick someones a$$ if we caught someone taking our tree stand. However if its a lie, then the poster is just bitter.
There will always be two sides to every story and I believe in the free market system. They had the money, dream, drive and dedication to do what they have done, and we should be happy for them. They made what a lot of us would like happen to us. However if a treestand is not on their dream/property, then they should leave it alone and be a model to the rest of us. If they have an issue with people hunting next to their land, then maybe they should put up a high fence if they havent already. If anyone is bitter towards them for their accomplishments, then they must be democraps smile
As far as Lee goes, ahole or not, he has a hot wife. If he is not friendly to others he comes across, then he is a fool cuz he is losing viewers. I came across Spook Span at the Airport here in Tucson once and shared a flight to Sonora. The guy was friendly and we talked big bucks and ranches for a while and in Hermosillo wished each other luck and went our own way. He was friendly. He gained a viewer. If he had been an ahole, he woulda lost a viewer and then some because we know good things go unspoken for and bad things always get spoken. TV personalities need to be friendly regardless. Look how many times we read of celebs when they do bad things compared to how many times they do good things. Never met Lee, hope I do someday just to see how he really is and hopefully meet Tiffany to see how she rally is. But friendly is good PR, rude is bad PR. Hope it was an isolated case of rude.

I like the show and I think they do a good job. I have a thing for blondes, but I much prefere Melissa Bachmann to Tiffany. Just me.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
24-Hr Campfire is a sure a weird place.

On most websites, if you started a thread with a girlie picture, it would degenerate into a thread of ever-barer girlie pictures.

Here? It STARTS with a girlie picture and turns into a hunting lease/TV personality thread. Weird, just weird...

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
24-Hr Campfire is a sure a weird place.

On most websites, if you started a thread with a girlie picture, it would degenerate into a thread of ever-barer girlie pictures.

Here? It STARTS with a girlie picture and turns into a hunting lease/TV personality thread. Weird, just weird...

lolol

We could just rename the place 'Tangent City'.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
We had a thread for girly pics and it stopped for what ever reason.
Oh well that's how it comes and gos here on the fire

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
How weird an outdoor forum would "degenerate" into a discussion involving aspects of the hunting industry.

MAGA
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 12344mag
She's never been much of a looker.

Here are 4 photos of this gal over time, I almost (I said almost) think she looks better now than she did in '98

[Linked Image]

who is this?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SO them crossing on to others ground and steeling others property is not a problem ??
Just to answer your question... I am 58 years old, 5' 10" tall and weigh 185 pounds and have had the same truck for the last 1/4 million miles and it is NOT a ford. I I don't tresspass and steel from anyone. If you don't care that the next generation does not have a place to go learn how to hunt then you are the problem... not the answer. I do not know all of their neighbors but you are the first person that I have heard of that borders their ground that has not had problems with them. I still have some ground to hunt, but have friends that live in town that are having alot of trouble finding places to hunt and to teach their kids. All of these big time rock and roll TV star hunting shows are all about money and "THEM". They do not care about you, your kids or the future of hunting in America.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
So you're pissed that they bought ground that you used to hunt on? Typical.

To be fair, he said 'locked up'.

I have no dog in this and think she's a very pretty woman but I do have a problem with giant commercial leases coming in and displacing local hunters. It's an ever growing cancer in the sport.

I'm not sure if the the Lakosky's even lease any ground, but I suspect they do.

I think I read that ackley stated they (lakowski) came onto his (ackley's) property and took one of his deer stands down and posted up a bitchin butt-hurt sign beside another stand near a fenceline.

maybe that got lost in the 1000word commercial of
how freakinly awesomely skilled hunters they are.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Private property is in a constant state of change.
Places I could hunt 10 years ago, I can't now.
10 years from now I may not to be able to hunt where I do now.
I've seen it over and over and accept it now.
Just the way it is.
Just enjoy the hell out of it while you can.

My sentiments and experience exactly.

I fear for my hunting future when it comes to several places on private land that really I treasure to hunt and have done so since I was a kid. Like you Sal, I plan on enjoying it while I can because like most things it's likely to change at some point.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
who is this?

One Dang ugly gal!!

AKA: Jocelyn Wildenstein

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Enrique

What irks me about the whole thing, and maybe Drum missed it, is they stole/took a treestand, on someone elses land that was not theirs. Now it could be a lie, or it could be true. If it is true, the ranch hand had no right taking property off someone elses property that isn't theirs. I think 99% of us would kick someones a$$ if we caught someone taking our tree stand. However if its a lie, then the poster is just bitter.

I did not miss that and I almost called the guy on it. I'll address this here. First of all, if you met anybody associated with that show you would know that this did not happen. They are great people and I would bet the farm that they did not steal anything from anybody. Theft of property is serious business and is something not to be taken lightly. Let me ask you guys this; if you had a hunting show and were supplied as many treestands as you needed to use on that show as an agreement with advertisers would you ever steal another mans treestand? Yeah, me neither. NOBODY would risk what they have built to "steal" a cheap ass treestand. They wouldnt steal it if they didnt have a show, they are not those kind of people. That guy that accused them of that on a public message board is full of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
who is this?

One Dang ugly gal!!

AKA: Jocelyn Wildenstein
Debbie Wasserman Schultz ???

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by Enrique

I did not miss that and I almost called the guy on it. I'll address this here. First of all, if you met anybody associated with that show you would know that this did not happen. They are great people and I would bet the farm that they did not steal anything from anybody. Theft of property is serious business and is something not to be taken lightly. Let me ask you guys this; if you had a hunting show and were supplied as many treestands as you needed to use on that show as an agreement with advertisers would you ever steal another mans treestand? Yeah, me neither. NOBODY would risk what they have built to "steal" a cheap ass treestand. They wouldnt steal it if they didnt have a show, they are not those kind of people. That guy that accused them of that on a public message board is full of it.

Yeah - I CAN see someone taking the stand. Not because they wanted the stand but because they didn't like where it was. You REALLY don't believe that people in the Lakosky's position might not attract hangers on who AREN'T as ethical or good as them? Really?

IIRC Winkleman got busted moving drugs, Nugent's been busted poaching, Foiles was busted poaching - the rolls are THICK with supposed "good people" on TV who did unsavory things. Including people in their "group".

I don't care one way or another about the principles listed here but I do know there are a ton of hunting shows on TV now and in the past that have killed truly impressive animals.

The Lakoskys offer nothing different over them other than Tiffany's physical appearance. To think that they'd be just as popular without that ignores millions of years of human evolution and the reality of the outdoor dollar.

Me

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
"In particular, most of their whitetail hunts are recorded close to home, where their land is managed to attract and keep big deer with big racks. All together, about 400 of their 3,000 acres is planted in dozens of food plots. There are feeders, too." http://www.thehawkeye.com/print/Lakosky-033008

"�Bait� means grain, fruit, vegetables, nuts,
hay, salt, mineral blocks, or any other natural food
materials, commercial products containing natural
food materials, or by-products of such materials
transported to or placed in an area for the purpose of
attracting wildlife. Bait does not include food placed
during normal agricultural activities."
http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/huntingregs.pdf

I get pretty tired of the double standards that abound in this state when "dreamers" get their property and are allowed to tip toe besides the game laws.

I saw Dale Earnhardt and Bill Jordan gun hunting on Realtree Outdoors years ago, sans orange. WTF?

If they bought all of the deer and shoot their own confined livestock, my apologies, but I'll bet they own these deer in the same way I own a chickadee at the bird feeder.

My experience has been that people who bait and fence to keep deer on their property think they own the animal....money separates wheat from chaff.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by teal

Yeah - I CAN see someone taking the stand. Not because they wanted the stand but because they didn't like where it was. You REALLY don't believe that people in the Lakosky's position might not attract hangers on who AREN'T as ethical or good as them? Really?

IIRC Winkleman got busted moving drugs, Nugent's been busted poaching, Foiles was busted poaching - the rolls are THICK with supposed "good people" on TV who did unsavory things. Including people in their "group".

I don't care one way or another about the principles listed here but I do know there are a ton of hunting shows on TV now and in the past that have killed truly impressive animals.

The Lakoskys offer nothing different over them other than Tiffany's physical appearance. To think that they'd be just as popular without that ignores millions of years of human evolution and the reality of the outdoor dollar.

I would hope that most people would not base an opinion on a person or group of people based on an accusation from a nameless, faceless person on an internet message board that is OBVIOUSLY bitter towards them in the first place.

Funny thing is, I don even watch these hunting shows. I watched the one they filmed here in CO but cannot remember the last time I watched a show on the outdoor channel. I consider them friends because they are genuinely good people, thats it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't have an opinion of them. Good or bad. Met Lee once at a show. Answered some questions my brother had.

That's it.

BUT I'm also not so naive to think that just because someone's a friend - they can't be an assh0le to someone else.

Even the most vile people in the world had friends who considered them "good people". Don't think their vile but just saying - everyone has friends and everyone has enemies and usually they deserve both.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HawkI
"In particular, most of their whitetail hunts are recorded close to home, where their land is managed to attract and keep big deer with big racks. All together, about 400 of their 3,000 acres is planted in dozens of food plots. There are feeders, too." http://www.thehawkeye.com/print/Lakosky-033008

"�Bait� means grain, fruit, vegetables, nuts,
hay, salt, mineral blocks, or any other natural food
materials, commercial products containing natural
food materials, or by-products of such materials
transported to or placed in an area for the purpose of
attracting wildlife. Bait does not include food placed
during normal agricultural activities."
http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/huntingregs.pdf

I get pretty tired of the double standards that abound in this state when "dreamers" get their property and are allowed to tip toe besides the game laws.

So should we just outlaw farmers growing corn? confused Outlaw anybody that sits on a cut corn field? confused They dont own the only corn fields in Iowa so why would you single them out? Lots of people hunt agriculture so to hear you bitch about "double standards" and singling them out is a bit ironic dont you think?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
IIRC Winkleman got busted moving drugs,..

Nah, he got busted for using two-way radios to assist in his hunt.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (1Longbow, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 62 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,791
Posts18,477,321
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.