Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
E
Eric308 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Missouri Senate Candidate Todd Akin had this to say about rape:

�It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that�s really rare,� Akin told KTVI-TV. �If it�s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

Really. The problem of course, is that its not just this guy's looney tunes ideas regarding the female reproductive system, but the entirety of the far Right's worldview, one that leads to things like the Creation Museum and trickle down economics.

Scares the hell out of me that this rube might actually win.....

Last edited by Eric308; 08/20/12.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Thank God only words

He wasn't raping boys like this Deomocrat

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/...ith_craigslist_boy_17_was_consensual.php

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
It's a [bleep] shame the politicians we have to vote for because there is no one else in the republican party. It makes me wonder how bad the rest of congress is.

Dink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He should have used the word "forcible".
It's almost as bad as Republicans taking a swim in Israel.

Last edited by night_owl; 08/20/12.

abusus non tollit usum
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Is the word "legitimate" the issue? If it is, some of the critics need to remember a few (or a whole bunch of) women who have cried "rape" in the last few years who were later shown not to have been raped. I am sure some boys from Duke would be happy to remind you.

If the medical statement is the issue, the fellow was misinformed and just plain wrong.

He was a moron for even talking about rape.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinking he meant 'forcible rape' as opposed to Sally got knocked up in the back of Johnny's car and now regrets it so she's yelling rape.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I'm thinking he meant 'forcible rape' as opposed to Sally got knocked up in the back of Johnny's car and now regrets it so she's yelling rape.

When would a legitimate rape not be forcible?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What's a "legitimate rape"?

abusus non tollit usum
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
So, he gleaned his expertise on the subject from MDs...

Or Bobby Knight ?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm still wondering what he said wrong. "from my understanding", and it is a reality that fear changes the physiology and it makes it more difficult to conceive. He11, anticipation even makes it tougher. A good friend lots of years ago, finally agreed to try for kids, and he said she was so excited, it took a few months.
He should have explained the "legitimate" thing better, the analogy of the Duke "rape" case is spot on. I wouldn't doubt a significant number of them are fake. Now, the real ones should be treated like a capital crime, with at least amputation, if not death. Most rape is not about sex, but power. Take the power away, but also don't allow the female to destroy multiple lives with her lies. It goes both ways.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is out of context. What he said was that PREGNANCY RESULTING FROM RAPE is rare because the female reproductive system will shut down. In that he might well be right.
The context is about abortion and whether a woman impregnated by rape should be able to have an abortion.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Is the medical information accurate? I seem to remember having read that before.

I'll tell you what scares the [bleep] out of me. It's the growing apathy, if not outright acceptance of the murder of babies. It's been relabeled as "reproductive rights," women's rights," "right to choose," ad nauseum.
There are none more innocent and needing of protection than the youngest among us.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think it was a profoundly stupid remark made by Aiken. The Democrats are runing full throttle with itl

Conversely, the Democrats, hypocrites to the core, say that a woman has a right to abort a fetus when she's been raped -- and I agree -- but they say a woman who is attacked by a vicious, brutal rapist does not have the right to defend herself against that rapist, using a firearm. As the Democrats would say, "Nope, you can't have a gun for self defense, so if rape is inevitable, just relax and enjoy it."

Of course, the words "hypocricy" and "liberal" are synonymous.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's nothing stupid about it. Here's the full context of his statement and I agree with him. Castrate the rapist with a butter knife but don't murder the innocent child. Killing a baby makes the doctor as bad as the rapist.

�First of all, from what I understand from doctors, (pregnancy from rape) is really rare. If it�s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let�s assume that maybe that didn�t work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.�
� U.S. Rep. Todd Akin of Missouri, GOP nominee for U.S. Senate

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Akin needs to pull the plug on his campaign immediately so that the GOP still has a fighting chance to boot Claire in November. Whether his comments were factually right or wrong, his campaign is toast in the eyes of Missouri voters and that is all that matters.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
He'll still kick McAsshole's butt in MO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Akin was asked his opinion on murdering babies in the womb. Instead of simply saying murdering an unborn child under any circumstance is wrong, he tried to play footsie with the likes of Sean Hannity and other so-called "conservaties," who support murdering babies in the womb under certain circumstances. Akin is a strong pro-Constitution, fiscally responsible Senate candidate who apologized for upsetting so many liberals and neo-cons with his remarks, and he should stay in the race and allow the people of Missouri to be his judge and jury on his unfortunate use of a single word.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Akin is a strong pro-Constitution, fiscally responsible Senate candidate who apologized for upsetting so many liberals and neo-cons with his remarks, and he should stay in the race and allow the people of Missouri to be his judge and jury on his unfortunate use of a single word.

This was a tight race to begin with and now, Akin has torpedoed his own campaign to the point that it likely cannot recover. I see no point in riding this ship to the bottom of the ocean if the GOP can nominate another candidate with a higher probability of defeating McCaskill in November.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fubarski
He'll still kick McAsshole's butt in MO.

No he won't. Akin lost the support of the GOP and a lot of voters in Missouri overnight. The fact that his opponent is a woman makes his comments even worse. There are plenty of solid GOP candidates who stand a much greater chance of defeating Claire in November. I see no reason to risk winning this Senate seat by sticking with Akin.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well, he WAS McCaskill's choice of an opponent to run against.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (19rabbit52, 163bc, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,426
Posts18,528,391
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.