Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Never once mentioned my friend that guided them, showed his face for half a second and that was it. Never mentioned the ranch either on the video, nor credits....

Buncha cheeseheads acted like they did it all by themselves with no help. Typical....

Ugh..

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Which show?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Several years ago I tied watching hunting shows when we first got a satellite dish. Even set timers to record them so I could watch the ones I missed. A few shows were more than enough and I haven't watched one since.

What you describe would be called 'plagiarism' in the academic world.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Somehow, this doesn't bother me.

If someone is going to pay all that money to hunt. They can show what they want. I'm not watching anyway.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Something with insanity in their name...

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hunting on TV is more boring than golf on TV.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by siskiyous6

I agreeing with you more and more on that point.

Last edited by Godogs57; 08/18/12.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Might have gotten some credit if they had been given a price break or maybe even paid to show up.

Last edited by 1minute; 08/20/12.

1Minute
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by siskiyous6

Distinguished gentlemen, I beg to differ. Depending on the show, I sometimes find some entertainment value.

When drawn, we normally hunt Montana in the last week of November, camped at 8300' (outfitter drop camp, self-guided for elk). Being from Hawaii, even the nicest weather is an ordeal for us. At least we have a good, productive honey-hole!

Each time they show elk hunting on TV, I tell the wife, family and friends that it's most surely NOT like that where we go. Not flat...no driving up to the kill, no lodge, etc., but lots of back-breaking work! The differences provide much humor.

Also, they sure have some fine looking women on some of those shows! There too, a considerable difference...but in that case it's not as funny for some reason. Blame it on "sour grapes." Makes for good TV viewing though! smile

NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Hunter Education Master Instructor
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Entertainment they are. They always give me a good laugh.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Godogs57

Buncha cheeseheads acted like they did it all by themselves with no help. Typical....

Whoa, whoa. There are no cheeseheads on that show.
Themz all suthun boyz. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 1minute
Might have gotten some credit if they had been given a price break or maybe even paid to show up.

IIRC they got the typical hunt show price there....hence, my rant.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If you want to be mentioned, you have to put it in the contract...with a penalty clause.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Learn something new every day. I would not need a contract to tell me to mention the ranch if they had been generous enough to give me that hunt though.....that's just good manners.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good manners and TV shows don't go in the same thread.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
MOst every show out there is fake. Pieced together clips here and there to show what they want, and not what it actually is.

I"ve been involved with a group a few times filming, and they are still a fairly large name in hunting.

That totally turned me off and I won't watch an outdoors show unless its the ONLY thing on. Thats assuming they don't have PBS films showing grass growing. If I can't at least find that then ok...

I'll flip there now and then to aggravate the wife, as soon as I do I spot something out of the real world and fake.. and start bitchin, and she flips channels for me.

What a flippin waste. No more Fred Bear on TV like it used to be. The stuff these days is a "entertainment" and nothing more, though its much more "irritant" for me, than the other.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Some are definitely better than others.

But most of them sure beat the heck out of most of the other crap on TV.

Last edited by claybreaker; 08/24/12.

"...buzzards gota eat same as worms" Josey Wales
NRA lifer
Hunting is Conservation
RMEF Member
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I dont associate the term "hunting" with whats on most of these silly 30 min commercials. I would much rather watch re-runs of about anything than get frustrated watching bozo and his cheesy chick "hunt".
Typical "Hunting" TV
1. bozo & wife show up on property late afternoon (occasional episodes show them at the airport en route to wilderness destination)
2. comercials
3. get out of the Suburban, shake landowners hand, landowner hugs Cheese Chick. Cut to footage of deer on property.
4. commercials
5. footage of getting out of bunk-bed, drinking coffee & breakfast. Do some high fives as depart from bunkhouse.
6. commercials
7. show frosty breath as you get into Suburban heading for the big hunt.
8. comercials
9. Whisper about the doe that walked by, show footage of "shooter"
10. comercial
11. spot "shooter" across field, more whispering.
12. comercial
13. shooter walks towards cornpile (not shown) more whispering.
14. comercial
15. Put "SMACKDOWN" on shooter, more whispering
16. comercial
17. somehow the camera has been positioned on ground near "Ol Sad Daddy" while Cheese Chick tracks "Ol Sad Daddy's" blood trail. Cheese Chick whispering and sneaking up on "Ol SD", poke "OSD" in eye ball. Cheese hugs everyone...except cmaera guy. Normal talking volume is now allowed.
18. Commercial
20. Scenes from next weeks adventure.

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Zeke by God you nailed it....pretty much the truth. Your point #17 is dead on and I have been pointing that out for years. The worst offender was Jackie Bushman of Buckmasters early on in his film career. The camera would show them tracking down a buck that had already been gutted!!! Yep! Of course, the camera angle would never show the belly side, only the back side when they walked up on the buck, and you'd see the belly area "caved in".

Don't forget right before the shot, you have to que the "killin' music" too! I never ever figured out how they get that band up and down those hills and they never scare the deer or elk away banging away on the drums, keyboard, etc.

FWIW my friend that guides on this ranch doesn't get too involved with the TV crews arrive...he lets the other folks get the screen time.

Last edited by Godogs57; 08/25/12.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Don't forget the heart attack they have when they finally shoot something. I thought one guy was going to die on the spot.

That would have been a good show. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,890
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.