-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
An AMT Hardballer that I bought on the basis of a favorable article that Skeeter Skelton wrote. It would average three or four jams per magazine. AMT was NO help. If the bullet came out the end that was facing away from you on the first shot, they were happy. My pistol smith finally said that he would only work on it if I had the frame hard chromed. That cleared up the jamming and it shot great. I decided to sell it as soon as it fired two consecutive magazines without jamming.

Harry
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Jenning's J-22 Worst jamming short gun ever !

Hang on tight !
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ruger new model .44 mag auto. It would not fire three rounds in a row with the factory recommended loads. Sent it back, they sent me a new one and it was the same POS.
Multiple mags, multiple factory loads, nothing worked. Oh, and it shot patterns.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SEdge
Originally Posted by gunner500
AMT longslide 45 ACP, it was the late eighties, I had no patience, it was a jamming POS, tried new mags, and all available factory ammo.
Put it in the shop vise and cut it to smoldering red chunks with the OX/ACET torch.
I guarantee that pistol never caused another human grief.mad

Gunner

I still have an AMT hardballer that would not function with hard ball, I spent enough on it to get to function I could have bought a les Baer. The only reason I still have it is my conscience won't let me spoil some one else's day.

I'd take it.... I love longslide .45s...

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
A Noble .410 pump that I got cheap back when I was but a lad.

It wasn't nearly cheap enough, probably the one biggest POS I ever owned. Needless to say, it was out the door pronto, sent on a one way road trip. Even as a youngster, I knew how to solve a problem.

DF

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Last year I bought one of the stainless/synthetic New Haven Model 70's in .223 WSSM at a local store, mostly because the price was really low. I even looked down the barrel with my bore-scope before buying; the throat had a little erosion but not much. Nothing I did with that rifle could get it to shoot better than 3" groups--not rebedding, tuning, or handloads.

Finally I sent it to Charlie Sisk to see if he could figure it out. He said the barrel threads were so undersized the barrel was wiggling with each shot. He said he could probably stabilize it with some set-screws, but also said he had a stainless Lilja #3 barrel with a 1-9 twist that would fit right into the barrel channel. I took him up on the Lilja.

Tried the same handloads I'd tried in the factory barrel, and five went into .4". The rifle didn't suck anymore.

Damn what a PITA....thank god for people like Charlie.

I have had a couple each of 243's and 308's that I could not trip fast enough. The guns were good but I hate the cartridges. cry

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
AMT longslide 45 ACP, it was the late eighties, I had no patience, it was a jamming POS, tried new mags, and all available factory ammo.
Put it in the shop vise and cut it to smoldering red chunks with the OX/ACET torch.

Gunner

I still have an AMT hardballer that would not function with hard ball, I spent enough on it to get to function I could have bought a les Baer. The only reason I still have it is my conscience won't let me spoil some one else's day.

You better get it quick, before Gunner gets his hands on it, takes it out to his farm shop and torches it into small, red hot chunks of stainless steel... shocked

Now, that boy don't take prisoners... blush

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Gunner

You better get it quick, before Gunner gets his hands on it, takes it out to his farm shop and torches it into small, red hot chunks of stainless steel... shocked

DF

i couldnt afford it anyways... but its a ice dream...

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

DF

i couldnt afford it anyways... but its a ice dream...

And on a warm day, a wet dream. smile

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have had three real turds.

1. Ruger #1a in 243. Worst shooting gun I have ever owned. It was pre-handloading days for me but I tried every factory round I could find and they all shot patterns. Hated that bastard.

2. Mossberg 500, 20 guage. Jams every time you try and jack a shell in. It works as a single shot, but you still cannot hit anything with it.

3. Keltec P3at. Piece of crap jammed every third shot or so. Keltec argued with me and told me to run 100 rounds through it, to "break it in." I did so and it still jammed. Sent it back and they rebuilt it, i then sold it for a loss.

IC B3

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Savage 840 in 30-30, bought it used and did plenty to it to get it to extract/eject reliably, but I just couldn't trust it. It grouped Leverevolution inside 1", but that action and magaziine set-up was cheap crap. Got the right offer on a trade and it was gone.
My brother had a Winchester 1400/Ranger auto, actually had 2 of them/1 for parts, shot quite a few deer with it,slugs were the only thing it would cycle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Any black rifle....

Shoo

[Linked Image]

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Gunner

Same here SEdge, I wont knowingly sell a POS, I'll destroy or give it to a Smith for parts. wink

Gunner

A torch? smile

Mine jammed so bad, once, I had to beat it apart with a hammer smile though I confess I did sell it.

Nowadays if I stumbled across one cheap enough, I might buy it just as a challenge, to see if I could get it running. smile

My other nomination would be a Kel-tec Sub2000. Decent concept, but should have finished the design. To use a scope you have to spend an extra $100 - and cut off the iron sights frown

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
SIG Mosquito.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by horse1
Mini 14's suck balls too. They cycle well enough but their factory trigger is crap and out of the 15 dad had over the years the best one shot 1.5" @ 100yds, the rest were much much worse.

This one doesn't suck...

DF

[Linked Image]

100 yd. target

[Linked Image]

And at only 2x-3x the cost of a base-model from S&W or DPMS that'll shoot just as good without the 9-15mo wait @ the gunsmith's shop.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have never liked Mossberg shotguns,had one years ago,I have no idea how there new rifles are,but I suspect they are probably junk

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Swampman700
Any black rifle....

Aw, bullshit.

Here's my latest fun-gun. What do you bet it will shoot waaay under MOA. Way under.

By the way, Noveske ain't a Polish rifle gringringrin

Blessings,

Steve

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a180/dogzapper/ARSideView007.jpg[/img]

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang Steve, that is a cool rifle!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Tanner
Dang Steve, that is a cool rifle!

Thanks, my friend.

Believe it or not, the barrel sports polygonal rifling (no lands-and-grooves, simply smooth hills and valleys) that clean up in a flash because there are absolutely no corners, 1-8" twist and 3-"groove."

Wilson trigger, by the way, which is unreal-crisp.

Next step is a LaRue LT-104 mount and a 3.5-10X40 Leupold.

I have visions of close to half-inch. And if it doesn't, I'll throw a Krieger on.

She may be BLACK, but she is BEAUTIFUL

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guns that suck!!!

Did I hear someone say Ruger?....Savage?...Weatherby?....

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 1minute, 257 roberts, 59 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,191
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.