Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad
Kute, I'm thinking of the Hubba Hubba HP for my wife and I.

I'm really not a fan of all-mesh tents for more than summer and the HP models seem a nice compromise.

That's a good looking rig and I couldn't resist. Thanks for the tip and the google work.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brad
The MSR looks like a good choice for light weight.
Did you ever explore the Notch? Could you share the GB& U about that tent?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
bump for Brad.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Brother Dave
Originally Posted by Brad
Kute, I'm thinking of the Hubba Hubba HP for my wife and I.

I'm really not a fan of all-mesh tents for more than summer and the HP models seem a nice compromise.

That's a good looking rig and I couldn't resist. Thanks for the tip and the google work.

Dave, you're welcome. Did you get the Hubba or Hubba Hubba?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by budman5
Brad
The MSR looks like a good choice for light weight.
Did you ever explore the Notch? Could you share the GB& U about that tent?

The Notch won't fit the size Large Neoair that I use (the Hubba does). That and it has a fair bit of mesh. I wanted something I could use in driving snow, and wind above timberline if need be.

I used the Hubba HP this past week on a 3-day/2-night trip. I'm not a big guy (5'10" / 155lbs) and was completely comfortable in the Hubba. It's actually quite long and has very ample headroom. Elbows can hit the interior walls when dressing, but they're well enough away from the exterior fly that it's not an issue.

I experienced very minor condensation (nothing like the TarpTent Rainbow I had), but it was never anything other than minor "dampness" on the inner tent.

Having used the Black Diamond Firstlight (excellent little tent) for the last 7 years, I was happy to have a vestibule and side-entry again.

Next year I'll likely get the Fibraplex poles and drop my total weight to 2lbs 9oz's.

I find the simplicity and straightforward design of the Hubba HP appealing. A LOT of thought and design work went into the tent, right down to the excellent colors.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got the Hubba. After ordering, I found a review or two online that were critical of it's performance in any wind. One of them also reviewed the Hilleberg Akto, which I currently use, and raved about it. Caused a bit of second-guessing on my part but oh well.

I also have a Marmot Limelight 2P and a 3P on the way so I guess I'll be playing with tents a bit soon.

I just came off a 7-day trip and got a bit weary of all the guylines required to keep my Akto in top shape, as we were demobing and re-pitching camp every night. It will be nice to go free-standing for a bit, if only as a change.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave, I'll be interested to hear your report on the Hubba HP... I agree on too many guylines, they get a bit wearisome.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They emailed that my credit card was declined. I noticed that during the order process, so used a different card and thought it went through.

Think I'll leave it to fate, as to whether I have a Hubba HP in the mail or not...

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
How about Black Diamond Contact crampons and Black Diamond Whippe.

White Carbon plus 60-70# RKT 31.5" draw
40-50# digital scale SpiralX 31" draw
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 824 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,509
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.