-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was eating up his money and they were never going to stop. His real guilt or not would not have mattered.

I am never sruprised that someone in sports is invovled with performance enhancing drugs. So much money is going to create that situation.

I prefer to rememeber the positive, like the inspiration he brought for beating cancer and his key effort in getting Livestrong going. Let others worry about the rest.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The DOJ assigned more than twice as many investigators to the Roger Clemens case as they did the mortgage crimes 2008-2011.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
[bleep] em all! I watched the races, watched him win, read of the unfounded, unsubstantiated, unproven claims of doping and read of his massive humanitarian cancer efforts.

Lance Armstrong is an an American athletic hero, period,, full stop end of story.

I wish you the only the best life has to offer and as previously stated [bleep] all the naysayers. You are not = to a single drop of the man's overly sampled piss and NOT one of the azzhats have likely done anything for mankind outside of sitting ('prolly on a lardazz throne of their own making) trying to issue an indictment without proof of any scientific sort.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by achildofthesky
[bleep] em all! I watched the races, watched him win, read of the unfounded, unsubstantiated, unproven claims of doping and read of his massive humanitarian cancer efforts.

Lance Armstrong is an an American athletic hero, period,, full stop end of story.

I wish you the only the best life has to offer and as previously stated [bleep] all the naysayers. You are not = to a single drop of the man's overly sampled piss and NOT one of the azzhats have likely done anything for mankind outside of sitting ('prolly on a lardazz throne of their own making) trying to issue an indictment without proof of any scientific sort. ...

A World hero of cycling and of human courage. The USADA campaign of harassment should never have been allowed to rage as it did.

These accusations have not dented my admiration for Lance Armstrong, who remains the greatest cyclist ever.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I see nothing more than a tar and feathering by a BS quasi government agency.Lance Armstrong has more than proven himself to me,both as an athlete and as a human being.I wish him well. Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by achildofthesky

I wish you the only the best life has to offer and as previously stated [bleep] all the naysayers. You are not = to a single drop of the man's overly sampled piss and NOT one of the azzhats have likely done anything for mankind outside of sitting ('prolly on a lardazz throne of their own making) trying to issue an indictment without proof of any scientific sort.

AMEN - Who is John Galt?

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Posts on here supportin the drug abuser are makin me think about openin a plexiglass navel store.

If the dumba$$ had the good grace to bow out and let life move on, without tryin to take over the triathlon market, and embarrass the sport with some old (relatively) and obviously juiced guy puttin the younguns to shame, this woulda never happened. They tried to warn him off, but he wouldn't listen. So they put their foot down. Remember, he gave up BEFORE any hearings, wonder why, when he stands to lose millions.

The second biggest problem with these losers that use PEDs is that they begin thinkin they're actually that good. Course, they're not, and never were.

Biggest problem is the dreams of those that wouldn't cheat, destroyed by those who would.

You supporters, please tell me who is going to remember the people that played by the rules, and lost? They trained as hard, or harder, but were limited by the genuine human body, rather than the chemically enhanced one.

OBTW, better get used to this treatment to your "heroes". The olympics are savin all samples, and they will be retested in later years when improved testing will reveal olympic cheaters.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Let's see if we can flesh out his story by taking a look at Pete Rose's foray into lying.

MLB has an investigative bureau that rivals LAPD, NYPD, LA Sheriff, and the FBI combined. Most of its investigators are retired cops from these agencies. When word broke of Rose's gambling -gambling might just be the biggest and most silent scandal in professional sports- H. Bart Giamatti assigned his investigators to look into the scandal. At the conclusion of his investigation, he KNEW Rose had bet on MLB games. In essence, he had proof. He called Rose in and accorded him opportunity to do the right thing, what a man of honor and character would do. From what I understand, Giamatti was prepared to offer Rose a sweetheart deal. Rose, being Rose, thought he would be able to pull the wool over Giamatti's eyes. After Giamatti begged Rose to do the right thing that was followed by Rose's arrogant response, Giamatti was left with no other option but to issue a lifetime ban. Years later Rose authored a book in which he admitted Giamatti did in fact have goods on him.

If Armstrong is innocent, he would not throw in he towel. Conceding does not make sense to an athlete who has competed his entire life to be the best. He has been competing all his life to become a winner. Why now is he throwing in the towel and refusing to fight to clear his name? Why is he now willing to accept defeat? It doesn't make sense. People who are innocent will never give up trying to clear their names.

Winning the Tour once is impressive. Winning it seven times is beyond normal human ability. Winning seven titles by blowing away competition defies reason and logic...unless cheating was involved.

Like Rose, I am sure that USADA has the goods on Armstrong, and he knows it. Otherwise he wouldn't have thrown in the towel. What other reason could there be for Armstrong to surrender the seven titles that made him one of the best athletes in history?

While there is a slight chance Armstrong's innocent, I ain't buying it. I think he cheated. And cheaters cheat athletes who play by rules.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
AMEN - Who is John Galt?

I started a thread on this just recently HERE.

John

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
I hate bicyclists.....

But Lance Armstrong passed every idiotic sycophant test those douchebags every administered on him.

A steroid user will get in the HOF before Pete Rose. So much for what really counts.

Be careful....

Advocating gambling is far less a pock on any sport than doping, and the latter is far more prevalent. There are no Brandeis around this time....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DP4
The USADA has proven that they are wasting our tax dollars. If they didn't catch him the act and don't have proof then what do they have? A bunch of cheaters who want to bring down the winner 10 years too late? Another pathetic US government agency at work...

Kinda like the waffen BATFEces, a useless, corrupt agency looking to justify its existence.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Record unemployment, Wall street having free reign to continually screw us over without pursuit or prosecution from our current inept administration and our government is throwing big money at prosecuting some guy who rides a bicycle for doping? Who gives a s--t?
What's the benefit of this? There are so many things that are or should be much higher on the governments priority list. Bonds is still a multi millionaire, Clemens is still a multi millionaire, Lance will still be a multi millionaire. What is the ethical component of this? Spend millions of taxpayer dollars to prove that there is doping in sports? What a revelation!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deersmeller
A World hero of cycling and of human courage. The USADA campaign of harassment should never have been allowed to rage as it did.

These accusations have not dented my admiration for Lance Armstrong, who remains the greatest cyclist ever.

Well said. My sentiments also.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Whatever bullshit government agency is responsible for this idiocy should be immediately de-funded, every employee fired, decision makers thrown out into the street & made an example of. Along with probably half of the other "agencies" out there..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This isn't a government agency. It is an agency that has been designated by various sporting governing bodies as the one that controls and tests for illegal drug use for them. It derives its money from private and corporate donations, contributions from the sports themselves, and from government programs founded to limit illegal drug use.

For instance when Lance drew a lifetime ban yesterday he was banned not only from cycling but also the Ironman Triathlon. Both use the USADA (or a heirarchy leading to them) to control illegal drug use.

There is a reason why Lance and so many cyclists changed their TdF headquarters from France to Spain after France made doping illegal. It was no longer just a sporting infraction like it once was and it spooked quite a few out of the country. The whole legal framework that controls this stuff is pretty complicated.

In the end I'm not sure it matters. Of the guys who finished second to Lance in the TdF all but one (by my count) were either found guilty of doping, ran out because evidence was mounting and they wanted to get out while the getting was good, or else admitted to it and suffered a ban of some length. I honestly don't know who you give the trophies to.

But I still believe without a doubt he doped. And I believe it will make no difference to most of his fans when the evidence that everyone is ~almost~ positive exists gets released. We don't seem to care in America about doping... hell look at the starting roster of any NFL team and tell me again what the rules are for steroid and HGH use. smile

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by HawkI
I hate bicyclists.....

But Lance Armstrong passed every idiotic sycophant test those douchebags every administered on him.

A steroid user will get in the HOF before Pete Rose. So much for what really counts.

Be careful....

Advocating gambling is far less a pock on any sport than doping, and the latter is far more prevalent. There are no Brandeis around this time....

HawkI,

I don't think Rose or 'roiders will get into the HoF.

Cheating ain't American.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the CNN article:

"Early Friday, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency said it was banning Armstrong from cycling competitions for life and negated his wins since 1998, but this move may not be the final word. The International Cycling Union has claimed it has jurisdiction, questioning the agency's authority."

The USADA doesn't have the authority to ban him from anything, or to negate his victories.
That authority lies with the International Cycling Union. We'll see what they do. Regardless, the man is an amazing athlete, and he's a courageous human being, and he's done A LOT of good for a lot of people over many years...and many of those people were dealing with some of the most awful things this life has to offer.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
XL5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
...The USADA doesn't have the authority to ban him from anything, or to negate his victories.
That authority lies with the International Cycling Union. We'll see what they do....

WADA is UCI's drug sanctioning authority. WADA already has stipulated that USADA's ruling will be controlling. Now UCI either has to abide by USADA's decision or take the case to CAS and ask it be overturned. That would be suicidal to the UCI.

Originally Posted by MacLorry
I think there needs to be a statute of limitations. In fact the USADA has an 8-year limitation but is ignoring it in this case, which is why the statute of limitations needs to become law and written into treaties....

Yes, there is an eight year statute of limitations, which is waived when the defendant employs "instruments under his control" (that's a quote) to conceal detection or prosecution of his cheating. So cheating has an eight year statute of limitation. Attempting to hide the fact that you are cheating negates the statute of limitations from all charges.

Originally Posted by Penguin
...Lance was a symptom not the disease. Find better ways to test for drugs, move on.

Will

Unmitigated, unvarnished TRUTH. There is much rejoicing over the Pharmstrong development in the cycling community, but not as much for their dislike of Lance (which is profound) as for the hope that this will be the impetus to burn the UCI to the ground and replace it with a truly efficient, transparent AND HONEST sanctioning body.

In the fullness of time, I am confident the astonishing scope of Pharmstrong's criminality will come to light. At this point, most of it I am certain is documented and detailed in the sealed grand jury testimonies, which is the principal reason Lance declined to appeal the USADA's decision. In the appeal, those depositions would have been unsealed and entered into the public record. The damning testimony contained in them, testimony from his inner circle, doubtless would cause the donations to dry up, then he'd have to find another charity to fleece.

Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert
-- old German proverb
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Armstrong has probably never failed a drug test. The bad chemists are far ahead of the good chemists. But there is a mountain of indirect evidence and witnesses that claim that he has used HGH, testosterone, steroids, blood enhancement transfusions, etc.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 26 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.