-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't believe anyone could dominate that sport like Lance did without help from juice. .02

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by okok
I don't believe anyone could dominate that sport like Lance did without help from juice. .02

...nor could've his closest competitors.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by XL5
".....then he'd have to find another charity to fleece".

What, specifically, do you mean by that statement?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Plain and simple the USADA has nor moral fiber if it doesn't say innocent before proven guilty.

They should condem the Fench authority as crack pot politics

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't Lance fail a drug test years ago?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
It's really quite the pickle. I believe he was transfusing blood for years but even today it's very hard to prove. They certainly cannot prove it. Even with testimony from "witnesses" how can they say for certain he doped? They can't, so how can they strip him of his titles? All of his blood/urine samples came in below stated thresholds by the sanctioning body. New tests on old blood/urine? Give me a break, show me a DNA profile and rock solid chain of evidence that those are his, won't happen.

So now what does the UCI do? They agree with USADA and sanction? All that does is say their testing system is a complete joke. That opens the door for any rider ever sanctioned to appeal their case. Talk about a friggin mess. Or, they go against USADA and say their tests are supreme. Either way it's a serious cluster.

Anyhow, I really think he did "dope" but don't believe that the sanctions/ loss of titles is just.

Last edited by trevore; 08/25/12.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
he definitly had the wool pulled over a ton of peoples eyes it looks like. he is a doping cheater end of story. he never had a positive test.neither did barry bonds you believe him too ? did he do a lot for cancer studies? yes he did. but i am sure he lined his pockets with plenty of the cash. wasn't his claim to fame perservering through all obsticals and not giving up ? what happened ? maybe some will take off those gay wrist bands now............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think (for what that's worth) that folks or organizations that trash other folks lives without hard evidence should face repercussions at least doubled, the damage caused to the victim, quadrupled would be more suitable.

XL5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert
-- old German proverb
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I never was a big proponet of the 'thumbs up--thumbs down' gesture.
It should the winning gladiator who decides

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bluegillman

1. he is a doping cheater end of story.
2. did he do a lot for cancer studies? yes he did. but i am sure he lined his pockets with plenty of the cash.

1. Where's your real proof? Travis Tygert doesn't even have any real hard evidence, only testimonial evidence.
2. Why are you "sure" of that? Do you have any real proof of that either...or is that just your opinion?

Lots of bold incriminating statements being made here by folks who are very far removed from the USADA...and even they haven't shown any hard evidence! Damn! For all the self-professed freedom loving, Constitution believing rhetoric spouted on this forum...there's lots here who are condeming Armstrong already! What happened to the notion of 'innocent' until PROVEN guilty?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by XL5
".....then he'd have to find another charity to fleece".

What, specifically, do you mean by that statement?

==============

I hope he has some solid facts to back up that cackling.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The doping agency kinda of reminds me of captain Queeg, playing with his balls and talking about a non-existent key.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've know high school kids who could beat the "latest and greatest" drug tests. I have no doubt that Armstrong could beat them.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The USADA (whomever they are and whoever appointed them) sucks. They tell Armstrong they are going to screw him over and harass him forever, then when he says screw it, life is too short, they say well, we weren't going to screw you that bad.
They are classic cork suckers.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Only the French -

" he's guilty because he quit fighting the next 100 plus round of testing."

Guilty because we want him to be ?

The French hate it that Armstrong won their bike race , so they are out to get him.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting those on this thread that are literally wetting their pants with happiness that Armstrong quit fighting these allegations. No real proof, but the he said, she said variety, but of course Armstrong cheated.

I can't ride a bicycle around the block in less than 40 minutes, so there is no way anyone could do what Armstrong has done, unless he used completely undetectable super drugs that only he had access too.

We have become a nation that cheers constantly when tearing down anyone that is successful. Look at Obama and all the ads that denigrate Romney because he has money. If your wealthy you're now Satan. Because I have a dead end job, then obviously anyone with money lied and cheated for their financial resources.

If you win in sports, you cheated. Everyone you beat are such crappy losers, they whine incessantly you must have cheated.

Why all the hatred and bitterness when someone else succeeds?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Henry McCann
Interesting those on this thread that are literally wetting their pants with happiness that Armstrong quit fighting these allegations. No real proof, but the he said, she said variety, but of course Armstrong cheated.

I can't ride a bicycle around the block in less than 40 minutes, so there is no way anyone could do what Armstrong has done, unless he used completely undetectable super drugs that only he had access too.

We have become a nation that cheers constantly when tearing down anyone that is successful. Look at Obama and all the ads that denigrate Romney because he has money. If your wealthy you're now Satan. Because I have a dead end job, then obviously anyone with money lied and cheated for their financial resources.

If you win in sports, you cheated. Everyone you beat are such crappy losers, they whine incessantly you must have cheated.

Why all the hatred and bitterness when someone else succeeds?

Haters gonna hate, that's all there is to it Henry Mcann.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would like to add one point: There have been many posts that say there is 'no evidence'.

There is plenty of evidence. Testimony under oath is indeed evidence. Granted we don't know ~exactly~ what was said but we know with a high degree of certainty about some of it. And what we know points to a man who cheated and did so regularly. Plus there are tests which, over time, were fine tuned and made more strict. It is telling that Lance had levels of these chemicals which came down over time matching the newer cutoffs step for step.

As for the eyewitness stuff? Well you gotta keep in mind that Jerry Sandusky was just put away for the rest of his life on nothing but eyewitness testimony. There wasn't one particle of physical evidence to convict him. But convict him they did and without a lot of beating around the brush.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (222ND, 270wsmnutt, 25aught6, 10Glocks, 160user, 257Bob, 63 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,375
Posts18,527,466
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.