Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Keahi Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Looks like a nice hauler for a ridiculously low price.
Strength and comfort, Is it worth it?
I don't plan on carrying more than 50 lbs on it.

Retired and loving it.
GB1

Keahi Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I googled it and got a review on this forum. I gotta learn how to use the search again. I used to use it a lot. Any one else has a problem with the search feature?

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5632099/1

Retired and loving it.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Very good..non adjustable for Torso length so if you are really tall or short might be a fit issue. Have carried 130 pound moose quarters in mine. Nothing broke but my man-pride, as my body gave out way before the pack ever would.

Last edited by North61; 08/25/12.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Handy is my take on mine. I've hauled 50 lb. mineral blocks, 50 lb. bags of corn, and an Alice pack.

Since it lacks torso length adjustment, it took a little tweaking of the straps to get comfy.

Good rig for the money.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I've been getting mine all setup for my 2 week bivy hunt next month - I love it. Carried 80 lbs in it Friday for a workout up and down 1100' vertical. For the price, it absolutely can't be beat. I've done a few writeups on my blog about it, with more to come.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Keahi,
I've got one of these. Hard to beat for the price. At that price it's only competition would be surplus ALICE or MOLLE.

In terms of function it's competing with the Granite Gear Hauler, the MR NICE, and the Kifaru Hauler each of which cost several times the Carry All.

What are you going to use it for? Pack out big pig? Haul water and fertilizer to the pakalolo patch? Distance? Terrain? For me it's a framesheet for a light daypack, with the ability to haul meat if I'm fortunate to hit something.

I've been shaking down some of the above (and a few more) with 2 mile walks and a 50lb sand bag. My initial impressions is that the Carry All has decent but not great suspension. It's also not adjustable for torso length. In essence it's 75% of the packs above at 25% of the price.

Last edited by ChrisF; 08/26/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"75% of the pack for 25% of the price" sounds pretty good for those of us who don't get to spend weeks in the woods or would only use it several times a year and therefore don't have to have "top of the line".
I'm thinking I need one of these to pack in a treestand and some minimal gear, then have a means to carry out MEAT!

This site just keeps costing me more and more...

Last edited by snubbie; 08/26/12.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
75% might actually be conservative. if you're thinking of one, check out the ll bean site. I think they're on sale for $63 with free shipping!

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Take a look at the Horn Hunter Full Curl too! US made and has great waist pockets. You can add a bunch of different bags as well.
http://www.packfitter.com/hybrid-curl-frame.html

Good Shooting!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hard to beat for the price. Add a large stuff sack and you have a backpack. I bought mine to carry my smaller tree stands and it is fairly comfortable with a 50 to 60 lb. load, but not much more since its suspension system is fairly weak. I actually used it last year on an elk hunt in CO because I need a smaller day pack. It worked well.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
IC B3

Keahi Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Hey ChrisF,
Funny one on the Pakalolo patch! Over here we have rain! There's no need to haul water!
I'm going to Colorado for a backpack hunt. I have a BullPac but was wondering if the LL bean would be more versatile.
I am planning on using a couple of Mystery ranch Nice load cells on the Bull-pac and strap on my mystery ranch dragon slayer day pack on top of that. I am also wondering if I should get a MR load sling and rig it onto the Bull-pac. The LL Bean costs the same if not less than the load sling itself. The Bull-pacs suspension is not as great as the MR's but it's got a bullet-proof fame.

Retired and loving it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Over here we have rain! There's no need to haul water!

It's been a dry summer...especially in Waianae! I used to shoot a fair amount out your way at Puuloa. In fact I think you and I might be hunting some of the same areas.
[Linked Image]

For the cost of what you've already dropped on gear and are going to drop for Colorado, I'd just get the LL Bean and see if it works for you. I'm curious how heavy your empty load is with the Bull-Pac, Dragon Slayer, Load Sling etc?

Last edited by ChrisF; 08/27/12.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I bought one last year and like it mostly. I'm thinking about getting a Highlander from HPG to use as a bag on it. Of course the Highlander costs almost twice what the frame did.

I use it as a day pack which has the ability to carry out an initial load of meat. I like the fit and feel of it better than the MR Frame I had. I don't think the LL Bean can carry as much as the MR could but I think either can handle more than I can. I have a Kelty Cache Hauler in camp that I will use to haul the rest of the meat. I figure the LLB would handle backstraps and my gear on the way back to the truck. I think it would handle a gear setup for 2 or 3 nights, but I don't hunt that way anymore so it seems to be exactly what I need for a day pack.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Also, I forgot to mention - I added hip belt pockets and modified the load shelf so that it attaches higher on the frame and puts the load over the hips instead of hanging off the bottom. For $64 you cannot pass it up!

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
pka45,

How did you add the hip belt pockets?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by snubbie

Yep.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Washburn
Originally Posted by snubbie

Yep.

I just became 63 bucks poorer. But I think it's a good deal and something I've looked for the last couple years. Packing in a treestand stinks and I believe this will help.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Miner
pka45,

How did you add the hip belt pockets?

I "made" my own out of cheap fanny packs, and I wrote it up here. It would have been easier to spend $40 on two pack pockets from one of the mountaineering companies, but I'm cheap.

Carried mine around again tonight, weighed 90 lbs total - did great!

Keahi Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Howzit Chris,
That's a huge buck! Looks like its nearing 40 inches.
My biggest is 32. Way smaller than yours. About the same body weight though.
The bullpac and MR DS weighs about 10 lbs together.
I'm thinking of packing in 4 miles so I can handle 30 to 35 extra lbs.

Retired and loving it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like its nearing 40 inches...About the same body weight though.

I don't think it was close to that big. You'll have to tell me how you're estimating weight off the picture?

I was mentally adding up the weight of your setup and came up with about 10lbs. Add another pound for the load sling. Using the Carry-All instead of the BullPac would save you a couple of pounds but probably at the expense of meat hauling capacity if you get lucky. For a 4 mile pack in, the weight difference might be moot though.

Last edited by ChrisF; 08/28/12.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.