-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have lost enough stuff over the years that I simply don't leave anything that I don't want to lose out in the field.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I had a hang on stand stolen last year. Pisses you off. It's usually dumb kids that do it just for kicks or some non hunter who pawns it. That's the easiest way to find it, go to the closest pawn shop.

The best locks for tree stands are trigger locks, they're a PITA to cut even with bolt cutters. Not impossible but they have a better chance of falling out of the tree trying. Or leave your stand up and take your sticks with you.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
AJD Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If this counts, I lost a 25hp Evinrude once. I had it backed up to my bedroom window. It was a cold rainy night, I came in late, bout midnight, and I didn�t put it behind the back fence. I vaguely remember hearing a motor idling but I didn�t come fully awake and the dogs were hiding somewhere out of the rain. Anyhow, I didn�t wake fully up. If I had I would have taken a 357 to em. There is a part of me that is sorta glad I didn�t wake up. It was a good motor, and I miss it.

There is no accounting for taste.

Experience is a great thing as long as one survives it.

Generally, there ain't a lot that separates the two however,
Barely making it is a whole lot more satisfying than barely not making it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have had a feeder stolen before, and last year some stands of my cousin's were stolen where we hunt at. I think what he told me today beats it all though. Some one came on to the property and cut the power poles at the barn and where his father in-laws trailer used to be to steal the power lines. I am sure it was some meth head, as I witnessed a truck cruising the area for such last year. When I got home, the same truck was across the road from the house, and two guys were hauling metal out of the owners barn.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We once found a Porsche 914 way back in the woods off the very end of a logging road. No idea how they got it that far back in there. I wouldn't even have taken my jeep back there. We called the cops and told them where to find it and it was gone the next time we were back in there.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I once found a guy deer hunting from a tree house we built on my property for my neices. I drove up and parked next to the tree, shut off my truck and just sat there not saying a word. The guy looked like a nervous rat trapped up there with the only way out being down the ladder right next to my door. The best thing he could think of to say was, "well, um, I-I-I didn't build this thing!" No sh*t Sherlock!

Pete

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Had a feeder, trail cam, and a turkey decoy stolen this past year. I now know who it was, and if the SOB tresspasses again, like on opening day of duck season, he will leave with more holes in his truck than what he came with.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never had a deer taken off me and I hope I never do. It would be very hard for me to not end up getting in some kind of trouble over the outcome of such and occurrence.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have a system that seems foolproof so far.

I leave my pit bull in my Jeep when i'm hunting.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Haha! Yeah, theres a limit to how many holes a guy really wants in his truck...

IC B3

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
About 30yrs ago I lost about 5 dozen duck decoys. Back then I duck hunted every morning & evening and we could leave our decoys out. Somebody stole them between about 11am & 2pm...ballsy considering the guys I used to hunt with.

About 10 years ago on public land my son, who was about 14 at the time, had a ladder stand taken down, chains cut and ladder beaten with something enough to warp it. They didnt steal it, just jacked it up enough to make it hard to fix.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Not exactly the same thing, but when I was 14 I was coming home from deer hunting on the mountain and found someone had (a) managed trespass their way through our front yard and (b) left their little Datsun station wagon blocking the road and (c) was standing out in the river (illegally) fishing with a net.

My peripheral vision went a real interesting shade of red.

I didn't think, I just acted. I laid my rifle down, stepped up to their car, stuck both hands inside the front wheel well, and lifted. Next thing I knew, the car was laying beside the road upside down on its roof.

Its [bleep] amazing what a little adrenaline will do. smile

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Two ladder stands. SOB's tried to get one of my deer feeders too. Walked in one evening to fine one of my tripod feeders laying in a very neat pile once kinda had a weird feeling like I was being watched the whole time I was there . My wifes stand was stolen once she was so pissed it was kinda funny. I would have felt sorry for the po feller had she caught him !

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I've had three hang-on stands stolen along with as many trail cameras and even a Mathews bow was stolen out of the back of My truck at a quick-stop convenience store once.....Many rogues among us.................Hb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only thing I've ever had stolen while hunting was a tank full of gas from my truck. Some lowlife siphoned most of the gas, and I barely made it to the nearest gas station.

Got a locking gas cap after that.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2 climbers and 2 ladder stands over the years..........really sucks to find out about it at 5am too.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Tree stands out of the back of my truck while looking for bear baiting sites.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It was 8 years ago, I'd shot a nice fat juicy cow elk for the freezer. I tagged her and walked back to my truck where my wife was sleeping to get to hel me gut and quarter my animal. On the was back we saw two A--holes on ATVs hauling ass with the two halves of my elk on the back. When we got to the spot all I had left was my torn up tag. The only good thing about it was I'd left my rifle in the truck. Not telling what might have gone down if it had been with me. Try as we might, we could find no game warden or sheriff or any form of LEO to report the incident. It's been 8 years and my jaws still get tight.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only deer feeder I ever bought, a loc-on stand, climbing sticks, and a ladder. This was over a period of 20 or so years.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by PJGunner
It was 8 years ago, I'd shot a nice fat juicy cow elk for the freezer. I tagged her and walked back to my truck where my wife was sleeping to get to hel me gut and quarter my animal. On the was back we saw two A--holes on ATVs hauling ass with the two halves of my elk on the back. When we got to the spot all I had left was my torn up tag. The only good thing about it was I'd left my rifle in the truck. Not telling what might have gone down if it had been with me. Try as we might, we could find no game warden or sheriff or any form of LEO to report the incident. It's been 8 years and my jaws still get tight.
Paul B.

Too bad you didn't find the warden. Mine is pretty cool, and more than likely he'd give me another tag.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1minute, 160user, 1badf350, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 62 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,184
Posts18,503,295
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.