Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
A friend has a new butt stock on his gun and at first he thought the leaf spring inside that forces the hammer to push the firing pin out was rubbing on wood. He checked that and it appears that's not the issue. He wants to clean out the area where the firing pin is and remove the screwed in plate/disc that has two holes in it. Is there a tool out there to use (would think so) or can he take two drill bits with high quality tool steel and make some holder to use for them. Cut a screw driver to use and temper the tool ????? I took my compressor to the firing pin hole w/o any good results.

Also where could a guy get a new leaf spring if this is the bad guy ? It's a tough one to solve for us. The primer is getting just a kiss from the pin....shows a faint dent.

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Hope that Redneck sees this.

I'm betting he has your answers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Browning spring may work , basically the same shotgun

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The firing pin will come out of the back of the breech face, not out through the front. It and a Browning citori should be the same gun. I was thinking they were coil spring, not leaf, but it's been a while since i've fooled with them. If my memory serves me correctly there is a common ailment among
Brownings that produce your symptoms, but I can;t remember exactly what it is. As mentioned above, Redneck probably has your specific answers.
Good Luck!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have four of these and in my opinion, your friend is way over his head. I can fix it for him.

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This happened on my Miroku 101 after cases and cases of shells and all sorts of abuse.

Crud in the firing pin springs can do this. Mine had a sprung hinge and worn springs and maybe firing pins. Gunsmith just tapped the pin back slightly and it locked up tight. Replaced the springs and put in harder firing pins from Brownells and haven't had a misfire since.

edit: Yes turn it over to a gunsmith for sure just the proper tools will cost about as much as most would charge.

Last edited by Tejano; 08/31/12.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Thanks for your help....all of you. The shotgun owner has built the stock from scratch and done a beautiful job for not being a custom a stockmaker. Over his head ? Normally I'd agree but he's a retired physics professor and I remember them from college(grin). He knows he can solve the problem......Again thanks.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (Anaconda, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 5 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,298
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.