Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
I try to give everyone the benefit of being a good person regardless of the fact that they just joined 24 hr. I don�t have 1000�s of posts myself. A lot of mine are in the classifieds, some on forums However, what everyone always says has come true again. Try to buy from a 1 post guy (insisted on PayPal to cover myself) he backed out for someone that offered more $. At least i did not lose any $$$$

GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
On top of that, it's pretty scandalous for a member to undercut another. Pretty bitter taste, there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many of us, including me, will not use Pay Pal. Sorry that you had a bad experience, but that might have been the deal breaker.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
I have never used paypal here before. I have sent cash
(small amounts) several times to people with several posts never had a problem. He was ok with PayPal, at the time.
p.s. he said it was someone on another site. good to know

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
What is wrong with using paypal?? A lot of guys lose out because they don't as far as I'm concerned....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I got burned by the colt70 aka Pete Leal deal and got my money back today. However, I will continue to deal with people here but I do not like PayPal. I don't think it would have made any difference in this case.
Just communicate with people and if you get a bad feeling don't do the deal. Sometimes we are just looking for the killer price. If it looks to good to be true it might be.

Del Martin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
What is wrong with using paypal??
Nothing is wrong with Paypal. Actually it's a great way to buy/sell. People rip off people, not paypal.

Can be difficult to detect a scammer, gotta be careful from someone that recently joined w/low post count.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
This may sound funny coming from me as I'm new here, but I do a lot of buying and selling on Ar15.com. I never deal with anyone that is new and has no feedback unless they can supply feedback from another site (another forum, ebay, etc).

I recently made a deal with a member here for a McM stock, and asked him to hold it for a couple of days for me to make payment. Luckily for me he was nice enough to do it, but I wouldn't expect it as I'm new here with no feedback (I did supply a link for feedback on AR15.com although he didn't ask for it).

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by slg888
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
What is wrong with using paypal??
Nothing is wrong with Paypal. Actually it's a great way to buy/sell. People rip off people, not paypal.

Can be difficult to detect a scammer, gotta be careful from someone that recently joined w/low post count.

Ok, I got you. Thanks.....

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BiggerStick47
I did supply a link for feedback on AR15.com although he didn't ask for it
+1, That usually helps. I only have a few post on Archery talk and when selling something over there I will use 24hr as a reference.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm new here myself and i always offer references from other members on here I've dealt with. The transactions ive had here have been outstanding though its just u cant help to worry about getting ripped off.

Roy

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Heck, I have been told by a "good guy" on here who has several thousand posts that a particular scope was mine only to have him pull it and sell to another...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
Heck, I have been told by a "good guy" on here who has several thousand posts that a particular scope was mine only to have him pull it and sell to another...

If a man can't live by his word, what does he live for?????

BSA MAGA
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I bought something from a guy here that took a personal check since I don't have paypal. Everything went fine. I told him "I'll take it" on another item and asked him if it was OK to send a check like last time. He said it would be OK if nobody else offered to buy the item by paypal within a few days. He went on the deadbeat list. If you will give preference to paypal buyers, then say so in the thread. I don't care if that's how you want to do business, but say it up front.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by BiggerStick47
This may sound funny coming from me as I'm new here, but I do a lot of buying and selling on Ar15.com. I never deal with anyone that is new and has no feedback unless they can supply feedback from another site (another forum, ebay, etc).

I recently made a deal with a member here for a McM stock, and asked him to hold it for a couple of days for me to make payment. Luckily for me he was nice enough to do it, but I wouldn't expect it as I'm new here with no feedback (I did supply a link for feedback on AR15.com although he didn't ask for it).

Hey! I recognize your name from Arfcom haha.

I've got tons of perfect feedback there but just this week, I have been screwed on 3 deals (Seller sold it to someone else) and I am getting fed up with it.

Anyway, I'm new here as well but I'm an honest dude.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Today at 08:03 AM

if you can do $70 paypal we a have a deal. send me your info and i will pay as soon as i get confirmation.
thanks
aaron

Today at 11:38 AM
OK, Aaron! Send me your email address by PM, and I will send you a PayPal invoice/request for payment

Today at 11:59 AM

Bad news, Aaron. I got a better offer. The items are sold. Thanks for trying. I appreciate your interest

I think he knew i was going to use PayPal.

p.s. aaronalc on Arfcom i have perfect feedback there also

Last edited by treeandturf; 08/30/12.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
While I use PAYPAL when it is required they make a person fund it with their Mastercard or your bank account (at least if you buy and sell on Ebay). I wouldn't give them access to my checking account if they were the only game in town. Those people are not customer friendly they are only interested in making money off of the transaction. If you use Paypal some sellers want a 3% add or do it as a gift. If you do it as a gift and get stiffed you have no protection at all and even doing it as a purchase is iffy if PAYPAL cannot recover funds from the seller. That is, to me, what is wrong with PAYPAL.

H
h24 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
As most of you know, but some seem not to know - PayPal has constantly be reported as anti-gun in their business dealings and support anit-gun causes. Most transactions in the classified have to do with guns or gun related items. Therefore, one could conclude that to support PayPal is to support anti-gun activities. Like shooting yourself in the foot. Contrary to the best interests of those who believe in and support the second amendment.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by h24
As most of you know, but some seem not to know - PayPal has constantly be reported as anti-gun in their business dealings and support anit-gun causes. Most transactions in the classified have to do with guns or gun related items. Therefore, one could conclude that to support PayPal is to support anti-gun activities. Like shooting yourself in the foot. Contrary to the best interests of those who believe in and support the second amendment.

The same could be said of using the USPS to ship. Currently losing 16.5 million each day; and that bill will be passed on to the taxpayer.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by treeandturf
Today at 08:03 AM

if you can do $70 paypal we a have a deal. send me your info and i will pay as soon as i get confirmation.
thanks
aaron

Today at 11:38 AM
OK, Aaron! Send me your email address by PM, and I will send you a PayPal invoice/request for payment

Today at 11:59 AM

Bad news, Aaron. I got a better offer. The items are sold. Thanks for trying. I appreciate your interest

I think he knew i was going to use PayPal.

Man, that's really bad form from the seller. eek

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,565
Posts18,491,815
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.