-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never missed a season even after a battle with leukemia that started in February of that year. My goal was to make it out that fall and it turned out to one of my best years hunting!

Rob
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This may be the year as health issues ie arthritis severely impact my ability to walk. I am starting to put out grain so I can at least watch deer from my swimming pool deck. Who knows this year what will happen. The apples are rippening on the tree and I am hoping the bears will leave them alone. Your friend should enjoy the weekends in the bush.

Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I should add that one of the best seasons I did not skip was during my multiyear battle with blindness. My son talked me into going deer hunting with him when I could barely see to walk. My misshapen eyeballs looked in different directions for a double vision composite, and each eye was messed up. With enough time I could swivel my head and eyes and close one, and find a "seeable" place on a lumpy eyeball. If the subject stood still long enough to let me do that I could acquire a passable image.

A fork horn buck did that for me. My son spotted his tracks crossing the road in fresh snow and I held on to my son's shirt as he led me and tracked the buck. Within 50 yards he spotted the buck feeding ahead of us. I leaned on a pine and did the deed.

I think that is my all time favorite trophy.

Last edited by Okanagan; 08/31/12. Reason: clarity
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by medicman
This may be the year as health issues ie arthritis severely impact my ability to walk. I am starting to put out grain so I can at least watch deer from my swimming pool deck. Who knows this year what will happen. The apples are rippening on the tree and I am hoping the bears will leave them alone. Your friend should enjoy the weekends in the bush.

Randy

Save me a spot on the world famous pool deck. I got one or two decent shots left in me, I hope. I'll do all the work, if Hannah isn't arond. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Randy

Amazingly, I am presently experiencing arthritis in my left ankle, so I can certainly empathize with you. Never had it before, but it is quite annoying. Am learning a lot about my body at 69 that I never knew before. grin

No sheep hunting this year, that's for sure.

Best,
Ted

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Randy, You may have to swallow some pride, but if I understand correctly,a handicap permit allows you to shoot from a rig.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'm his handicap, Richard. Every time I go with him, he is handicapped by having me along. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Glad you are feeling better!
So,he bags more game alone?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
You guys are making me feel achy breaky. I hope that I don't fall apart when I get to be 21!

I have limited mobility in my left shoulder, loss of strength and I have to force my arm up to get it to raise above my head. So I visited my doctor and he sent me went to a clinic for x-rays and an ultrasound. Nothing found.

My doctor said that it's lack of use (?!?) and that I needed to see a physiotherapist. If it's anything, it's a strain and something else. My shoulder cracks when I move it too.

I think that I'm rusting!
---
Randy, are you taking anything other than aspirin for your arthritis? I'll tell you what worked for me. Osteo Bi-Flex. It's $22 for 120 tablets - 2 tablets once a day (or one in the morning and one in the evening with food).

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Wellcome to the Old Man's Four H Club Steve.
Hernia,Hiccups,Hemorroids, and Heartburn.
Cortisone, anyone?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by the_shootist
I'm his handicap, Richard. Every time I go with him, he is handicapped by having me along. laugh

I blame some hearing loss on you thanks to that one shot bull moose on Margaret creek, but the rest is my causation. Last winter appears to have been hard on the apple dumpling herd.

Randy

Lester Roloff
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Sorry 'bout that, Bro. But the meat was sweet, and the hunt was a treat. It was also one of our last hunts with Dad.

Brother Keith

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
2008 , MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION , or commonly known as " heart attack ". That happened on 10/28/08 , had an open heart by-pass on 10/30/08 ( five arteries plugged ) . Our general gun deer season opens 11/15 in MI. Actually my surgeon said I could go if I wanted, I didn't because my wife would have killed me. Didn't see the sense in it anyway as I just didn't feel strong enough for it. Good news is that according to my surgeon I was extremely fortunate , in that I suffered NO damage to any of the heart muscle what-so-ever and made a complete recovery.Was back to my old ornery self shortly after deer season was over and did a lot of rabbit hunting January through March over rough terrain.

Everything I say to you is a lie , and that is the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry 'bout that, Bro. But the meat was sweet, and the hunt was a treat. It was also one of our last hunts with Dad.

Yes it was a great hunt with fond memories. I miss him a lot and understand his frustration with losing his youthful vigor. He was still a betteer man than I ever thought I was. blush

Bow season opens for whitetail this morning and it got me to thinking that a crossbow may be in my future. Who really knows what next year may bring. I think this year may be my small game year as I can still pack a rabbit or bird.

Good luck to your friend, Steve. His decision to secure the job is the right one.

Randy

Last edited by medicman; 09/01/12.

Lester Roloff
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If'n you need a hand packin' out them deers, let me know. I got the deer packer to end all deer packers. Polaris Sportsman. Don't give up!

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hunting locally no, hunting another state where you have a couple days travel, animals that require another couple days plus a long season with high cost For tags, gas, food, ... and corporate mergers - yep.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

I blame some hearing loss on you thanks to that one shot bull moose on Margaret creek, but the rest is my causation. Last winter appears to have been hard on the apple dumpling herd.

Randy
YOU WILL HAVE TO SPEAK UP RANDY! I did not hear all of that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well , I missed the waterfowl opener this year- can't remember the last opening day I missed!
Momma ended up in the emerg. Friday afternoon, and was slated to go at 0*:00 Saturday for another intravenous
04:30 I'm up and getting ready to help the boyz load the dekes and canoes at my place, and I was going to drive my wife to the hospital at 07:30, then hook up with the gang later .
turns out she ended up in ICU with a severe case of cellulitis!!
needless to say, I have been at the hospital these last few days and NOT in a duck blind!!
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The ducks will always be there, Cat. Ya done the right thing.

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Health and family are more important than any hunt. I hope your wife gets better quickly.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (1lessdog, 2ndwind, 204guy, 280shooter, 300_savage, 264mag, 33 invisible), 2,004 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,445
Posts18,507,883
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.