TED338 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
National Geographic Takes Hunter Off TV Show

By ADAM W. KEPLER

Published: September 2, 2012 NYTimes.com

The National Geographic Channel said on Friday that Melissa Bachman, an animal hunter who writes for a blog called �Hardcore Huntress,� will no longer be a participant in the coming reality series �Ultimate Survivor Alaska,� after an online petition protesting her involvement received more than 13,000 signatures in less than 24 hours. According to the Hollywood Reporter�s Web site the petition posted on Change.org by Tim Martell, a Florida resident, called for a boycott of National Geographic and stated that the cable channel had abandoned its �traditional stance of conservation and protection� by working with Ms. Bachman, who also has her own Web site that contains hunting videos, tips and a photographic trophy room. �The National Geographic Channel has carefully considered the public discussion of our series on surviving the wilds of Alaska currently in production and premiering sometime next year,� the cable channel said in a statement. �Upon further reflection we plan to eliminate one of the survivalists from the ensemble cast, Melissa Bachman. Hunting is not the focus of the show, and we regret the misinformation that has clouded what we hope will be an exciting adventure series set in the incredible Alaskan landscape.�

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
National Geographic has always been a hotbed of sick tree-huggers, anti-hunters and other lower forms of humanity parading under the banner of the so-called "liberals".

The will never get a penny from me.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Well, it would seem their survival 'focus' is a bit blurred if it's really about survival, I would think.

Goodbye, Nat Geo, crazy

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

National Geographic, like the Sierra Club and other eco-wacko organizations has been off my play list for many years.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deersmeller
National Geographic has always been a hotbed of sick tree-huggers, anti-hunters and other lower forms of humanity parading under the banner of the so-called "liberals".

The will never get a penny from me.

Same here.
I still flip through the mag though when one crosses my path, just in case.
Gotta be somewhere pictures of Michelle don't seem so out of place.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I always knew that reality shows were phony but now I know for sure. Surviving in Alaska without hunting-----rrrrrrrright.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just blocked them, ticked my wife off, and wrote the limp-wrists a scathing email as to why.

They got 13,000 panty-waste viewers complaining and knuckled under. They NEED a million hunters/shooters to sink them.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I read a comment a couple days back on this, made a great point.

-for decades NG made themselves invisible to the acts of nature, not even intervening when a rare endangered tiger's cub was being devoured by predators. They let nature take its course.

But, here you have a hunter- hunting managed wildlife adhering to laws and guidelines set forth by wildlife biologists and govt agencies.

And that being thwarted by a whining naturalist crybaby.

They completely caved to one person's petition.

When liberals dislike something- it gets taken away from all of us.

Normally I wouldn't care- just another chesty chick with a hunting show.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (1234, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.