Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I have been watching the classifieds a lot lately, I bought a Zeiss scope and sold a few things. What I don�t like is I see guns selling for way less than they are worth in my mind. When I buy a gun Normally I look at it as an investment, but at the prices I see in the classified, I am up-side-down $$ money wise if I had to sell my guns thru the classifieds.
Just something I noticed. Just this week I saw a guy trying to sell a perfect looking rem 700 BDL walnut blued 270 with a Nikon scope and rings � the whole package and he can�t get $600.00��I don�t like that.

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Simoneaud
I have been watching the classifieds a lot lately, I bought a Zeiss scope and sold a few things. What I don�t like is I see guns selling for way less than they are worth in my mind. When I buy a gun Normally I look at it as an investment, but at the prices I see in the classified, I am up-side-down $$ money wise if I had to sell my guns thru the classifieds.
Just something I noticed. Just this week I saw a guy trying to sell a perfect looking rem 700 BDL walnut blued 270 with a Nikon scope and rings � the whole package and he can�t get $600.00��I don�t like that.

I do't have an idea of what the gun is worth

but

a standard rem 700 BDL... is not an investment.

If you think so you may well stay "Upside down"

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Things sell for what the market will bear? If there is someone out there looking for a 700 in 270 with that particular scope, then the price is reasonable. If not?

Audience has a lot to do with it as well. I have sold a few guns over the years on web classifieds. Rifles seem to sell well here. Handguns not so much. The reverse seems to be true for other sites? YMMV

Stush
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
well I have a mod 700 BDL 270 walnut blued that shoots lights out, I have killed well over 50 deer with it and I would not let it go with a scope for 600.00

J Simoneaud

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well I have a mod 700 BDL 270 walnut blued that shoots lights out, I have killed well over 50 deer with it and I would not let it go with a scope for 600.00

There you have it

Snake

Friedrich Nietzsche
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I also get upset when stores have really good sales.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

What's it insured for?

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What I don�t like is I see guns selling for way less than they are worth in my mind.

I fail to see the problem. I love buying guns that are being offered at prices way less than I perceive the guns to be worth.

If you're worried, put out a feeler from a Remington Ti and your faith in market prices will be restored. smile

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Temmi - it's not about the mod 700, I have 21 rifles, REM, tikka's, rugers, marlin's, Sako, browning etc.. but I see those guns going for less than the person paid for it- regardless if they did a trigger job or had it jeweled etc.. just saying, I don't plan to sell mine for way less than I have into it.

J Simoneaud

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guns being sold in the classifieds are generally people looking for a quick sale at whatever price that marketplace will bear. It takes a willing seller and willing buyer. You want more money? List them in your local thrifty nickel, put them on Gunbroker, and be prepared to wait. There are a million 700 BDLs out there.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went to a gun show last week and the large volume sellers weren't really budging in prices but the guys walking around were ready to sell.

Heard more than a few guys coming off their prices quite a bit. I had a couple of guns to sell and I just packed them up and didn't even bother.

I guess I'm out of touch, I thought with the fear of Obama getting elected guns were in high demand again. It doesn't seem like it was in 2008

Last edited by KFWA; 09/20/12.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
OSB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O

Things happen to all of us at times. Perhaps this guy had a problem in his life and really needed the money now. I hope not but it happens.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Simoneaud

I do understand your point.

I never sell guns at any price.

That said what I do sell I sell at the best price I can get.

Just some things are worth less used.

Snake

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only 21? . . .

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I hear ya Temmi. I guess the reason I posted this is cause everytime I buy a rifle I say to myself, it's ok it's an investment, you can get your money back if needed.

OK I am a gun looney, I am a gun looney and I ain't selling at those prices. :-)

J Simoneaud

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
yeah my gun case is full,I guess the corner of the closets are next LOL

J Simoneaud

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

you should buy it and offer him more

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bea175

you should buy it and offer him more

That would be the right thing to do since it is worth way more to you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A gun is worth what another is willing to pay for it, not a nickle more.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rarely have I seen any firearm hold their value unless its a custom or collectors item grade that will fetch a high price. I bought a S&W 1911 for close to 850 plus tax. I sold it here for under 600. This gun had less had a couple of boxes of factory ammo ran through it. I lost out on that but its is what it is. I have seen more firearms that are overpriced than under price. Not too mention we are in a Depression so people do not have the money most think they should?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,568
Posts18,491,848
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.