Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I am needing to buy a laptop, but I know almost nothing about them, was wondering if someone here could give me some advice on what kind to buy. If possible, I would like to get something nice quality for less than $500. Thanks for any info.

More guns...need more guns.
Loving Mozambique-and Africa!!!! Too bad I only have 2 months left!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
there's been some threads about this subject, might want to try the search function.

IIRC Toshiba seemed to be a popular brand amongst the guys that use puters for tools and maybe Lenovo (used to be IBM) again IIRC

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just like guns and cars... Buy quality, once.

Apple all the way.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
ASUS

http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/

The ASUS is about as good as it gets in a Light Weight Notebook.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks for the info, I cant go to any stores and play with them, because im living in Mozambique Africa right now, so everything is over our verrrrry slooooow internet here! I think some friends are coming to visit soon, so i can have one of them bring one along.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
there's been some threads about this subject, might want to try the search function.

IIRC Toshiba seemed to be a popular brand amongst the guys that use puters for tools and maybe Lenovo (used to be IBM) again IIRC

my new laptop is a Toshiba. Sadly, just like Lenova, it is made in China. The electronics made there are of poor quality, and suspect.

Sam......

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ringneckhunter
Thanks for the info, I cant go to any stores and play with them, because im living in Mozambique Africa right now...

In that case, buy something cheap and leave it there as a gift when you head home.

Buy a Mac for yourself when you're back in the US.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buy once cry once. MacBook all the way. Over your $500 limit but well worth it.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I will second ASUS.

Mac products are nice, but not worth the cash. You can build the same thing for practically have the price with a PC.

Hipsters and liberals are the only ones who buy Mac computers laugh

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by c86man3
I will second ASUS.

Mac products are nice, but not worth the cash. You can build the same thing for practically have the price with a PC.

No, people that don't spend their life [bleep] with computers buy Macs.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Depends on what you want to use it for. An Ipad sounds like it may be the ticket.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by c86man3
I will second ASUS.

I'm about as far from a hipster and liberal as you can get, and I have a MacBook pro and a Mac mini. The majority of laptops not made by apple tend to have a 3 year shelf life, I just did some work on an early MacBook that was still running strong other than the LCD went Bad

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What ever you get will be made in China, will be full of cyber trojans and will be obsolete.

Buy cheap!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If 500 is your budget, Toshiba is a good bet.

If you don't mind spending multiples of that, Apple.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So what do you need your computer for? If it's for email, the web and some word processing the you should consider an Ipad. You can get a keyboard for it if you want.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
I'm about as far from a hipster and liberal as you can get, and I have a MacBook pro and a Mac mini. The majority of laptops not made by apple tend to have a 3 year shelf life, I just did some work on an early MacBook that was still running strong other than the LCD went Bad

My 7 year old MacBook pro power supply went belly up last week. 7 years service out of a laptop that I've dragged, literally around the world several times with zero failures. Needless to say, there's a new PowerBook on the way.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will give the Macs a good look once this seven year old Toshiba dies. I figure it's close to quitting on me.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Check out macmall.com for good prices

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I have pretty much decided to get an Ipad, now I am trying to decide which one. I will probably be mostly using the web, and email and skype, not planning on having much music or movies, just wondering if I can get away with the 16gb, or if I am needing the 32gb. If I am needing the 32gb, I might need to get the Ipad 2, to keep the price down. Thanks for all yer help!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have an iPad2 and it works just fine for everything you want to do. It's a great device that I wonder how I lived without but I still like the laptop or the home iMac as the screen real estate can be limiting with multiple apps.

They sure make travel nice!

I was surprised that the iPad Verizon reception is significantly worse than my Droid3. I can get one or maybe two bars on the phone at our camp in WV and none on the iPad so I'm looking at putting an amplifier out there.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 14,488 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,163
Posts18,542,924
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.