-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
For the sake of discussion let's just say the scenario is urban type warfare for whatever reason...Which would you choose and Why ?

"No honest man needs more than ten rounds in any gun." William Batterman Ruger
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G. Gordan Liddy said he would use the shotgun.

"No honest man needs more than ten rounds in any gun." William Batterman Ruger
H&K MP5/Styer AUG... More accurate, high mag capacity, select fire; single, 3 round burst, full auto. You get into an urban combat situation you're gonna want something that can spit out lead faster than lightning. Shotgun would be good for somone who can't aim worth a crap, but then again a person like that would last all of 10 seconds in a urban warfare situation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to disagree with you. One of the advantages of a shotgun is that you don't need to ain carefully. In an urban combat situation you are under stress and often if you have to aim carefully you are dead. That is where a shotgun becomes usefull. I would use a full choke and #4 buck. The russian imported clip feed auto or pump shots would work nicely for this.

[Linked Image from ]
YES DEFINATELY USE A SHOTGUN BECAUSE ONE SHOT AND YOUR GONNA KNOCK SOMEONE DOWN PERMANENTLY WITH A MP5 OR SOME OTHER SUBMACHINEGUN YOU MIGHT HAVE TO SHOOT MORE THAN ONCE. USE 00 OR 000 BUCK.

IF YOUR GUN DONT LEAVE BRUISED SHOULDERS IT AINT A REAL GUN ! ! !
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The average range in urban warfare is much shorter than one imagines. The encounters of the "turd" kind that I've been involved in were as close as 3 feet and as far as 30 yards. No disrespect intended, however, anyone that recommends a full choke shotgun and suggests you don't have to aim as precisely, hasn't patterned that combo or been in those situations. The LAPD #1 buckshot load is quite effective but still requires relatively precise placement out to 20 yards in an open choked gun.
<br>
<br>The MP5 with a can is controllable in 3 shot burst fire. The can fills a dual role of quiet and a pretty effective brake too. I guess multiple hits are necessary to compare with a shotgun but that's why there is a selector switch.
<br>
<br>Neither of these options are a spray and pray solution. Both require training, training, and more training.
<br>
<br>I'll take the M4 as pictured.
<br>[Linked Image]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Get a 10 gauge shotgun and you wont have to worry about nothin or nobody. This gun will stop anything !

It Cant Be A Gun If It Dont Bruise Your Shoulder.
S
S
The only warfare I'd ever do most likly, is bunkered down, all out--extreme "home defense"; for which I would choose a Winchester model 1300 Defender 12 gauge pump shotgun loaded with Winchester 12 pellet OOBuckshot MAGNUM rounds.
<br>I'd alternate slug,buckshot,slug,buckshot,slug,buckshot,
<br>for all eight rounds.
<br>Of course you could do like me and have both a submachinegun, and a shotgun readily at hand.
<br>-Buckshot Steve.

my question is has anybody who has posted here ever trained in a urban combat ware fare . its no joke a shot gun would be ok but an m-4 m16 a-2 with a laser sight is the ticket for close quaters combat.

howie.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Well i've done some training for urban assualt.My experience is the people that pick the sub-machine gun.Don't aim they just spray an area.I was taught growing up if i ain't gonna hit my target don't shoot.So I would take the shotgun.I can't see taking innocent lives because you can't perform in a very stressfull situation.And it is very stressfull and if you think you could end up in one of these situations.Please take a course on the subject to train yourself.training training training you can never have too much.Just my .02 cents worth

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
IC B3

C
C
I do not believe in the spray and pray method. Of the the weapons I have handled and fired, the most devastating in CQB, without a doubt, was the Thompson submachinegun. It can be accurately fired in fullauto and is unbelivable. Classic

hmm shotgun vs. submachine gun

well both have there ups and downs in my opinion 1st the shotgun yeah you should be able to hit your target pretty well even under very high stress i would hope, but dont they ususally use a slug anyway? well if not what if there is a hostae or innocent bystanders? no way is the shotgun effective then one stray bb can end it. and another is the recoil, what if you did miss? no way you could have the next shot before the enemy has a bullet in you? right? and the flash and the noise? to all of my knowledge, the shot gun would have the same affect as a flashbang in a lowlight situation with all the flash and noise? ammunition, well i guess you have enough to stop alot of attackers, what maybe 8 shots?oh and size and weight, a tactical shotgun isnt is big as your waterfoul gun but still bigger than a submachine gun usually, correct? what about through the doorways?to big

well for the submachine (witch i beleive would be my choice)hitting the target should be a little harder than with a shotgun of course but you should practice often. you have a ton of ammo on you usually maybe 30 rounds? also if you use the right ammo it wont richochet near as bad as steel shot, and you wont hiot andy hostages (hopefully) unless there is a stray bullet, the recoil on an mp5 or ar-15 will be much less than a 12 gauge. that will allow you to get another shot off if needed.you will be able to walk in tight places much better with a submachine gun too, and really and .45 out of a mp5 or a .223 out of a AR should end a conflict pretty well, especially in close quarters.

i may be wrong its just my opinion though

im not saying a shotgun has no use though it would be very good if you were afraid of a miss or the person not going down, but not with a hostage around

one shot-one kill

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (66Block, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, AceBall, 257_X_50, 19 invisible), 1,098 guests, and 967 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,979
Posts18,519,934
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.