docdb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Beautiful ram Sir.

Originally Posted by docdb
[Linked Image]

Hornady 150gr GMX Superperformance factory ammo, sub MOA for this rifle and deadly. Concerning though, two dented primer misfires during the sight in process.

This is a known issue on Hornady TAP Duty Ammunition in 5.56 as well. They have issues with the primers they use....

I didn't know that, thanks. I'm going to be working up a load for a new 7mm Rem Mag, so I hope to be avoiding factory ammo for the near future.
Thanks,
Don

GB1

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
OK, I'm an optics snob, but it didn't look like my swaro. And hey, Ryan was doing the carrying and the sheep evaluation, so I was not going to find fault with his technique. He's a guide of some noteriety, and I trusted his program.
Don

what work for him and for you .... and the result is here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I trusted his program.
Don

Looks like it worked out just fine grin

Congrats again on a great ram.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by BlackWidowTackle
The jacket is a rare Westcomb Mirage in Multicam that was made for the Japanese army and has eVent.

The camo pattern looks like the new British pattern here, called "All-Terrain" . I wish I could find a pair of rain pants to match with full side zip, and a hat
Don

Don,

we cant even get those jackets here ...

but if more people write down to westcomb who knows.... they ll release more for us little mortals.

all the best.

Phil

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I spoke with Westcomb, here in Vancouver, when that jacket first made it's appearance on the 'Fire and they were pretty adamant that there would not be more of these made, for hunters,etc. The issue is really one of production costs and relatively limited market as not many Canadian hunters will pay the price for gear of this quality.

Westcomb, is, without question, the finest outershell gear I have ever seen in almost 50 years of serious outdoor work, recreation and using a lot of highend products. It is costly and "more" than many hunters really NEED, but, it is superb and, IMHO, worth the prices they ask.

I "think" that "Wild Things" in the USA makes some eVent jackets in "multicam" and the few items I have bought from them are very fine in quality and they are nice people to deal with. Marie, the owner, called me one morning to enquire if I were interested in a camo. jacket of eVent fabric and was willing, a few years ago, to make me some clothing that is "custom" and fits the way I prefer my stuff to. This is real, old-fashioned service and worth checking into for anyone looking for this type of clothing.

Just a suggestion, I would also like to have a jacket/pants exactly like Don's, very versatile gear, IMHO.

IC B2

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Wild Things makes some very good gear. We issue the soft shells, top and bottoms. The event jacket is cut to fit ovr body armror and I find it to be big in the body without a vest on. If I found myself with the jacket that Doc has I would be all over the WT pants in event like a fat kid on a smarty.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
nice sheep Don

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 3,400 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,608
Posts18,473,774
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.