Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Go with the bigger.Do not worry about the BS of not cooking in the same tent.I have done it for about 30 years with absolutely no problems.I don't live in grzzly country ,but do have some blacks around.Still no problems. I have killed an elk just about every year for 20 + years, some years two or three, with cooking inthe tent.
I don't cook bacon though.

Keeping yourself clean with sponge baths etc., is heck of a lot more important.

Not all that much BS. Hang out in griz country and get back to me. You can't be too careful. If you cook and sleep in the same tent it's nearly impossible to remove all smells. If you are it would behoove you to hang all your outer gear away from the cooking smells and tent area.

If you have the ability to have 2 tents and it isn't any more arduous to do so or a financial burden. Why wouldn't a guy take the extra safety measures. Life's short.

The other reason's I was suggesting 2 tents is clutter, organization and it sure is nice to "retire" to a sleeping area away from the main "hub". I've yet to be in a camp when everyone grabs their teddy bear and blankee at the same time.

just my .02

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Cocadori
Not all that much BS. Hang out in griz country and get back to me. You can't be too careful. If you cook and sleep in the same tent it's nearly impossible to remove all smells. If you are it would behoove you to hang all your outer gear away from the cooking smells and tent area.

As I stated, I don't liven in grizzly coutry.
Avoid strong cooking odors,but run of the mill, won't bother much if you watch the wind while hunting.Which all should do no mater waht. Elk don't care if you smell a bunch or a little.If they smell you at all,they are gone.

Last edited by saddlesore; 09/25/12.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
M
M
Echoing the others. I have a Davis 14x16 with traditional pole setup and we have used it for 3 seasons so far with 2-4 people in it depending on year. It is cozy at 4 but big enough. Wouldn't be big enough for more than 4 IMO unless use bunk cots. No regrets with size on my part.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 33 invisible), 1,751 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,468
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.