Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wyliec
....maybe some LIBRIUM or THROAZINE...???

If Oswald's shooting was as bad as your spelling, JFK would have died of old age.

Lol

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
WBill, it's very simple. Pull the bullet, put it in a vise, cut an x in the base with a hacksaw, re-seat it backwards,......shrapnel. wink grin

Last edited by eyeball; 09/25/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a neat trick for up close shots.

Have you ever done that and tried to hit a paper plate 50 or more yards away?

I have, doesn't work to well and I sure as hell wouldn't use it if I were attempting to assassinate a President....

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Damn. I forgot the smiley John.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Still no reasonable answer as to why these 2 bullets performed so differently other than, "bullets do weird stuff."

Oh Please. The first bullet passed through nothing but the soft tissue of Kennedys lower neck. The second stuck the solid bone of his skull. Two entirely different mediums there.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Originally Posted by wyliec
....maybe some LIBRIUM or THROAZINE...???

If Oswald's shooting was as bad as your spelling, JFK would have died of old age.

Lol

What can I say...meds were wearing off...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Jesse Ventura??? The ultimate Troopher?? LOL, keerist I've you would have cited the tooth fairy you'd have more credibility. That shot was a piece of cake and anybody who's acutally been there and seen just how small that place is would have no question the shots could have been made with a slingshot.
You didn't watch it. It's clear from your response.

Calling me a liar won't change things. Of course I watched the video as I have the countless others by folks with a LOT more credibility than that kook and it was a QED deal for them. I suspect you get a woodie for all these konspiracy kookeries, but you owe it to yourself to actually VISIT Deely Plaza and see what you are dealing with in terms of sight picture, ranges, etc. I deal in FACTS, not this "I heard the Carcano wouldn't hold zero" bullshit you seem to present as gospel.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Raisuli
How would you account for the FACT that the photographer that took Oswald's picture wincing at the exact moment he was allegedly shot say that he saw not a speck of blood anywhere?
Assuming this is true, what is it that you believe this fact implies, exactly?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[/quote]I'm betting jorge never takes you up on that bet. [/quote]

Wow, that's twice in ONE WEEK you've gotten something right. If you had any capability to reason and among other things, read the post above this one where a multitude of experts proved the shots were not impossible, I'm going to waste my precious off time in going to visit some kook (with guns and probably a shovel) three states aways to prove a silly internet argument. So yeah, safe bet.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillWild
SteveNO ...Granted the rifle could have been damaged before the FBI got their shot at shootin it....I'll say that is a possibility..,..My Father said "nothin is impossible , YOU CAN STRETCH A REDBUGGS AZZ OVER A CROSSTIE IF YOU CAN FIND THE RIGHT LUBE" So usein that line of reasonin it is possible the scope was damaged by dropin the Rifle behind some Boxes
If that is true...it is also true that the rifle could have been shootin 2 ft high and 3 ft right before it was droped and dropin corrected the scope to the few inches high and right ....So all we know for sure is the POA and the POI are not the same ...Remmy 722s shoot good , in those days They were cheap for a Hand thinkin of takein down a President...I would have tried for a Model 70....I will say this, " If you weren't around in the early 1960s YOU TALKIN THRU YOUR AZZ IF YOU THINK THE TEN DOLLAR JAP SCOPES WERE WORTH PUTTIN ON ANY RIFLE ...i NEVER SAW ONE THAT WOULD HOLD ZERO, FEW COULD BE ZEROED TO BEGINN WITH AND REMEMBER , SOME OF yOU WANT TO CREDIT A "DUD" (LHO) WITH PRATICE....THE SCOPE WOULDN'T LAST THRU HALF A BOX OF AMMO

Wild Bill

I wouldn't buy one, but those scoped combos sold like hot cakes off the back pages of every gun magazine. So Oswald used a cheap gun that no professional assassin would use....OK, so? Doesn't that tend to disprove some complex conspiracy, which would have tricked him out with proper gear, and support the lone nut theory? Or was some Spetznaz shooter with a Draganov hiding in another window?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
How would you account for the FACT that the photographer that took Oswald's picture wincing at the exact moment he was allegedly shot say that he saw not a speck of blood anywhere?

Here's the article.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Have read Posner`s book. He wouldn`t last long in a debate with me.

Can't argue with a not ghost.

You goofy [bleep].

Travis
....Hey Travis...Or do they call you Travy!

Isn`t that name kinda gay?? I mean if someone with a hairlip comes along they may call you Travisthhhhhh???

A "goofy [bleep]" among many others, is one name you`ll never have the pleasure of saying directly to my face!

As usual, you are quite the im-mature piece of crap.

My name is Dave. You goofy [bleep].

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
SteveNO ...Granted the rifle could have been damaged before the FBI got their shot at shootin it....I'll say that is a possibility..,..My Father said "nothin is impossible , YOU CAN STRETCH A REDBUGGS AZZ OVER A CROSSTIE IF YOU CAN FIND THE RIGHT LUBE" So usein that line of reasonin it is possible the scope was damaged by dropin the Rifle behind some Boxes
If that is true...it is also true that the rifle could have been shootin 2 ft high and 3 ft right before it was droped and dropin corrected the scope to the few inches high and right ....So all we know for sure is the POA and the POI are not the same ...Remmy 722s shoot good , in those days They were cheap for a Hand thinkin of takein down a President...I would have tried for a Model 70....I will say this, " If you weren't around in the early 1960s YOU TALKIN THRU YOUR AZZ IF YOU THINK THE TEN DOLLAR JAP SCOPES WERE WORTH PUTTIN ON ANY RIFLE ...i NEVER SAW ONE THAT WOULD HOLD ZERO, FEW COULD BE ZEROED TO BEGINN WITH AND REMEMBER , SOME OF yOU WANT TO CREDIT A "DUD" (LHO) WITH PRATICE....THE SCOPE WOULDN'T LAST THRU HALF A BOX OF AMMO

Wild Bill

I wouldn't buy one, but those scoped combos sold like hot cakes off the back pages of every gun magazine. So Oswald used a cheap gun that no professional assassin would use....OK, so? Doesn't that tend to disprove some complex conspiracy, which would have tricked him out with proper gear, and support the lone nut theory? Or was some Spetznaz shooter with a Draganov hiding in another window?

Steve,

Some people think 80yds. is a tough shot. The ones that don't shoot much...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Nice start to the morning Dave.

John

Last edited by ingwe; 09/26/12.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Am I immature if reading "goofy [bleep]" still makes me laugh?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Here's the article.
"Jackson's startling revelation adds fuel to the fire of researchers who claimed Oswald was never shot by Ruby, but later killed by CIA operatives in the ambulance after Oswald was sedated against his will."

I'd never heard that one before.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
jorge1....didn't expect You to come over three states..if there was a range three feet away from You I wouldn't expect You to take the bet....I've been lookin for a Hand that could make head shots with that rifle ever since the shootin happened.All I hear is it is an easy shot , 13 year old can do it , 30 30 can do it "I'm still waitin for that Mythical shooter to do it. Col Charles Askins said LHO couldn't do it with that rifle.....Bill Jordan said no....Mr Jim Clark Sr. another No.....AND....I NEVER HEARD EITHER OF THE AFOREMENTIONED SAY ONE WORD ABOUT A CONSPRIACY

SteveNo...in a recent post You alude to the Conspriacy but You really don't know where I stand on that do You ? Go back thru what I've written, all My mispellin , which must not be a big detirent You've got a good handle on the points I was tryin to make ,show me one thing that I brought up about a conspriacy...My writein has all been about the Carcano and the scope , some of LHOs background in shootin..All You "JARHEADS" and I say that with the greatest respect for You HANDS , what is Your opinion of LHO...dud or MARINE

Far as My spellin goes.....Again bring Your azzs to My shop , Crank up My Tig torch and weld up a crack in an alm. radiator....fire up my lincoln 200 , we'll put some pipe in the six G position , You run a root pass with 5P , hot pass with 3/32 lo hi , cap with 7018.....build a fire in the forge show Me You can forgeweld some steel into the so called Damascus....Go to My lathe, dial the bore of a rifle barrel to .0001 ,both ends , point is, I do enough better than most that I don't need to spell or write real good

One more Time to all of You that want to call Me a conspiracy KOOK because I won't let You PIZZ a yellow PIZZ from diseased kidneys down My neck and MAKE ME beleive it is COLD SWEET SPRANG WATER , I haven't said YEA or NAY as to whether LHO acted alone or No.....That is a whole nother book...

I know some think I hammer on the "somebody"
makein those shots again ( aand that brings up another book, can WE prove how many shots were actually fired , what do We have to go on, a recordin from a Cops motorcycle mike ) Untill We could go back to Dallas and set the stage up as exact as posible, use the same rifle etc., HEll , I ain't got time for much more of this , should have been in the shop at daylight

Wild Bill

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Okay DAVE....I can make a headshot at 80 yds with the last Remmy 700 I built for Myself ...That is a given...$1200 Leopold scope ,Mcillion stock ,24oz trigger....I could pick the hair I wanted to hit....I'll say I could make a head shot out to 400yds with this rifle and compared to Hands that I shoot with I don't consider Myself a good shot....BUT thats not what LHO used....rough bolt, FBI says "RUSTY BORE, WOULD NEED 20 SHOTS FRIED THRU THE BORE TO CLEAN IT" (WTH)...POA DIFFERS FROM POI

Wild Bill

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
jorge1....didn't expect You to come over three states..if there was a range three feet away from You I wouldn't expect You to take the bet....I've been lookin for a Hand that could make head shots with that rifle ever since the shootin

Wild Bill

Well here's a CLUE as to why maybe I wouldn't take the bet of coming over to kooksville to shoot with you but maybe you can talk TRH into it:

Originally Posted by djs

From WikiPedia: (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy_assassination_rifle#FBI_tests )

"FBI tests

The FBI tests of the Carcano's accuracy showed:

1) FBI firearms expert Robert A. Frazier testified that "It is a very accurate weapon. The targets we fired show that."[65] From 15 yards (14 m), all three bullets in a test firing landed approximately 2� inches high, and 1-inch (25 mm) to the right, in the area about the size of a dime.[66] At 100 yards (91 m), the test shots landed 2� to 5 inches (130 mm) high, within a 3 to 5-inch (130 mm) circle. Frazier testified that the scope's high variation would actually work in the shooter's favor: with a target moving away from the shooter, no "lead" correction would have been necessary to follow the target. "At that range, at that distance, 175 feet (53 m) to 265 feet (81 m),[67] with this rifle and that telescopic sight, I would not have allowed any lead � I would not have made any correction for lead merely to hit a target of that size."

2) The rifle couldn't be "sighted-in" using the scope without installing two metal shims (small metal plates), which were not present when the rifle arrived for testing, and were never found.[68] Frazier testified that there was "a rather severe scrape" on the scope tube, and that the sight could have been bent or damaged. He was unable to determine when the defect occurred before the FBI received the rifle and scope on November 27, 1963.
Ballistics Research Laboratory tests

In an effort to test the rifle under conditions that matched the assassination, the Infantry Weapons Evaluation Branch of the U.S. Army's Ballistics Research Laboratory had expert riflemen fire the assassination weapon from a tower at three silhouette targets at distances of 175, 240, and 265 feet (81 m).[69] Using the assassination rifle mounted with the telescopic sight, three marksmen, rated as master by the National Rifle Association, each fired two series of three shots. In the first series the firers required time spans of 4.6, 6.75, and 8.25 seconds respectively. On the second series they required 5.15, 6.45, and 7 seconds. The marksmen took as much time as they wanted for the first target at 175 feet (53 m), and all hit the target. For the first four attempts, the firers missed the second shot at 240 feet (73 m) by several inches. Five of the six shots hit the third target at 265 feet (81 m), the distance of President Kennedy from the sixth floor window when he was struck in the head.[70] None of the marksmen had any practice with the assassination weapon beforehand except to work the bolt.

CBS conducted a firing test in 1967 at the H. P. White Ballistics Laboratory located in Street, Maryland. For the test 11 marksmen from diverse backgrounds were invited to participate: 3 Maryland State Troopers, 1 weapons engineer, 1 sporting goods dealer, 1 sportsman, 1 ballistics technician, 1 ex-paratrooper, and 3 H. P. White employees. CBS provided several Carcano rifles for the test. The MC rifle WC-139 was not used in this test. The targets were color coded orange for head/shoulder silhouette and blue for a near miss. The results of the CBS test were as follows: 7 of 11 shooters were able to fire three rounds under 5.6 seconds (64%). Of those 7 shooters, 6 hit the orange target once (86%), and 5 hit the orange target twice (71%). Out of 60 rounds fired, 25 hit the orange (42%), 21 hit the blue portion of the target (35%), and there were 14 misses on the target (23%).

One volunteer was unable to operate his rifle effectively so the following statistics are based on the 10 remaining shooters. The average time of all 10 was 5.64 seconds. The mode was 5.55 seconds and the mean was 5.70 seconds. The average for the top five shooters was 5.12 seconds, and for the bottom five shooters 6.16 seconds. There was a high occurrence of jamming during the test. On average the rifles jammed after 6 rounds. The most rounds fired without jamming were 14, 11, 10 in a row. The least was 0 (back to back).

The first shooter to lead off the experiment was Al Sherman, Maryland State Trooper. The record of his effort: 5.0 sec: 2 orange, 1 blue / 6.0 sec: 2 orange, 1 blue / NT (jam at 3rd cartridge)/ 5.2 sec: 1 orange, 2 low / 5.0 sec: 1 orange, 2 blue. Sherman was able to fire 8 rounds before his rifle jammed. Of all shooters, the fastest times were: 4.1 sec, 4.3 sec, 4.9 sec, 5.0 sec. The best accuracy was 3 orange in 5.2 seconds. The rifles were oiled and allowed to cool down between shooters. CBS reporter Dan Rather attended this experiment.

During the investigation by the House Select Committee on Assassinations (1976�1978), the lead attorneys for the Committee, Robert Blakey and Gary Cornwell, were allowed to use WC-139 at an FBI firing range. The attorneys wanted to see how fast the bolt action could be operated. Blakey was able to fire two rounds in 1.5 seconds and Cornwell fired two rounds in 1.2 seconds. This was an experiment to test a possible theory that Oswald in his excitement may have pointed and fired, as opposed to aimed and fired. Some critics of the Warren Commission had claimed it was impossible to fire a Carcano rifle in less than 2.3 seconds. Both the CBS and HSCA tests proved conclusively this claim is not accurate.[71]"

Do you have vast quantities of food stored? do you avoid the consumption of fluorinated water? Do you shower with a pistol? just curious..

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

689 members (160user, 12344mag, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,844
Posts18,496,883
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.