Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
my mtn feist Emmy Lou, aka *EL* for short, can do the darndest things.

she can walk forward like any ordinary dog. Yes! and she can walk backwards too. not every dog can do that.

a backward walking dog, what a thrill. i won't get into the dry humour of dog spelt backwards. grin

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It's funny, baptism, argued to the the inth degree... and yet Jesus told the criminal on the cross next to him, he would be with him, no strings attached.
There was a string, the only string, Faith, and the thief had that.

The thief on the cross is an excellent example showing religion replacing relationship in Christian thought. Paul clarified a lot of those difficulties and nuances, too, I believe. I've never noticed where he contradicted Jesus, and would be interested if you cared to point some out.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RickyD
I've never noticed where he contradicted Jesus, and would be interested if you cared to point some out.

Really? and I'm not being sarcastic as usual, I know my faults but I'm puzzled knowing you take your scriptures seriously.

Before I'd go back into verse and chapter as it's been years since I have and not interested now let's discuss generalities.

Are Paul's letters and writings, which are about half the New Testament, God's literal word or 'The word of God'... or are they individual inspiration/enlightenment/teachings. When the Thessalonians were concerned about those that died before Christ's return, was Paul's answer God's answer... or Paul's appeasement.

When Paul said this was God talking through him?... Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God�s law but am under Christ�s law), so as to win those not having the law.

There have been other forward prophets, why are they different than Paul?

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=krp There have been other forward prophets, why are they different than Paul? Kent [/quote]

Thanks, for all your posts on this thread so far Kent. I have a friend who is LDS and says the same. Makes sense to me. Pre-Jesus, (if we are to believe the Bible) God sent many prophets. Did we quit needing further guidance and instruction? Or perhaps those who can't "get the message" as it was recorded +/- 2000 years ago don't need to get a more modern version?

I thought this was going to be a thread about dogs going to heaven. Little did I know!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
There are two legged dogs.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by krp
Animals have a sixth sense about the spiritual/supernatural...

Dog say's... Jesus told me steelie is safe... but Ingwe's [bleep]...

[Linked Image]

No worries, Ingwe has a protector now...though his pseudonym is 'Satan'... grin

[Linked Image]

I love those ears. On both dogs!

Ingwe, is "Satan" a Malinois, Tervuren, or am I in the wrong country of origin entirely? Whatever kind, one could bet (and win) that I'm not coming around your place without an invite!

Not sure if having 27 would make the passing of any one any easier, it's hard for me even when a friend's or acquaintance's dog passes. However, I'd have 26 left to commiserate with, which I see as a good thing.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or perhaps those who can't "get the message" as it was recorded +/- 2000 years ago don't need to get a more modern version?

"Beloved, while I was making every effort to write to you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints."

There is nothing to add to the faith. The difference in later prophets and Apostle Paul is he made no mistake, krp's opinion not withstanding, and the later one did.

He makes an assertion that Apostle Paul contradicts Jesus and can't come up with any. That is normal for his kind.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
My kind... lol... Jesus thought it was funny too.

You never answered if Paul's word's were the literal word's of God.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who cares what Muslims and atheists think about Christianity?

LMAO!

All American

All the time
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Jesus might... but he's pragmatic...

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you think you can do more to hammer (ridicule) Christians and Christianity than Muslims?

All American

All the time
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Hard to surpass Christians at hammering other Christians and Christianity.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The shallowness of your understanding is what's... LMAO... That the baseline of whether Paul's words are teachings or actual words of God must be at least stated before I will debate anything... I've quit debating fools on fallacy... was Paul a self proclaimed Apostle born after Christ or a church building teacher as in a super Billy Graham. I can accept one and not the other because of my belief of Jesus's life example.

It's simple... the criminal on the cross recognized Jesus, expressed hope not necessarily faith, and asked Jesus a question and got an answer.

Same answer I believe I've gotten from my brother.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by carbon12
Hard to surpass Christians at hammering other Christians and Christianity.

Well said. 'Christians' have done more damage to Christianity than any other group.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That the baseline of whether Paul's words are teachings or actual words of God must be at least stated

Apostle Paul claims what he wrote are God's Word. If they aren't then why should anyone listen to anything he has to say?

was Paul a self proclaimed Apostle born after Christ or a church building teacher as in a super Billy Graham.

This a question is like, did you stop beating your wife. Perhaps Apostle Paul was born after Christ, we don't have that info. So what. Apostle Paul was accepted by the other apostles in Acts 15. And Apostle Paul established lots of churches.

It's simple... the criminal on the cross recognized Jesus, expressed hope not necessarily faith, and asked Jesus a question and got an answer.

You display so much confidence in something you can not know you appear arrogant. What is your basis for determining the criminal on the cross was not exhibiting faith?

Everyday Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God�s law but am under Christ�s law), so as to win those not having the law.

Are those God's words or Paul's, if they are Paul's then some of the new testament isn't God's words.

Paul was a church builder no doubt, you are repeating me. The issue of the rapture (Paul's letter to the Thessalonians) that I reference above is why I referenced it. Are those God's words or Paul's answer of convenience to their fears? I didn't bring up the rapture, tribulations, apocalypses in this thread... but my commentary, even forward prophets, is directly related and if you knew your scripture you would know why.

Luke 23:39-43

New International Version (NIV)

39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: �Aren�t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!�

40 But the other criminal rebuked him. �Don�t you fear God,� he said, �since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.�

42 Then he said, �Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[a]�

43 Jesus answered him, �Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.�

At least this is topical to Christ, whether the translation is 100% or not, the message is clear and simple... no arrogance on my part, but I am confident in what I understood.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are those God's words or Paul's, if they are Paul's then some of the new testament isn't God's words.

You are saying, "if". You are, by faith, thinking more highly of yourself than you should. You are not accepting Apostle Paul's writing. He claims:

"And for this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received from us the Word of God's message, you accept not the word often, but what It really is the word of God, which also performs Its work n you who believe."

if you knew your scripture you would know why.

Whether I know Scripture or not, I am still in the dark as to why you say the criminal didn't exercise faith.

"Now faith is the assurance of things hope for, the conviction of things no seen."

Everyday Hunter
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
My Dad would get pissed at something or someone and more than once exclaim loudly: "Jesus H. Christ!!!"

He is long since come and gone from this place so I cannot ask him. Does anyone of you knowledgeable Church folk know for sure what the "H." is for?

Thanks!

Last edited by fatjack34; 09/30/12.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Howard.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Phiilipians 1:15-18

15 To be sure, some preach Christ out of envy and strife, but others out of good will. 16 These do so out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel; 17 the others proclaim Christ out of rivalry, not sincerely, seeking to cause me anxiety in my imprisonment. 18 What does it matter? Just that in every way, whether out of false motives or true, Christ is proclaimed. And in this I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice.

Frankly, the OP and all y'all can keep it up, however you feel comfortable.

Just keep talking about the Lord and someone, somewhere will get it.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 20 invisible), 1,614 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,286
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.