-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
remember, dinkygirl doesn't eat anything she shoots.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Did a DYI antelope hunt in WY . Purchased one buck and four doe tags.

Entire trip ran around $1000. Butchered, boned out quarters and put meat on ice every time I shot an animal. Meat was mild and great tasting.

One day spent shooting praire dogs.

One of the funnest hunts in my life. Saw a lot of wildlife met wonderful people saw new country. Where else in the world can you put something like that together for a $1000?

Taking 2 kids to a pro football game will run you over $200 easy for a few hours of entertainment.

I would go back just to shoot does because it is beautiful country and a great experience. Bringing my recurve next time I go.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't tasted anything better than antelope, yet. But then again we don't let 'em cook in the back of the truck in 90 degree heat either.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ribka
Did a DYI antelope hunt in WY . Purchased one buck and four doe tags.

Entire trip ran around $1000. Butchered, boned out quarters and put meat on ice every time I shot an animal. Meat was mild and great tasting.

One day spent shooting praire dogs.

One of the funnest hunts in my life. Saw a lot of wildlife met wonderful people saw new country. Where else in the world can you put something like that together for a $1000?

Taking 2 kids to a pro football game will run you over $200 easy for a few hours of entertainment.

I would go back just to shoot does because it is beautiful country and a great experience. Bringing my recurve next time I go.

If I where to go antelope hunting I would have a large cooler with ice in it ready to go.
I do the same thing with deer in my home state during the early bow season.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
If Wyoming chooses to raise their tag fees...that is Wyomings business. Same for MT,ID,UT,NM,WA,OR,etc,etc. If a person does not approve, they then should stay home or hunt elsewhere. Dink starts these rants to get his rear end chewed by forum members. It is my content that he whines merely to see his rant in print. Damn foolish rant at best!

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Bwalker I am glad that you can look at things like that but I have to look at the (real) cost.

I don't know how any argue that a antelope does not stink. I know guys that like to eat them but they still stink.

Dink

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by MTGunner
If Wyoming chooses to raise their tag fees...that is Wyomings business. Same for MT,ID,UT,NM,WA,OR,etc,etc. If a person does not approve, they then should stay home or hunt elsewhere. Dink starts these rants to get his rear end chewed by forum members. It is my content that he whines merely to see his rant in print. Damn foolish rant at best!

I have max points in Wyoming so its kinda my business. If they would have stated that tag prices were going to increase %30 to %40 percent in few years I would have not have bought them.

At least the citzens did not vote it in.

Dink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never come across a dead critter and though, "Wow, I wish I could buy that scent in a little green bottle at Macys."

Wild animals generally don't smell fantastic?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For me anyway, I'll be going back as long as I can just to be back in Wyoming. Great place & the hunting has been a blast. Not to mention all the people I've met there have all treated me pretty darn well.
I have 3 deer preference points and hope to put them to use maybe next year or after.

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 09/30/12.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Tanner
I've never come across a dead critter and though, "Wow, I wish I could buy that scent in a little green bottle at Macys."

Wild animals generally don't smell fantastic?

Cows aren't the most pleasant smelling critter, but I can dig a prime rib...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DINK

I have max points in Wyoming so its kinda my business. If they would have stated that tag prices were going to increase %30 to %40 percent in few years I would have not have bought them.

Wow.

You expect things to stay the same price forever.

You really are stupid about financial matters.. eek

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Too bad you can't sell them to me DINK. I don't have a problem with states charging high prices to NR hunters, keeps out the rif-raf. I'm at max on deer, but I'd buy the others off ya for what you have into 'em. Some guys spend lots of money on booze, golf, fishing, etc., I spend my disposable income on hunting. I guess I don't understand why you complain about the price of licenses so much, I have an enourmous amount of money tied up in gear, reloading supplies, firearms, etc., etc. A $1400 WY elk license is expensive, but not out reach and nothing at all compared to what a lot of guys spend on recreation.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
No, Wyomings business is not yours. Nor do or should they have to inform you in advance of changed policies or fees. BTW, it is not your state and you do not pay taxes in Wyoming, live in Wyoming, nor have a say in the business of Wyoming or any other state that you do not reside. Once again you are infering that nonresident hunters should have a say regarding other states business and policies. Sort of like what liberals feel about others life styles and how they should live their lives as liberals do and think others should do. This entire rant is merely another piss and moan session for you. "Boo hoo, whoa is me" is your entire rant. Deal with it, or find another hobby! MTG over and out!!

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by ranger1
Too bad you can't sell them to me DINK. I don't have a problem with states charging high prices to NR hunters, keeps out the rif-raf. I'm at max on deer, but I'd buy the others off ya for what you have into 'em. Some guys spend lots of money on booze, golf, fishing, etc., I spend my disposable income on hunting. I guess I don't understand why you complain about the price of licenses so much, I have an enourmous amount of money tied up in gear, reloading supplies, firearms, etc., etc. A $1400 WY elk license is expensive, but not out reach and nothing at all compared to what a lot of guys spend on recreation.

I don't have problem with paying more for tag but when is it enough?

I also have piles of money in guns, glass and reloading crap. The difference is I choose to buy things that say Sako,Swarovski and Zeiss on the side of them. No one has to buy any of them to hunt. One must buy the tag to hunt.

Your big on preserving the heritage of hunting. You going to buy a $1400 elk tag for yours son or does he have to stay home?

Dink

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L

The difference is I choose to buy things that say Sako,Swarovski and Zeiss on the side of them. No one has to buy any of them to hunt.

You buy expensive European gear but complain about paying what is required for the management of our wildlife? Yah, that makes complete sense. crazy More deer, antelope and elk for the rest of us.

Nels
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll be buying him the youth version and hopefully he'll be going with. I roof houses and do chainsaw carvings as additional sources of income so that I can do these things. If you really want to do it, then a 21% increase isn't going to stop you.

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by LittleCanyonCreek

The difference is I choose to buy things that say Sako,Swarovski and Zeiss on the side of them. No one has to buy any of them to hunt.

You buy expensive European gear but complain about paying what is required for the management of our wildlife? Yah, that makes complete sense. crazy More deer, antelope and elk for the rest of us.

I am not afraid to buy nice stuff that I want to buy.

Do you really think all this money is manage wildlife? Do you think it takes a additional $40,000 A DAY?

I think you forgot the smiley faces.

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by ranger1
I'll be buying him the youth version and hopefully he'll be going with. I roof houses and do chainsaw carvings as additional sources of income so that I can do these things. If you really want to do it, then a 21% increase isn't going to stop you.

I wish the increase was 21% but when I do the math it's a lot closer to 40%.

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I choose to buy things that say Sako,Swarovski and Zeiss on the side of them. No one has to buy any of them to hunt. One must buy the tag to hunt.

TFF!!

You just can't make chit like this up..

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MTGunner

At least the citzens did not vote it in.

Dink

I have an open invite to hunt Missouri. So I remain perfectly content.

Just wanted to update everyone.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

708 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 10ring1, 007FJ, 85 invisible), 2,647 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,728
Posts18,494,807
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.