Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone ever use this?

http://www.target.com/webapp/wcs/st...hone-charger-black-pp-3aaap/-/A-14265295

Looks to be a easy way to have a charged phone in case of an emergency.

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Have not used that model but have used ones that use 2 AA batteries that work fine. I just carry a few extra batteries and I am good to go!!

Ted
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I have used the one I mentioned above but normally carry two of these for my phone

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Inst...1-2&keywords=duracell+iphone+battery

they are light and work great, I paid around $15 each and will bring a dead iphone back up.

Ted
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn. I wish this thread had come up 2 weeks ago. Didn't realize those existed; I'd have been all over that. I was using my iPhone for a GPS with satellite photo overlay on the hike in to some coordinates, and used up 3/4 of my battery on the hike in. Basically left my phone turned off in the tent the rest of the pack trip to preserve it as a safety device.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by old_willys
I have used the one I mentioned above but normally carry two of these for my phone

they are light and work great, I paid around $15 each and will bring a dead iphone back up.

That one is more versatile if another guy had a different kind of phone. Are these good for only 1 charge, or can you get more out of them?

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am using a New Trent charger, very impressed with it. Weighs 11 oz., and will charge my I-phone 5-7 times, per my testing.

Brent

M
M
Originally Posted by Brent13
I am using a New Trent charger, very impressed with it. Weighs 11 oz., and will charge my I-phone 5-7 times, per my testing.

Brent

I use a Trent charger too. I have the 5600 mah one so only get 2-3 charges.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by KCBighorn
Originally Posted by old_willys

That one is more versatile if another guy had a different kind of phone. Are these good for only 1 charge, or can you get more out of them?

It will charge up your phone (any phone with an USB cable) once per charge is the phone is below 20 %.

I have never timed how long it takes to recharge them but its less than an hour, they can be recharged many times!

Ted
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have both a battery pack and a solar panel charger, much prefer the panel to the pack, although it doesn't work so hot when it's dark. smile

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
- Abraham Lincoln, the Rail Splitter from Illinois.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have never use this kind of phone charger.Looking interesting.

White Carbon plus 60-70# RKT 31.5" draw
40-50# digital scale SpiralX 31" draw
IC B3

C
COR Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Damn. I wish this thread had come up 2 weeks ago. Didn't realize those existed; I'd have been all over that. I was using my iPhone for a GPS with satellite photo overlay on the hike in to some coordinates, and used up 3/4 of my battery on the hike in. Basically left my phone turned off in the tent the rest of the pack trip to preserve it as a safety device.

Use "airplane" mode when you are just relying on the GPS function. It will help save your battery and you can turn it back off when you need the phone. Just an FYI.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would think that a solar panel would be a more versatile piece, but really never looked into it much.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brent13

Brent

I looked that one up online, it seems to be the best bang for the buck. Thanks for the heads up.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
I would think that a solar panel would be a more versatile piece, but really never looked into it much.

I did too, but all of the reviews I read were mixed.

And like was said, if you need to charge your phone at night your screwed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where we hunt an equally useful accessory is a rock. It works as well as a phone up there, makes a better paper weight/tent peg pounder, and you can pick one up as you go so you don't have to carry it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Where we hunt an equally useful accessory is a rock. It works as well as a phone up there, makes a better paper weight/tent peg pounder, and you can pick one up as you go so you don't have to carry it.

one word: Iridium

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,399 guests, and 806 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,505
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.