-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My pain was somehow related to whenever it rained or snowed . My Orthopedic Surgeon says he was taught there is no correlation to the weather , but he says his Patients have convinced him otherwise .

there is no evidence showing that changes in air pressure should cause pain.....HOWEVER i am the most sensitive barometer known to man kind, definitely more sensitive than anything NOAA has crazy sudden summer thunderstorms [bleep] suck cry

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
also have to psych myself up to board a plane.....pressurized cabin my arse.....first time i was on a plane after they got bad my wife watched me damn near stand straight up in my seat at take off.....seat belt damn near didnt hold me back crazy

Last edited by rattler; 10/11/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Tngirl, best to you. I hope the spinal cord stimulation works. Like I said all these techniques including acupuncture, massage, hydro-therapy, and etc., won't work for everybody but some one of these including different meds, surgery, PT, chiropractic will work for most folks. That includes the injections which by the way are not a cure for any of these problems, but rather a treatment of the symptoms, which when it works can be fairly dramatic.

Best to all you folks struggling with these problems. Probably one of the best things is finding a doc who actually can empathize with you so you can tell he/she cares and is not going through the motions. It's a huge problem--had four patients today and the same tomorrow at an hour a piece and then surgery patients in addition.

As I am always telling my girls, "keep your chins up," 'cause being a "the glass is half full type of guy", I believe there are better days ahead.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
definitely.....plus especially with backs, they are so complex the same injury in two people to the same disk but a millimeters apart can make the situation for the individuals very different....definitely no one solution fits all....my back doc insisted i see a chiro first before he would operate cause he said a chiro had a 50-50 shot at making me better.....

a good doc that understands chronic pain is necessary aswell.....took me a bit to find a decent one close to home that can see me on a regular basis for my knee pain...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
disk died about 8 years ago doc said i needed surgery i was in a wheel chair they said i had 3 choises 1 was surgery of my spine but if they made any mistakes i would be in the chair the rest of my life 2 was do nothing pain would get worse and i would be on heavy meds 24,7 3 all would go well and i would have limited mobility and pain flare ups on ocasion but better than it was
took qption 3 and worked out well as promised i am disabled cant work and it hurts like hell somtimes and am glad for all of it i move slow but i move still manage some archery and shooting time with my sons hike the creeks and trails a bit.

please forgive me if i offend anyones morals and sensabilites but i was sceptical of medicinal pot mut as mentiond when the pain comes you will try ANYTHING to get some relife paio pills make you dopy and you cant poop but a little pot mixed in the pipe tobaco helps out and you can still function it dont git rid of it by any means but it does make it managable.
(please pardon the spelling too lazy too get my specs)

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
as i side note as too cold and wether making no difference thats horse hockey the colder it gets the more it hurts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rmorgan736
disk died about 8 years ago doc said i needed surgery i was in a wheel chair they said i had 3 choises 1 was surgery of my spine but if they made any mistakes i would be in the chair the rest of my life 2 was do nothing pain would get worse and i would be on heavy meds 24,7 3 all would go well and i would have limited mobility and pain flare ups on ocasion but better than it was
took qption 3 and worked out well as promised i am disabled cant work and it hurts like hell somtimes and am glad for all of it i move slow but i move still manage some archery and shooting time with my sons hike the creeks and trails a bit.

please forgive me if i offend anyones morals and sensabilites but i was sceptical of medicinal pot mut as mentiond when the pain comes you will try ANYTHING to get some relife paio pills make you dopy and you cant poop but a little pot mixed in the pipe tobaco helps out and you can still function it dont git rid of it by any means but it does make it managable.
(please pardon the spelling too lazy too get my specs)

never understood the mentality that it was ok for a doc to give yah enough morphine to just make yah sit and drool on yourself but using marijuana is a horrible idea....and it most definitely works for this kind of nerve pain for some people and often in far smaller dose than getting "stoned".....

used some to get relief the last few weeks before my back surgery and it worked very well, a lil before bed and the effect lasted until late afternoon the next day.....didnt totally get rid of the pain but knocked it back to manageable and i could go to work.....

havent used it for my knee pain though, soon as i had the back surgery and that pain was gone i quit......ive got a business and people counting on me and the feds can be pricks.....my house is well within a 100 feet of a school zone.....not worth the risk to me at the moment so i stick to what pills my doc recommends....

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by boy1
Tngirl , looks like you've tried just about everything ....have you tried Acupuncture ? Did not work for my bone-on-bone pain , but worked great on some shoulder nerve pain I had for years when only Cortisone worked every 6 Months . Went to a Chinese Acupuncturist who was also an Orthopedic Surgeon in China . 4 or 5 Treatments and the pain was gone ! recurred in about a year and I took another 4 treatments and then all pain gone for years . My pain was somehow related to whenever it rained or snowed . My Orthopedic Surgeon says he was taught there is no correlation to the weather , but he says his Patients have convinced him otherwise . He also says that any Alternative Treatments ( like Acupuncture ) are worth a try . Good Luck and hang in there until you get that implant . Just thought of something else ....German friends wife had to go thru some painful treatments and used Meditation Techniques and some use Music combined . I think you can buy Tapes or CDs on Meditation for pain .

thanks, I dont think meditation would ever work for me! Im one of those people that cant sit still and concentrate on anything for very long!! lol. bout the only thing I can sit still for that long is when Im sewing, and right now that isnt real easy to do. Ive tried the stretching and exercises to strengthin my back muscles as well, was told part of my problem was weak muscles, yeah right, now I know they are weak from lack of use now! my dics they say are fine, my pain is stemming from severe nerve damage. so i guess time will tell.

The Deer Assassin's wife.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 02bfishn, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 16,463 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,204
Posts18,543,622
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.