Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 274 of 2,579 1 2 272 273 274 275 276 2578 2579
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes, I am old enough for miles, and if you belt (okay...idle) around the countryside in an old 4runner the HJ60 will be right up your alley.
If you do visit and chance to wander through the Riverina in NSW, give me a yell and I shall get you access to a couple of properties on the river for a bit of fishing and pigging.
And if you can possibly stand to use old Brno model 21 and ZG47 we can also organise a bit of deer.

And depending on how old and fit you are, we could get you a wee bit of work in the shearing sheds....for a change of pace.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JS, knowing you got "flat" but don't think you got locks on that. We got flat here that makes A-cups look like the Himalayas. That said, Oz and the Land of Kiwis are top of a short list of go to places. Great lands, good folk, even if the gun laws are a bit constraining IMO.

BTW my computer is [bleep] to the tens and a trip to the geek guru looms. Y'all are gonna have to supply your own redheads for a spell.

Snoop Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
BTW my computer is [bleep] to the tens and a trip to the geek guru looms.

Snoop Dan

Hi Dan

You know there are bunch of us computer geeks here -- if you described your problems, one of us might be able to walk you through a fix and save you some money.

John

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by fatjack34

Travis.....one RH coming up!
Now, you're lovin' it!
[Linked Image]

She's lovin' it as well. You can see her plotting which life she will destroy first.

I love her.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DELGUE
[
Sometimes it occurs to me, Travis. Never been there. But I kinda get hung up on the belief (possibly mistaken?) that the cost of living is higher up there, the stuff you gotta buy to get by. And on a fixed retiree's income, I'm just not sure it's the best choice, ya know?

But it is the last real American frontier, and seems like an interesting place, with a rich history, and there are times when it occurs to me to cut and run up there. Not so sure how amenable it is when you become a tired old man.

And going over to see Boxer once in a while strikes me like a ton of fun! grin

I've never been there either. But I want to find my retirement spot within the next five years or so, so I can buy a place/property well before I pull the plug.

I plan on retiring rich, so I think I'd be fine.

But I would never visit Boxer. Lots of people have stated he is an "internet bully", whatever the [bleep] that is... grin

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Boxer,

What are you using to launch the 75's at 3,675? I missed it.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jpb
BTW my computer is [bleep] to the tens and a trip to the geek guru looms.

Snoop Dan

Hi Dan

You know there are bunch of us computer geeks here -- if you described your problems, one of us might be able to walk you through a fix and save you some money.

John

Boots up and the CPU runs 100%...forever. Any click of any key or mouse locks it up...forever. Can't crawl inside to restore or anything else.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sounds like your doohickey is broke.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi Dan

What operating system (e.g. Windows XP, Win 7?)

If you hit F8 just after the bios screen shows, can you load Windows in Safe Mode?

If so, you may be able to restore Windows to the last known good boot... That can often fix things up with very little work.

John

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Boxer,

Travis

Was working up some loads for a Roberts some years ago and launched some 75 VMAX at 3,600 + fps. 85 BTs went 3500+. Seemed a bit high even w/ a 26" barrel. They grouped well regardless.

3700ish is rocking, be it .22s or 6mm 75 gr.

I am..........disturbed.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer
'CUB,

You Amazingly Inept Do Nothing ... you ain't even fair to middlin' in your Imagination.

Here's to your Imagination and to just how badly you need it.

Wow.

I love you Larry.

I'm serious.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
John,

Windows7. Tried restoring via safe mode, but it does not allow for that action.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We don't wanna see pictures of that. Trust me.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Boxer,

Travis

Was working up some loads for a Roberts some years ago and launched some 75 VMAX at 3,600 + fps. 85 BTs went 3500+. Seemed a bit high even w/ a 26" barrel. They grouped well regardless.

3700ish is rocking, be it .22s or 6mm 75 gr.

Used to do the 75 grainers out of the 25-06 @ those speeds.

They kill crows... grin

Travis

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Yes, I am old enough for miles, and if you belt (okay...idle) around the countryside in an old 4runner the HJ60 will be right up your alley.
If you do visit and chance to wander through the Riverina in NSW, give me a yell and I shall get you access to a couple of properties on the river for a bit of fishing and pigging.
And if you can possibly stand to use old Brno model 21 and ZG47 we can also organise a bit of deer.

And depending on how old and fit you are, we could get you a wee bit of work in the shearing sheds....for a change of pace.

Ya know Stu, If I make it down under, I'll have to look ya up... I'd enjoy that! Even the old shearing shed for the change of pace... give you Aussies a chance to laugh at an American trying to emulate an Aussie.....

and an old Brno Model 21 would be more than enough to enjoy... regardless of what I would be shooting it at.. living or stationary....

if ya ever make it stateside I am sure there are a lot of forum members here that would show you the better points of the American public, and some wonderful places...

I've had the honor and privilege to meet some wonderful folks off of this forum in my travels... none have been a disappointment yet, that's for darn sure...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I've never been there either. But I want to find my retirement spot within the next five years or so, so I can buy a place/property well before I pull the plug.

I plan on retiring rich, so I think I'd be fine.

But I would never visit Boxer. Lots of people have stated he is an "internet bully", whatever the [bleep] that is... grin

Travis

AAAAWwwwww Trav,

I think you need to give Schtick a shot...

He's not really an internet bully... that indicates manhood..

I'd tend to think it is more along the lines of an 'internet punk' wannabe... I mean one can constantly see the anger he has to the creator for making him so short... so he thinks he has to compensate by showing how 'manly' he is... and act like he is talking down to almost everyone... and then inventing fantasies about people who 'do nothing'... or 'don't have anything' ... or never 'been anywhere' ......
while the only people that fits are evidently the ones that are 'impressed' by him.. aka his groupies...

besides, knowing your background, I'd think you'd find it funny to have someone get real defiant toward you, while staring you right in the belt buckle... midgets are funny, regardless where they live...

and finally where Schtick is makes him a candyasss by AK standards... ya wanna be real AK Tough, reside up in Point Barrow... use to go out with a gal from up there when I got out of the service...

she tells me, summer was the nicest 15 minutes of the year...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Used to do the 75 grainers out of the 25-06 @ those speeds.

They kill crows...

Drop 10 grains to a 65 grain bullet in a 6 mm or some sort.. like a 243 or 6mm Rem...

those can be pushed a little faster that 3700 fps...

they vaporize crows and prairie dogs pretty well...

the old Sierra 60 grain HP is another goodie...

very accurate, very explosive.. and using some of the 55 grain data, you can launch that one up to 4000 fps also...

turns crows or prairie dogs into raspberry jam, especially within 150 yds or so... not that you'd want to eat it.. unless you are an AK backwoods tough guy like Schmuck feeling the need to impress some lower 48 flatlanders from back east..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Dave"

I thought you were going to live in Havre the rest of your days?

There's a chance I might wind up in Chinook, but that's all I'm saying here.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SLM
Best thread ever .

Calvary to the rescue...

[Linked Image]

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Boxer,

Travis

'flave,

Outta da Poor Boy 6-284. Never had a Green OEM 243Win spout that wouldn't pinhole 105's,but this one punched out to 6-284 is a Keyholing Machine. Should whistle a rod through it,if only as a twist curiousity confirmation.

Pulled it outta dat stock last night and will Retrostalgia it in the Booner Patch ala Walnut Classic and 1" 3.5-10x non-A/O. 75's will kiss and drift the OEM magbox,so I'll burn the Alpha 2 fed Atlas DBM elsewhere(prolly aboard a 7-08AI/162's).

[Linked Image]

The 8" #3 Brux is did,but I doubt the weather will allow me to grab hold of it this week. The 'Plumber followed instructions perfectly.(grin) That barreled action will go in the Urban Sako Hunter and see 105's expressly and just might could become a new mainstay.

[Linked Image]

Have launched a coupla jazillion Hornie 75's in .224,.243 and .257".

All (3) of my 25-284's(22,23 and 24") will make 3700fps+ with both the V-Max and XFB ala '15. My 24" Hart 22-250AI will make 3500fps on the nose with the 75A-Max,my 23" Krieger prefers 'em at 3450. '17 will take the Poor Boy to 3700fps. Have launched lotsa 75's at 4K+ fps ala my various 257Wby's and the 25-06AI ain't no slouch.

The Poor Boy despite bein' Twist Chow,is but 22.5MOA to the 1K yard line,from a 250 zero in The Milford's less than favorable air and 59grs of '22 behind the 75...though it eats a full 10 MOA of 10 MPH wind at that distance. Will use it to form cases and for light hearted pursuits,while slapping schit about. 105's rate buildin' a rifle around and the 75's assuredly do not.

The .243" 75 V-Max's schit profile and generous bearing surface,make an OEM issued Green boxed smooch a breeze,but that's trifle consolation in the grand scheme.

[Linked Image]

No doubt the Rich Boy will steal the show...bein' Poor Boy won't 105. [bleep] it,barrels are cheap.(grin)

DD,

My 22" 25-284 loves the 80TTSX at 3600fps on da nose ala '19,but admittedly '17 is likely a better option...as there's no more room in the case to add more '19. They track it's erector nicely and schit be in deep doo-doo,when I schlep it.

Though dat's a constant Theme.(grin)

'CUB,

Your enthrallment is hardly a "secret". Hop back into the closet,shut the [bleep] up and let the men talk.

You "hard charger".

Laffin'!

Shefire,

I enjoy your Imagination,almost as much as you do and I wish I could effectively communicate just how [bleep] hilarious your Stupidity is. Here's to you doing the best you can,with what amazingly little you have to work with.

The Barrow tidbit was a nice touch and you were REAL close...though Reality is that the sun don' even set for 80 or so days in the summer,which is just a smidge greater in duration than your "15 minutes". That sorta schit you concoct,is almost as [bleep] funny as you trying to talk boolits,barrels or the like. Always a treat to be regaled with all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been. Laffin'!

I reckon it right fitting,that Pretend is so "real" for you. Here's to your Imagination and to just how [bleep] badly you need it. Where do you amazingly inept Do Nothing Dumbphucks come from?!!?

Wow +P+.

BEST Thread ever!

Page 274 of 2,579 1 2 272 273 274 275 276 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugeman, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,098 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,843
Posts18,517,227
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.