Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
All:

If you live there, whats the local word on the street as far as the election? How much is it breaking for Romney? What do you think is going to happen there?

Polls are generally breaking toward Romney, but some of them are wild. Seen a poll today that had Romney up by 14 in MO. Thats big.

RAS

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
not polls, but in Sept I made a cross country trip from Oregon to NH...as far as bumper stickers and bill boards, you wouldn't even think there was an election happening...

same on the way back....

but for the bumper stickers and billboards I saw... I'd say those for Romney outnumbered the Obama ones about 10 to 15 /one for Obama..

don't know where the democrats are spending their money, but it sure wasn't on Bumper sticker and bill boards.... also didn't hear much in the way of Radio Advertisements...

I was pulling a trailer, kinda slow.. but I can report that of the number of cars that either cut me off, or passed me on the right in the breakdown lane.. flipping me the bird as they went by... there wasn't necessarily a lot of that.. until I hit Ohio and PA....up thru NY and Mass....but of the ones that did cut me off or pass me on the breakdown lane... 60% of those had Obama 2012 stickers on them.... and zero for those that might of had a Romney sticker...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From what I have seen here in NC, Romney has a big edge among most folks. Obama just won NC by 14,000 votes last time so I am encouraged and hopeful about the results here.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I've seen less than 1% Obama signs, and 99+% Romney/Ryan signs. Even the O bumper stickers, which were wildly prevalent 4 years ago, are nearly non-existent.

However, I live the the deepest red part of the state. The corner diagonal from me is as blue as it gets. The state mirrors the country, in that counties with 100k+ residents are blue, while the vast majority of the state is red.

I'm really not getting any feeling about which way things will go here, and that worries me. If Ryan could win without OH, that would be a first in a long, long time, if not ever.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
As stated before, I will bet you a Moon Pie and a Coke that NC is squarely in Romney's corner.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've maintained my Wisconsin residency for a reason (well, several actually). A consrvative US Senator, Scott Walker, and several local elections that now have conservatives seated.

Texas was already wise, and didn't the help. >grins<

Romney appeals to the moderates, and leaves the conservatives cold, but what are they gunna do? (which was the strategy all along). With Walker's influence, Wisconsin will probably get as close to sane as this election will allow.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Living in WI - Romney signs outnumber obummer by about 10 to 1 easily. What's also interesting is I see a lot more businesses with them out front. In the past you didn't see that around here. The owners probably had a preference but they'd keep work politic neutral - not anymore.

Me

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Virginia is still a toss up & Obama likely to squeeze out a victory. Virginia is a divided state. Northern Virginia is solidly liberal, mostly due to the government influence, & there are Obama yard signs & bumper stickers every where. The rural West & South are strongly influenced by traditional values & will vote for Romney. The capital, Richmond is mostly minority & supports Obama. The suburban areas strongly support Romney. The Tidewater area is again influenced by government & minority support & slightly tilts in Obamas favor. A strong showing in tonights debate might help in some areas, but nothing will change Northern Virginia.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Couldn't disagree with you more. N Va is most certainly not solidly liberal as the 2010 midterms should strongly imply. Leesburg,Fauquier and now PW will be voting GOP,PW being the key. Tidewater,the major sequestration region of Virginia, is not in support of Obama as the polling clearly suggests.

Where are you getting this information of yours,Ted? Romney is up by 2 in Virginia,according to the most credible polling entities.Is the above simply your opinion?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by teal
Living in WI - Romney signs outnumber obummer by about 10 to 1 easily.
Depends on WHERE you look in WI..

This last Monday evening, the lawn signs on 4th St. in River Falls favored O/B by 10-1.. mad The fools.. 'Course, RF is a big college town so that isn't really much of a surprise..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
big college town so that isn't really much of a surprise..

Ending the complete co-option of public education, and the university system with one political party is job one for any conservative. I don't advocate seeing it swing the other way either. Education must be politically neutral, and it hasn't been in a couple generations.

Prepare for much wailing, and gnashing of teeth. TS.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My boss voted for Obama last time, says he's going Romney this time. Lots of old people down here. I'm hoping they swing the right way.

The prob is the media is so involved in this election as participants rather than neutral reporters that you can't really trust what they report, and in my opinion the polling is suspect as well.

The kid at the McDonalds I go to is an Obama fan. Most people I know are going Romney. I'm praying Romney wins.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mako25

Ending the complete co-option of public education, and the university system with one political party is job one for any conservative. I don't advocate seeing it swing the other way either. Education must be politically neutral, and it hasn't been in a couple generations.

+1

Stush
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I see Wisconsin as even. There's lots of folks out of work, or well below what they used to earn. There's fear that jobs won't come back, and also fear that their entitlements will go away. Most of these folks are also part of the typically uninformed when it comes to the news cycle. They believe propaganda.
Obama and Romney signs are pretty even around here, which is very close to Ryan's home. Many D's that liked Ryan now say they don't since he attached himself to Romney.
There is a chance however, and that in itself gives hope. Last I heard, Chicago (Cook County) was 53-47, which just shows you how much air the hope/change balloon has lost.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
As RISJR and TBEAR stated, northern and Tidewater will decide Va. Down here in the SW mtns it is pretty strongly in Romney's corner with the exception of Blacksburg[Virginia Tech]

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
In my little corner of Colo., 4 years ago I was seeing several yard signs for Obama between work and home and this year there's only one and several Romney signs and I hardly ever see an Obama bumper sticker and 4 years ago, they were every where it seemed.

I can't wait for the election to be over. The boob tube is nearly none stop campaign adds, one right after another...

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by RAS
All:

If you live there, whats the local word on the street as far as the election? How much is it breaking for Romney? What do you think is going to happen there?

It is anyone's to lose here in Iowa. The opinions vary from Slam Dunk for O to Slam Dunk for R and everything in between.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Western part of Va is solid RED.. Rockingham, Shenandoah and Augusta Counties.. But I fear we do not have the population to counter NVA.. As for signs, ~20-1 Romney in our little slice of the state.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everybody I talk to here is just thoroughly disgusted with both candidates.

During previous campaigns, you could be fairly sure of stirring up some kind of a conversation with a comment like, "Reppy sucks!" Somebody would say either, "No, Reppy is great! I love Reppy!" or, "You said it, man; I can't wait to vote for Demmy. I hope Reppy bites the big one."

(Or reverse Reppy and Demmy if that's your thing.)

These days, though, if you say, "Reppy sucks!" you get either a glum, "Well, it's tough to argue with that, but Demmy's no prize either," or a glum, "Yeah, well...Demmy sucks more."

I think if I had enough money to mount a campaign for ArcherHunter's Dead Cat around here, he might seriously have a halfway decent chance.

But then, it's not really proper to call this a battleground state. More a "...meh..." state.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I live in Oregon, east of the Cascade Mountain range. Usually solid conservative/republican.

Last presidential election there were tons of Obama bumper stickers and yard signs. Not this time. See the occasional Prius with an Obama bumper sticker and a few yard signs but not nearly to the extent of last election when I even saw a Cadillac and a Dodge Cummins P.U. with Obammy stickers!

The rural areas in the state will go for Romney but the 3 large western counties will go comfortably for Obama, sad to say, and Oregon will again be a blue state.

Last edited by Roundup; 10/16/12.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (arky65, anothergun, Amos63, 35, 10gaugemag, 5 invisible), 1,967 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,689
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.