Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Who's stocking up?

Have to admit I don't have one.

Yet.

Thinking a tub of ammo or two is in order also.

I'm still flat out amazed the doofus thought it was a good idea to throw that out publicly with 21 days to go. As my kids would say, EPIC FAIL!

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eLM0KQPqRUk[/video]

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I really hope that comment did him in.

Dink

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
That was a patently stupid thing to say at this stage of the election. It simply proves that he's desperately trying to shore up his base to stop the bleeding.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
That was a patently stupid thing to say at this stage of the election. It simply proves that he's desperately trying to shore up his base to stop the bleeding.

Totally agree. If he thought for a second that he had it in the bag, he would never have brought that up. Good sign for real Americans.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was perusing another site and they were talking about big of a meltdown the DU (Democrat Underground or whatever it's called) site was having because they wanted to leave that off until after the election.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The cat's out of the bag. Seems many here said he would make that a point of his second term. Sadly, the obumble nutlickers said it would bever happen.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I somewhat disagree. Anyone serious about 2A rights wasn't voting for him anyway. Maybe he thought he might bring in votes from non-shooters who were drifting away because of economy?

NRA Life Member
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by lithian

I somewhat disagree. Anyone serious about 2A rights wasn't voting for him anyway. Maybe he thought he might bring in votes from non-shooters who were drifting away because of economy?

No, Pelosi wanted to pursue it in the first term and he essentially said, hell no, it has to wait until the time is right.

Only desperation to shore up the base makes this the right time, and again, it's a stupid move because he'll lose more than he'll win with this.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lithian

You had a lot of turd munchers that shoot and thought he'd never go here isn't that right Jeff Obama. No this is going to hurt turd one!

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suspect he was hoping for using the concept as a "Hail Mary" play to shore up the economy. He has to know it will stimulate sales of guns and stuff related; wouldn't be surprised if that gives the economy a boost.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I suspect he was hoping for using the concept as a "Hail Mary" play to shore up the economy. He has to know it will stimulate sales of guns and stuff related; wouldn't be surprised if that gives the economy a boost.

Or this is where gun manufactures move to other countries grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where is JeffO?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think that Hussein saying he's in favor of an AWB is a game changer in either direction.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Well I am SHOCKED!!

Seriously tho, I'm not sure this changes much. The 2A lines are pretty clearly drawn and I don't think this causes anybody to reconsider. This isnt going to "offend" the large group of folks who are indifferent to gun ownership in the first place.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fish head
I don't think that Hussein saying he's in favor of an AWB is a game changer in either direction.

I think most 2nd Amendment folk are already firmly anti Obama, so I have to agree. On the other side of it, those who are so far gone as to support Obama either hate guns, don't care or figure they'll come out on top so they'll get to keep theirs. I just finished the biography of Hunter S. Thompson. I never could figure out how he and a lot of other gun folk could turn a blind eye to the anti gun properties of the wild-eyed liberals they supported.

Hell, a lot of Obama's supporters are criminals anyway, so what do they care?

J
J
As if this actually surprised anyone.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
As usual, some of the most absurd arguements and observations from the right wing militants.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Who's stocking up?

It's not just assault rifles.

It's what ever the AG will determine to be a cheap gun.

Note bold below.

So my belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we've already got, make sure that we're keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We've done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we've got more to do when it comes to enforcement.

But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. And so what I'm trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47s. They're using cheap hand guns.

And so what can we do to intervene,
to make sure that young people have opportunity; that our schools are working; that if there's violence on the streets, that working with faith groups and law enforcement, we can catch it before it gets out of control.

And so what I want is a -- is a comprehensive strategy. Part of it is seeing if we can get automatic weapons that kill folks in amazing numbers out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. But part of it is also going deeper and seeing if we can get into these communities and making sure we catch violent impulses before they occur.

Also note the italic pasrt is exactly what Paul Ryan said in his Michigan interview that the reporter bulldozed him for.

Apparently, �bama liked it enough to grab.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rene
As usual, some of the most absurd arguements and observations from the right wing militants.

Militants?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Militants?

>laughin'<

There's more grey hair, bald heads, and guts here than not.

(he/she/it obviously hasn't seen the annual weight loss threads) grin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

236 members (338reddog, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 34 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,245
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.