Print Thread
Hop To
U
UKdave Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U

I was watching top shot series 3 last night here in Canada, what is it with Navy Seals? if they are not instructors they are competitors, were are the Delta boys? to cool for school or are Seals C++K sucking fly boys?

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You don't amount to a pimple on one's ass. GFY

U
UKdave Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Thanks for the reply, and yes you are correct, however it doesnt answer my genuine question,
whenever they have service men on the show they are always "seals" they never seem to be marines or solders?.

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I had to sit and endure the first five shows. I was staying at someone else's home. I cannot figure why anyone in their right mind would waist time on such crap.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Can't say. Cachet, I suppose.

But I know a couple of Marines back from the sand whom I wouldn't want to be very mad at me.

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably busy being Soldiers and Marines. Please don't make any judgments on the SOF community from what you see on tv. Actually that's pretty good advice for everything on TV.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
I had to sit and endure the first five shows. I was staying at someone else's home. I cannot figure why anyone in their right mind would waist time on such crap.

i Tivo'd them and fast forwarded through all the bullchit and just watched the competitions.....some of the individual competitions were interesting to watch.....but they amounted to less than 1/3 of the show....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I made it 10 minutes into one show once....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by eh76

I made it 10 minutes into one show once....

I've done a hair better since I kept thinking, they couldn't have made it that damned lame of a show. But they did. Sons of Guns though... has it beat for plum flat stupid [bleep] hands down...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just like many of the new TV shows, authentic doesn't sell; outlandish or inane or both does. If you want proof, try watching Jersey Shore one time. I dare ya.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i actually like Sons of Guns but then again i dont take much of what i see on TV to seriously......granted they dont mess with much that im interested in but i wouldnt mind being around the people in it, Will seems like good ol boy and would be fun to BS with......one of the guys on here kinda knows him and says he is a decent guy....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Will and bunch may be fine in life, but if they are, this is a way overscripted bullshit show. I have no clue why anyone would want to watch a bunch of morons butcher guns and with full drama included.

of course when I think gunsmith, I think of the real deal and I could watch that for a bit for sure, but most couldn't at all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i also figure most of what they work on is sheet metal with AK's.....if yah have seen enough shows you know hey have the corect tools and machinery in their shopo......think an angle grinder just looks better on camera cause ive seen them use a mill and a lathe often enough.....

i like watching chit blow up and they have a pretty good tannerite budget laugh

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yeah, thats the weird part, I used to only see a dewalt... and then at times when I'm just flippin through channels in the winter I'll stop and see how long it takes to aggravate me... and bingo, they have the REAL stuff there, but seems rarely to use it.

I hear ya on the blow up stuff. Never was my cup of tea and thats probably why I don't get off on the show at all. I"m way more of a one shot one kill type.

But its definitely scripted IMHO. And aint' much different than the soap that I end up watching at lunch since I'm always at a buddies moms house for lunch... they get so aggravated at the actors.... and I remind them they are actors in real life they'd be just fine likely....

But then this isn't posed as a soap opera but a reality show. I mean, there hasn't been much they've done that I'd even want to own.

Other than I thought they were dealing with a suppressed shotgun... now if that was real and worked and affordable, I'd sure be interested in one I could shoot without ear plugs

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i dont take the shows to seriously which prolly why i dont mind them though the American Guns one i really couldnt stand between the prices being thrown around and taking themselves way to seriously even i couldnt stomach it.....

Family Guns with the IMA crew is kinda neat mainly cause they pretty much only deal with the old stuff from front stuffers up through Korea or whatever.....

kinda the same deal with Pawn Stars and some of those others....i tune in cause i like seeing the stuff.....so long as the people dont annoy me to bad i can deal with alot of the BS to see some stuff i dont usually see, especially here in the middle of nowhere....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Pawn stars sorta ok, because some of that stuff I've never seen before... but thats about it. The shtick lines of the show are enough to make one puke...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UKdave

I was watching top shot series 3 last night here in Canada, what is it with Navy Seals? if they are not instructors they are competitors, were are the Delta boys? to cool for school or are Seals C++K sucking fly boys?

Boy I just love to see you ask a Seal that FTF.

NRA Lifetime Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 1,789 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,106
Posts18,522,486
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.