Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
New Frontier Arms polymer lower...

saw one of these today at a gun show. some sort of new polymer lower, pretty much solidly polymer, excepting springs and mag catch. even the takedown pins, trigger, and hammer were polymer. trigger guard was part of the one piece lower. i was intrigued, but didn't know what to think about the high-use parts being poymer. i know the carbon 15 seems to be doing ok for the most part, and my department has issued me the polymer glocks for primary and backup, so i know it's come a long way. but a tupperware AR.....i don't know. the complete lower was $163 total, with 6 position collapsible and all.

anybody have any experience with this product or any like it?

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak arabic, love music, and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors." ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm still clinging bitterly...how about you?
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Nothing on their web site about it. Where did you get your info?

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
i picked one up and toyed with it for awhile trying to make up my mind.

saw some reviews at some of the AR fanboy sites, but i think i'll stick to the fire for better reviews. everyone does seem to like them though.

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak arabic, love music, and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors." ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm still clinging bitterly...how about you?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have heard pretty much all negative comments about them. Myself, I dont see any advantage other than price.

Last edited by CBMJR; 08/19/12.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's essentially the PlumCrazy lower with metal fire control parts (as opposed the polymer parts in the PlumCrazy versions).

I have one and it works just fine; the trigger is much crisper than that of my Bushmaster.

George
P.S. AR15.com and WeaponEvolution.com have a wealth of information on the AR platform. They're much, MUCH better than this site in one important regard.........Bricktop doesn't post there. laugh

Last edited by GeorgeS; 08/20/12.

Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Joe Bob's sells them. There are also many youtube videos of them torture testing them. I don't own one but I'm intrigued enough to try one next time, especially given the price point.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I bought a Plum Crazy cause they are cheap, tried it out and it functions well. I am not in any firefights or anything but have shot the occasional coyote with it. It makes for a light weight carbine, under 6 pounds. I have many other AR lowers to choose from and currently is sits waiting for a 22lr upper to make the ultimate kids gun.

For a plinker or super cheap AR, it has a place. If I were defending myself, I would probably use something different.

NRA Life Member
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I have seen no negative reports. Quite a few folks run them on Pred Masters. Ey are well regarded. I have one, sitting in the safe, waiting for me to decide what to put on it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Old thread, but I've put together 2 FA polymer lowers now. Several hundred rounds through them, no issues. Mine is over 500 or 600 rounds now.

My advice: Don't make it your only lower, but they have worked fine for me.

I made a longer comment on another thread:https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/6958721/Re_AR_lower_of_choice#Post6958721

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Geffray Mynshul

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,802 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,315
Posts18,487,306
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.