-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am looking at picking up a carrier & bolt for my next build and was wondering what you guys would recommend as a good quality carrier & bolt. I am wanting quality parts & not the most expensive.

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What caliber?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like BCM & Spike's.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I like Colt but they're hard to find in stock, check with G&R tactical for Colt parts.

Next I've had great luck with LaRue's for the money but would search for Daniel Defense and probably BCM.

I'd stay away from dpms, RR and BM along with many others.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I may have an obvious bias because I am a distributor for Young Manufacturing, but their bolts are of a very high quality. They do not stake their gas keys (neither do we on our own WSSM carriers), which some people demand, but I find superfluous in a quality put together BCG.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Having seen more than one "high quality" un staked gas key leak, I am one of those that demand it be staked. Of course that is after the surfaces are level and screws are torqued.

I have also seen a "high quality" Colt key that was loose after it was staked.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chicoredneck
I may have an obvious bias because I am a distributor for Young Manufacturing, but their bolts are of a very high quality. They do not stake their gas keys (neither do we on our own WSSM carriers), which some people demand, but I find superfluous in a quality put together BCG.

I have used one Young BC and was very impressed with it. The rifle started out with a Bravo Company BC. After changing it out with the Young my group size dropped significantly. I can't explain why but it did. The rifle wasn't setup for fighting so the non stacked key didn't bother me too much nor did it ever give a moments trouble.

Terry

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I just go to White Oak. He demands quality and rejects anything that is not top of the line. I have no clue what they send me. And at times I know it can be from different sources, OR get to the point they have to have it outsourced to their specs.

Simple enough for me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by chicoredneck

I have used one Young BC and was very impressed with it. The rifle started out with a Bravo Company BC. After changing it out with the Young my group size dropped significantly. I can't explain why but it did. The rifle wasn't setup for fighting so the non stacked key didn't bother me too much nor did it ever give a moments trouble.

Terry
Either headspace vs the ammo, or simply a harmonics change is my guess RE why it shot better. Or the fact that the face was more square with the chamber and line of the bore.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For durability and reliability, it's hard to go wrong with Bravo Company.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
How many actual AR-15/M-16 bolt manufacturers are there? I do know there are a lot of names on bolts that the named company didn't make.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
www.palmettostatearmory.com is another good source for quality parts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last one I got was a LaRue tactical. Works well and was actually cheaper than anybody else tat had one in stock.

NRA Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (06hunter59, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 59 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,306
Posts18,487,165
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.