Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
did so by absentee ballot long ago wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Had to vote absentee due to business meetings in Boston. It's easy when your wife is the Republican Registrar in town...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Voted Monday and was very pleased with the bumper stickers in the parking lot! wink

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I voted so damn early that it was for Nixon.

Ain't seen much sense in botherin' with it since then.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
took care of that before I left for work in Africa...

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I voted so damn early that it was for Nixon.

Ain't seen much sense in botherin' with it since then.

Bristoe, I've refrained from commenting on your various political diatribes for quite some time. However after serious consideration of your defeatist attitude, your inability to deal with the realities presented to us, and your refusal to at very least vote NO to the worst choice by voting YES to the better option presented, I have come to the considered conclusion you are much more interested in being labeled as a 'rebel', an idealist, a true 'all or nothing' beacon in the dark than in contributing to the betterment of our nation. In short you're a f'ng waste of time and a waste of good air. If we the people are subjugated to continued assault by the Obama Court of Jesters it will be the work of those like you that refuse to vote their ouster.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Wish it were so here. Every other voter in Guilford county was voting the O as they were calling it.

I hope the rest of the state can overcome the stain that Durham, Forsyth, Guilford, and Mecklenberg counties give NC.

No sense in leaving out Orange, Wake, and the heads in Buncombe.

Last edited by RWE; 11/02/12.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sent in my absentee ballot yesterday.

I wish I could be at work in case those scary black panthers show up.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, voting Tuesday. I like the process. Some of the poll workers are neighbors and I usually see a friend or acquaintance to kibitz with. It IS a small town. smile

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Before early voting, I was within the first 6 voters, in my precinct for years - EVERY election. NOW I vote even earlier!

Momma always said - "If you don't vote, you've got NO right to "complain" " - Well, I'm determined to keep my bitchin' rights!!

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Momma always said - "If you don't vote, you've got NO right to "complain" " - Well, I'm determined to keep my bitchin' rights!!

Mark

Reminds me of one of those firehouse/EMS initiations on a newby story.

These things are pulled off only when working partners know each other so well, that everyone in the room can get it on the action.

My friend John and I were both pulling OT and in the middle of 72 hour shift. We had a trainee working with us, a young man of 21 years, who was riding along to get some ambulance clinical experience.

We would get in the habit of playing devils advocate on topics just to sucker newby's into taking an opinion, whereby they were systematically decimated by all those present.

We talked politics and went at each other for a good 30 minutes before the rookie opened his mouth.

Everyone stopped and looked dead at him, intently.

Then my friend John said, "Let's see it."

"See what?" the kid asked.

"Your voter's registration card...."

"My what?"

"Your voter's registration card. You are registered to vote, right?" I asked.

"Uh, no."

Then John get's a look on his face like George C. Scott right before he slapped the private, and goes into his diatribe,

"Then what gives you the $^#% right to render a ^$^#% opinion in this conversation? You $&%^# piss me off. Bitching and moaning about the state of things, but you're too much of a lame ^$%&$#^# to even vote? Hell, I could even accept not voting, but you're not even $&*#$$ registered. You make me sick."

The assistant chief, mocking concern, "Take it easy John, don't go off like you did the last time."

Me: "Yeah John, we don't need the cops here again. Looks bad on the department."

At this point the kid is looking a little worried.

Me: "Listen, let's just move on. But rookie, I suggest you just keep your mouth shut on political matters from now on."

John: "Hell, I don't even want the lazy SOB in the room."

So the kid leaves.

We're wondering if we overdid it, as we watch him walk off down the street. And we honestly contemplated going after him, but decided if he couldn't take the heat, well, maybe high stress life and death situations weren't for him.

It was about that time that the kid walked back in and slapped a new Voter's ID card on the table. Turn's out he walked next door to the courthouse and registered.

He looked up at John, and said, "Now, let me tell you what I think about Clinton....."

He was our new beer buddy from then on.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We had an electrical fire at the plant I was working at in 2004 on election day. I didn't get to leave the plant until well after midnight. That is the only election I've missed since turning 18. And being the "hanging chad" election, and I live in THAT state, I was really pissed. I will always vote early from now on.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife and I voted last Sunday afternoon,took a little over an hour.
On Nov 6th,our normal voting place will as full as some small towns.Been there before and watched as people got tired of waiting and walked away!

I was pleased to have stood in line Sunday with a lot of Romney supporters.I have two classes to teach on Tuesdays and from what I am hearing,most of my classes have also voted early.Most of my students are business owners,CEO's and top shelf salesmen,time is money to these folks. I think the early vote is a good thing!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Early voting ended last night at 8:00, I voted at lunch and my daughter who turned 18 last month voted a few hours later. In a college town infested by libtard's, she confirmed she was smarter than 47% of the country laugh

Dave

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by coltchris
Voted absentee two weeks ago!

Me too.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Did the early voting yesterday, just not sure what my Tuesday will look like and wanted to make sure my voice was heard. Lots of Romney stickers in the parking lot, but not a big surprise, last time a Dem won my county was LBJ

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I did

FJB
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I was gonna wait till election day so I could see the folks in line.So many young people last time.Saw a chance to get it done yesterday and jumped on it.I realize one more Rep.vote in Texas isnt going to change things.It does let the Libs. down Austin way know how out numbered they are.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

283 members (280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 37 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,228
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.