Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Back in Benghazi, the president who looks so cool in a bomber jacket declined to answer his beleaguered diplomats� calls for help � even though he had aircraft and Special Forces in the region. Too bad. He�s all jacket and no bombers. This, too, is an example of America�s uniquely profligate impotence. When something goes screwy at a ramshackle consulate halfway round the globe, very few governments have the technological capacity to watch it unfold in real time. Even fewer have deployable military assets only a couple of hours away. What is the point of unmanned drones, of military bases around the planet, of elite Special Forces trained to the peak of perfection if the president and the vast bloated federal bureaucracy cannot rouse themselves to action? What is the point of outspending Russia, Britain, France, China, Germany and every middle-rank military power combined if, when it matters, America cannot urge into the air one plane with a couple of dozen commandoes? In Iraq, al-Qaida is running training camps in the western desert. In Afghanistan, the Taliban are all but certain to return most of the country to its pre-9/11 glories. But in Washington the head of the world�s biggest �counterterrorism� bureaucracy briefs the president on flood damage and downed trees.

I don�t know whether Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan can fix things, but I do know that Barack Obama and Joe Biden won�t even try � and that therefore a vote for Obama is a vote for the certainty of national collapse. Look at Lower Manhattan in the dark, and try to imagine what America might look like after the rest of the planet decides it no longer needs the dollar as global reserve currency. For four years, we have had a president who can spend everything but build nothing. Nothing but debt, dependency, and decay. As I said at the beginning, in different ways the response to Hurricane Sandy and Benghazi exemplify the fundamental unseriousness of the superpower at twilight. Whether or not to get serious is the choice facing the electorate Tuesday.

But let him keep the bomber jacket.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like Mark Steyn and he is spot on as usual

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Plus, I think that FEMA is too qualified, too expensive, and went into action too quickly, don't you?

I liked it better when Brownie was doing a heck of a job.

Remember folks, it doesn't matter that a hurricane hit the east coast, we should be focused overseas. Especially in Libya. It's really our 51st state. Well, 52nd, after Iraq.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mark Steyn is as concise as they come. I love that guy.

- Rogue
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hey Pard, you're startin ta look a little unhinged lately. Just sayin.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We are well aware that libturds can only develope excuses for their inadequacies one emergency at a time. Actually, that is part of the problem.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Plus, I think that FEMA is too qualified, too expensive, and went into action too quickly, don't you?

Remember folks, it doesn't matter that a hurricane hit the east coast, we should be focused overseas. Especially in Libya. It's really our 51st state. Well, 52nd, after Iraq.

Sycamore

those starving white people on Staten Island would be on every newscast if they were black and a republican were president.....and they'd be screaming about the president campaigning while people go hungry in the dark.

local governments are the ones fixing things....the problem in La. was the locals failed miserably.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My most cherished jacket is a Canadian-made Cabela's version of the Navy fighter pilot's cockpit jacket. Next-most favorite is an Army Air Corps version. To me, they're both handsome symbols of classic heroes and heroism.

It turns my stomach to see one stuffed with sh�t.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I remember when Bush was posing in his bomber jacket aboard the Carrier, and how badly the press beat him up over it.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
the MSM has a team in the game......you see it on every newscast and in every newspaper. the news is about as honest as a football game where the refs have a bet in.

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
My most cherished jacket is a Canadian-made Cabela's version of the Navy fighter pilot's cockpit jacket. Next-most favorite is an Army Air Corps version. To me, they're both handsome symbols of classic heroes and heroism.

It turns my stomach to see one stuffed with sh�t.

Well said, as usual Sir.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I remember when Bush was posing in his bomber jacket aboard the Carrier, and how badly the press beat him up over it.

And both Bushes came by theirs honestly. IIRC, Bush Sr was flying a fighter in combat when he was 18. Bush Jr, IIRC, is a jet-fighter pilot. A couple of stratospheres, IMHO, above a "community organizer" bum from a Chicago slum.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Sycamore

those starving white people on Staten Island would be on every newscast if they were black and a republican were president.....and they'd be screaming about the president campaigning while people go hungry in the dark.

local governments are the ones fixing things....the problem in La. was the locals failed miserably.

Hell Steve, if they were Black, you'd be excoriating them for a) not evacuating b) not being storm prepared, c) not having 1 weeks worth of food on hand.

Brownie was an organizer of Arabian Horse Shows!! Even 4 years after 9/11! Pure Dumbass!

Sycamore

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Amen Ken!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't really expect much of urban Yankees in terms of self reliance.

what we excoriated here was the incompetence of Schoolbus Ray and Governor MeeMaw in both the evacuation and the rescue and feeding operations.

looks like Bloomberg is the new Nagin.

and no....nobody expected poor people to have cases of MREs on hand, that wasn't the issue. you just have to carry water for these douchebags to stir the pot, though, don't you?

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sycamore

The people of New Orleans were given a mandatory evacuation order. The citizens failed.

The mayor ignored the emergency plans,that had been in effect for decades,which required him to commandeer the school buses and evacuate the sick and elderly.The mayor failed.

Governor Blanco was asked by President Bush to call out the national guard three days before the main body of the storm struck.Her response was "We'll employ a wait and see" strategy.The governor failed.

But when the flooding took place and all the failures of the citizens,mayor and governor were apparent the media rushed to blame Bush.

Your asinine comments are to be expected from a commie ass-hole such as yourself.

PS: Ignoring the failure of this president to protect our ambassador and citizens,while he's been supplying our enemies with weapons and wants his muzzie buddies to succeed,is also to be expected from a hack like yourself.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
0 in a bomber jacket is just like that dolt Dukakis in a tank.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Empty jacket, just like the chair.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Sycamore

Sycophant...

Your posts have become palpably more strident and unhinged over the past week or so, not that I thought you had much sand before this, but still...

I think you should study rte's post, above, which nicely summarizes how the NOLA debacle came to be, and how the MSM fraudulently did a knee-jerk "Blame Bush" hatchet job on the president while ever so conveeeeeeeniently glossing over the criminally negligent failures of the mayor and governor.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What I remember a lot of, right on this website, was how many hundreds of rapes and murders were occurring in the Superdome, "by those animals" turns out one, two or none?

And how the brave stalwart men in blue of the NOPD survived a hellish fire-fight with crazed well-armed gangbangers on some overpass.

that's what the boys on the Campfire were talking about.

Remember?

Sycamore

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.